Page 184 of 1241 FirstFirst ... 841341741821831841851861942342846841184 ... LastLast
Results 3,661 to 3,680 of 24802
    Space Marine. It's quite fun although I can see it getting a little samey until they throw more enemy types my way.

But to be fair I haven't played that much, only just destroying the battering ram. That flying orc craft was annoying

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by One Pigeon View Post
    Space Marine. It's quite fun although I can see it getting a little samey until they throw more enemy types my way.

But to be fair I haven't played that much, only just destroying the battering ram. That flying orc craft was annoying
    It's pretty samey even with more enemy times.

More shit on the DS. Dragon Quest IV with short bursts of Earthbound (using an emulator). I'm now Torneko Taloon and fighting every monster I see just for their precious loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Miker View Post
    It's ghetto as hell with a hideous "for gamers by gamers" interface
    Don't all PC gamers want their desktop blinged up? :)

GameRanger could look a lot better than it does, but the primary focus so far has been on being fast and functional. Theming/skinning can always be added later.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Just 100%ed my Mass Effect 2 save, spent 2 hours and the only dialogue I heard was Kelly telling me I had new messages and combat taunts.

Completed every quest and pretty much broke into every building in detroit Deus Ex Human Revolution lots of lovely written messages but so many conversations ate obsessed with augmentation that it's dragging me right out of the game. Yes I get it, robot arms are a hot topic excuse me while I go talk to the homeless man who wants money for booze, at least that conversation is plausible to be one someone might have with a stranger.
    PS. It's very good
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Jagged Alliance: Back in Action ​has for the most part pulled me away from my Nappy AAR, at least for now. Forget the naysayers, this game is full of shooty goodness.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    The New Vegas Ultimate edition arrived today but I'm holding out for Crusader Kings 2 after that awesome Wot I Think. Ordered yesterday and hoping it turns up tomorrow. *Crosses fingers* Haven't been this excited in ages.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Dota 2 is so goddamn frustrating. I remember why I stopped playing these games now.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    I keep trying Crusader Kings II but I have no idea what I'm suppose to be doing, I also keep getting those alerts that tell me things I have no understand of what it means. I really want to like this game but it's hard like this. :(

Network Hub
    I just got a code for the Risen 2 beta, so I'm gonna be playing that for a little while.

Lesser Hivemind Node Juan Carlo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Dota 2 is so goddamn frustrating. I remember why I stopped playing these games now.
    I got the beta a month ago. I've played 2 games. Won one, lost one. I don't know. Nothing about it grabs me, really. It's fun enough when you are winning, but knowing that games usually take an hour and that you pretty much have to keep playing for that entire time, even if it's clear you will lose, kind of kills my enthusiasm. As does having to learn all the items, heros, etc, etc (I've searched and read faqs, but I still have no idea how to craft, for example. Where do you buy recipes?).

I'll be interested to see how Valve tries to sell this to the public beyond just hard core MOBA players. I mean, it's a game with no story, only the barest pretense of a theme, one map, scores of heroes with tons of powers you have to learn before you can get good at the game, an incredibly hostile community, set ways of playing the game that aren't readily apparent just from playing it.....I could probably go on. If you look at it objectively (i.e. as someone who has never played a MOBA before) it's a pretty tough sell.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    The Darkness II. It's an amazing shooter, best since Bulletstorm for me. It's been a long time since a story grabbed my attention so much. I don't agree with the RPS review complaining about a lack of balance and cheap enemies - the game gets a lot more interesting because it keeps mixing enemies and combat scenarios. Just like in Bulletstorm, I'm thinking really hard during the combat. It's very intense and satisfying.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Carlo View Post
    I got the beta a month ago. I've played 2 games. Won one, lost one. I don't know. Nothing about it grabs me, really. It's fun enough when you are winning, but knowing that games usually take an hour and that you pretty much have to keep playing for that entire time, even if it's clear you will lose, kind of kills my enthusiasm. As does having to learn all the items, heros, etc, etc (I've searched and read faqs, but I still have no idea how to craft, for example. Where do you buy recipes?).
    This is half of my annoyance with the game. I'm at the point where I (kinda) know what the items do, but I don't know the enemy heroes (WTF INVOKER) do enough to actually counter them. How do I know what's magic damage? How do I know if an ultimate will go through Black King Bar? Am I really supposed to be using this much gold on scrolls, or should I be using them more sparingly? Should I buy a courier if my support doesn't?

