Page 177 of 1167 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227277677 ... LastLast
Results 3,521 to 3,540 of 23329
    Lesser Hivemind Node TailSwallower's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Of all the things you wouldn't expect me to be playing...

It's Terraria.
    It runs just a little too slow on my netbook which is frustrating... but still, it calls to me.
    weekendwarrio.rs - We've got more games than time...

I'm playing the MGS HD Collection right now. Started with MGS 3, and intending to go through the whole series in order of the story. Should be fun, never played Snake Eater and Peace Walker before.
    steam

http://dailycelluloid.blogspot.com/- where I write about movies.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ado View Post
    I'm playing the MGS HD Collection right now. Started with MGS 3, and intending to go through the whole series in order of the story. Should be fun, never played Snake Eater and Peace Walker before.
    Metal Gear 1 and 2 are in the HD collection, so you should play through those. If you're feeling really thorough, you should play Portable Ops and Ghost Babel as well.

Oh, and since we've been talking about F-Zero GX a bit...
    Last edited by sabrage; 18-02-2012 at 01:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Metal Gear 1 and 2 are in the HD collection, so you should play through those. If you're feeling really thorough, you should play Portable Ops and Ghost Babel as well.
    You're right, they do come with MGS3. Never really tried any of the old MG games, so I will try to squeeze them in between PW and MGS.

Forgot about those completely, so thanks for the reminder!
    steam

I might just do the same thing as you whenever I pick up the HD collection; I've been meaning to finish playing through 3 and I don't have a PS2 to play it on anymore. I could buy one for the same price as the collection, but I'd much rather play Peace Walker without the PSP's shoehorned control scheme.

From what I hear Peace Walker benefits a great deal from the 2nd analog stick. Anyways I recommend the HD collection wholeheartedly, the HD job they did on it seems to be really good (judging from MGS3 alone so far, and the game looks impressively sharp despite some low res textures).
    steam

Well, I already have the PS2 "Essential Collection" (and an original copy of MGS1) so that's the only thing that's kept me this long from snapping it up. Gotta say though, between MGS, Contra, Gradius and Castlvania, Konami can just wire directly into my bank account and seize funds as they see fit.

What's in the essential collection? Never heard of it before.

I still have my PSX copy of MGS as well. Those 2 discs have seen a lot of spin over the years, but still work just fine even on the PS3. I've got a PC copy of MGS with the VR missions too, however I can't get it to work on my Win7 machine.
    But I sold off my copy of MGS2 together with my PS2, which happened before MGS3 came out so I never got to play that.

It's good to finally have the complete series (FINE! Minus Portable Ops and that Game Boy game :P) in my library now; it's quite great despite all the flak it gets and I know I'll be re-playing these games periodically.
    steam

Quote Originally Posted by ado View Post
    What's in the essential collection? Never heard of it before.
    1, 2 and 3 on PS2 (MGS1 got a reprint for it; to my knowledge this technically makes it the very last PS1 release.) So when I get the HD collection, I'll own 2 copies each of 1, 2 and 3.

I spent like 2 goddamn hours this morning trying to beat the level two boss in Super R-Type and I just can't do it. It doesn't even seem possible. Game also has ridiculous slowdown, which doesn't help.

I've gone back to an old, yet familiar drug: Sid Meier's SimGolf. Something about this game calls to me every 2 years or so. Does anyone know if there are any mods/add-ons/community-made-items floating around still for this?
    Game Library Completion: 212/246 - 86.18%

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Oh, and since we've been talking about F-Zero GX a bit...
    -video-
    Holy shit.... That's Beastman over there, right?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    I've been playing Jagged Alliance 2​ 1.13 and getting utterly worked over in recruit mode. Woe is me.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SMiD View Post
    I've gone back to an old, yet familiar drug: Sid Meier's SimGolf. Something about this game calls to me every 2 years or so.
    Man I love that game, finding a new copy was so hard!

Still Tribes Ascend. You know when you've been playing something too much when you get up to get some water its not standing up then going downstairs, but the mind imagines "Jetpack up, ski down the slope."

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Carlo View Post
    Let's see, I just finished "Zombie Shoot 1."
    Kudos! I only bore to play it for 13 minutes before giving up.

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Carlo View Post
    I'm actually kind of shocked that Valve accepted it at all to sell on steam--it's that bad.
    I can't help and think of games like that when I hear that some worthy title wasn't allowed on Steam. Go figure...

Haven't got a lot of time to play in the last month but I've been slowly getting back to it. Defense Grid: The Awakening (thanks Vinraith!) was my title of choice. It's forviging enough and lets me mess around sort of casually, but as soon as I try to do something specific (getting a medal or an achievement) it suddenly acquires a lot of depth.

So far I only found two little (and minor) flaws, which is you can't skip the voiceovers and the only way to cope with failure is to backtrack, which sometimes is a bore because you can't really control how many waves back you'll go.

On the side, I started and finished a short AGS adventure from 2008, called The Vacuum, and then picked back up Katawa Shoujo (which I hadn't played for many weeks), currently trying to get through my second playthrough (Rin's turn).

If you're playing the advanced modes in Defense Grid, a lot of them require you to juggle, which is terrible because it turns it essentially into a twitch game.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Finished what there is of Driftmoon for the time being. For me it's worth the 12 euro as it stands, and I think there's a lot more to come, both content and polishing. In terms of play time, if anyone's wondering how much the demo shows, I think the demo took me just over an hour and a half (but I was playing on easy mode), while the full game to date took about six and a half hours on a mix of difficulties. The main plot is established in the demo, but a good bit more is developed later on.

High points for me: the NPCs are mostly well written; on several occasions you get to choose how you're going to approach an interaction, and your choice does have an effect on what the outcome is; sometimes there's an Intelligence check for a dialogue choice. The combat didn't get boring for me once I was playing mainly on Warlord difficulty (medium-hard). It's not a clickfest - once you're in combat the dice rolls take over, except for launching special attacks and chugging potions. There's a (for me) interesting and funny twist on the RPG trope of maguffins that have been scattered across the map which you have to collect for the main plot line. This doesn't come into the game until well after the demo ends, so give the plot a little bit of time if you do play it.

Low points? It would probably be better if there were a penalty for switching difficulty levels frequently, e.g. higher xp at the higher difficulty. If there's anything like this, I didn't notice it. Also, potions are craftable with not-very-uncommon ingredients once you have the instructions, which makes combat quite a bit less challenging partway through the game. The point about not being able to equip friendly NPCs stands, but so far you get new, stronger party members on a fairly regular basis, so there's kind of a balance.
    "Harry uses the One Ring to defeat Magneto and save the Rebellion!"
    With thanks to RaveTurned in comments on the main page.

I'm old-schooling it with Theme Hospital at the mo. I'd love to see a low-key sequel made of that game. Just give it a few small additions, little tweaks, bit of sparkle. No flashy reinventing bullshit. I'd pay full price for that.

Oh, and NO earthquakes. Goddamn earthquakes.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keep View Post
    Oh, and NO earthquakes. Goddamn earthquakes.
    It wouldn't be so bad if there was a way to clean out a room where the equipment exploded.

Just did my first ladder match in BF3. Had to forfeit a round because one of our players used a flashlight on a weapon, but then stomped 'em the other two.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Terraria - Damn, it's like 8bit crack.
    Dredmor - Level 10 on my "warrior", and it's really gotten quite hard. I'm taking more damage than I'm comfortable with, the stream of gear has slowed down and it's just getting much more difficult. I think I chose a bad class.
    Brawl Busters - Well, only played the tutorials and a few online matches, but it's pretty fun.