What I liked about LoL (and the reason it's such a massive success) is it makes all of this stuff exceedingly simple to understand. Having all of this confusion on top of the faster, more dangerous style of DotA 2 where one fuckup can kill your whole team (seriously, Lich/Earthshaker/Invoker/Warlock...) and the exact same assholes that always play this game really drain the game of any fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Carlo View Post

I'll be interested to see how Valve tries to sell this to the public beyond just hard core MOBA players. I mean, it's a game with no story, only the barest pretense of a theme, one map, scores of heroes with tons of powers you have to learn before you can get good at the game, an incredibly hostile community, set ways of playing the game that aren't readily apparent just from playing it.....I could probably go on. If you look at it objectively (i.e. as someone who has never played a MOBA before) it's a pretty tough sell.
    I just played the mod in WC3 but that's basically what I thought about DOtA

Been playing 1000 Amps and Orbitron Revolution. The former is turning out to be a pretty snazzy exploration platormer thingie. The latter has been frustrating me. There's some reasonably entertaining shoot 'em up elements, but the controls are gimped to all hell on the PC. I can't map the controls, and it doesn't support any sort of controller from what I can tell, which doesn't make sense since it was originally an XBLIG game, so it was initially designed with a 360 controller in mind. Now my hand is a gnarled claw from the control scheme that's been locked into the game for the PC version. Color me disappointed.

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    This is half of my annoyance with the game. I'm at the point where I (kinda) know what the items do, but I don't know the enemy heroes (WTF INVOKER) do enough to actually counter them. How do I know what's magic damage? How do I know if an ultimate will go through Black King Bar? Am I really supposed to be using this much gold on scrolls, or should I be using them more sparingly? Should I buy a courier if my support doesn't?

What I liked about LoL (and the reason it's such a massive success) is it makes all of this stuff exceedingly simple to understand. Having all of this confusion on top of the faster, more dangerous style of DotA 2 where one fuckup can kill your whole team (seriously, Lich/Earthshaker/Invoker/Warlock...) and the exact same assholes that always play this game really drain the game of any fun.
    That to me seems the fun of it, the fact that you don't know everything, you always have something to discover and doing it MATTERS, knowing the enemy is MUCH more important than in LoL and as a reward for having this knowledge, even vs. a bad match-up, you might win because of it. Yes, it takes a lot of time to get to know it all, but for me it was worth it. If you go in expecting to know everything immediately though, you will be disappointed. And in a way it's better that you still have a lot to learn knowledge-wise, because once it gets down just to the mechanical skill/execution and eventually team synergy, it is not as rewarding to gain that particular skill, etc.

If you take it 1 game at a time, the game is very easy to get into. Just think of what you'll play beforehand and read up on it a bit or think about it, don't worry too much about what teammates will pick/say, in pubs it's just practice. Plus, some people will rage because they exist, so don't stress too much about internet text.

Lots of Battlefield Bad Company 2 multiplayer, which I picked up during the Amazon holiday sale for $6.50. I have gotten way more my moneys worth out of the game. I like the class progression and it runs great on the new Dell XPS 8300 I got as my Christmas present.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Just completed the 6th chapter of portal 2 coop, exceptional game most people will never see the end of. Personal opinion? A true work of art that follows on from the genetic prototype of portal 1... But know this, portal 2 single player was just an extended tutorial compared to the loving design throughout the coop.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Just completed the 6th chapter of portal 2 coop, exceptional game most people will never see the end of. Personal opinion? A true work of art that follows on from the genetic prototype of portal 1... But know this, portal 2 single player was just an extended tutorial compared to the loving design throughout the coop.
    Don't neglect the art appreciation DLC.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Been on/off Burnout Paradise for the last day or two. Got all billboards, all jumps, all smashes (Yes, all 400), found all 120 events and I'm a few wins into the A License. I've noticed that the "better" cars are shit, though. I tried one or two of the Carbon cars (granted for all jumps/boards/smashes) and they're all over the place. Also tried that big van that's practically a tank, and it handles like a stubborn mule.