Page 192 of 1137 FirstFirst ... 92142182190191192193194202242292692 ... LastLast
Results 3,821 to 3,840 of 22726
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    You can play it via emulator i guess,otherwise is he really naked or is it just the name lol :x
    Butt ass naked.

Lesser Hivemind Node Juan Carlo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doodier View Post
    I got bored of Realm of the Mad God after about 13 hours and few clumsy deaths. I am pretty sure I'll get back to it eventually.
    I got bored of it at 12 hours. I unlocked all the characters then realized that killing gods is really, really hard to do without an organized group. So I quit.

I'll maybe go back at some point too.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Carlo View Post
    I got bored of it at 12 hours. I unlocked all the characters then realized that killing gods is really, really hard to do without an organized group. So I quit.

I'll maybe go back at some point too.
    Wow, all the characters? I managed to unlock just about 5 of them. And I didn't even see the Mad God. Those others (like cube god etc.) are "killable" if you happen to have that unbelivable luck of finding a great group of people (which is not often). I think, joining a guild is not a bad idea.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    I just finished Alpha Protocol, and overall, considering I picked it up for something like €3,50 on a sale, I quite liked it. I'm not sure how the choices you're able to make will hold up on a second play-through; I imagine the mechanics behind them will start to show through in that case. There are a lot of rough edges to this game, some more so than others, but it was a decent change of pace from the usual fantasy and (soft) science fiction themes. The story was, for better or worse, quite Jason Bourne-esque.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    The story was, for better or worse, quite Jason Bourne-esque.
    Well, the devs said they were trying for the three JBs: James Bond, Jason Bourne and Jack Bauer.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    I dabbled for a couple of hours in Realm of the Mad God, but what else is there to this game than the minor thrill of walking around for the first time in a big spontaneous group killing enemies and doing quests? The shooting and class system are as shallow as they get, and lag makes actual skillful play almost impossible. Is it really just grinding up gear for score?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Malawi Frontier Guard View Post
    Is it really just grinding up gear for score?
    Aren't most games?
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Not really.

The story was, for better or worse, quite Jason Bourne-esque.
    Depending on your choises. Responce in dialogues, actions and all. I love the way Obsidian handled my douche-Mike run in the dialogues while I still get to be as sneaky as a Garrett in the missions even when he's got a temper. Well, not Garrett but Fisher, maybe.

Lesser Hivemind Node Juan Carlo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doodier View Post
    Wow, all the characters? I managed to unlock just about 5 of them. And I didn't even see the Mad God. Those others (like cube god etc.) are "killable" if you happen to have that unbelivable luck of finding a great group of people (which is not often). I think, joining a guild is not a bad idea.
    It's easy to unlock characters if you look for "trains" (or big groups of people who run the maps in mobs killing monster for experience). You can level a character from 1 to 20 in half an hour doing that. So I'd pretty much do that, die, start a new character, until everyone was unlocked.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Malawi Frontier Guard View Post
    I dabbled for a couple of hours in Realm of the Mad God, but what else is there to this game than the minor thrill of walking around for the first time in a big spontaneous group killing enemies and doing quests? The shooting and class system are as shallow as they get, and lag makes actual skillful play almost impossible. Is it really just grinding up gear for score?
    It's just one of those things that people either seem to find insanely addictive or utterly pointless. I certainly fell into the latter camp (played for about 15 minutes, got bored, moved on to something else) but a lot of folks seem to be wired for this kind of thing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Well, the devs said they were trying for the three JBs: James Bond, Jason Bourne and Jack Bauer.
    I did read that somewhere; the way conversations work seems to reflect that by giving you the choice to be Suave, Professional, Aggressive, Joking etc. It was quite nicely done - and while the things the player character said weren't always satisfactory, the system was at least consistent and never turned an innocent "not now"-dialogue choice into a mean spirited tirade against everything the NPC character stood for.

Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    Depending on your choices. Response in dialogues, actions and all. I love the way Obsidian handled my douche-Mike run in the dialogues while I still get to be as sneaky as a Garrett in the missions even when he's got a temper. Well, not Garrett but Fisher, maybe.
    I think I'll be playing the game again in a while to take a different path through some of the choices. I'm curious to see to which degree the way you go about your business actually matters beyond the obvious 'Save A or do B', but, like I said, also worried that it will expose the mechanics behind the illusion.

Either way, I thought it was a decent game, but perhaps it's failings were more grating to those who paid the full 50 for it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I finally got around to buying and playing Waves (as much praised by folks here) and - well - I hate it to be quite frank. I don't often get to feeling like this about a game - but this really got under my skin.

I make no claim to be a shmup/twin stick wizard but I enjoy seeing how they work and how it would be possible to rack-up enormous scores if I only had a bit more dexterity/patience/whatever - but in this case I don't need to bother because there's FAR FAR too much luck involved here.

Luck? How do I know it's luck?? Because I look at my scores and there's a crap one, crap one, crap one, AMAZING one, crap one, crap one, AMAZING ONE and so on. Of my first 20 games (in the first mode) my highest score (by a factor of 3x) was my 2nd!? Wrong, wrong, wrong - if a game is playing fair, you shouldn't see stuff like that - you should see constant improvement (with the odd dip) - not a random spike/trough thing which is more a sign of luck/circumstance than skill.

Seems to me that far too many deaths down to unavoidable collisions (a function of enemies appearing all over the place and your 'ship' having inertia) and the showpieces (time slow and bomb) are a bit crap and unpredictable in that order (meaning they aren't tipping the balance back towards skill enough).

Time Slow - lovely idea but it slows EVERYTHING down including your (already too slow) firing - which actually means it's only use is in dodging really, really tight situations which (as I've already mentioned) usually doesn't work thanks to the interia you need to build/overcome to change direction and the way enemies jink-around unpredictably.

Bombs - lovely idea but again you never quite know when you're going to get one and it will likely expire almost instantly meaning you'll often end-up cornered and dead before it triggers or miles from anything when it does. The odd time you get a sequence of bombs going is great (and results in huge scores) but it feels more like chance than skill.

Then there's the need to hang-back and not shoot stuff until there's lots of it - other games do this only here it takes ages!! In a time-limited game I'm spending 10,15 even 20 seconds doing nothing in the hope it will kick-up a gear and I can PLAY it again!? (IN fairness to it, Scoregasm does this a bit too, but it never felt quite as annoying there).

Finally there's a really minor personal irk but one it really rubs in - writing sarcastic hints and comments and tips is great when done in moderation, but this does it like a 13 year old who's just discovered wanking!! Don't chide me for not using the timeslow every 2 mins and then kill me anyway when I do, don't be sarcastic about my varying scores when it's more a function of a game which really trades skill for luck and generally speaking, use your wit with some subtlety eh?

Don't get me completely wrong here - when it gets more frenetic it can be fun but that doesn't happen anything like often enough and the likelihood is that it will end with one of those deaths you see coming before it happens and can do nothing about

Looks pretty I guess - but otherwise I can do without seeing it ever, ever again.
    Last edited by trjp; 03-03-2012 at 07:08 PM.

ROTMG is essentially an action game. I don't think of it as an MMO or action-rpg because it has so little resource management. It's more like playing Gauntlet with 85 players at a time. They could even replace the loot collecting with "touch this drop to powerup" items and remove leveling to improve the pacing IMHO. Unfortunately it has some lag and very bad performance issues, which hurt it quite a lot due to the permadeath design. I've gotten all but 3 classes to lv20 and it's still an enjoyable diversion.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    I just finished Alpha Protocol, and overall, considering I picked it up for something like €3,50 on a sale, I quite liked it. I'm not sure how the choices you're able to make will hold up on a second play-through; I imagine the mechanics behind them will start to show through in that case. There are a lot of rough edges to this game, some more so than others, but it was a decent change of pace from the usual fantasy and (soft) science fiction themes. The story was, for better or worse, quite Jason Bourne-esque.
    they hold up quite nicely. seeing different responses, making friends and enemies out of people who were your enemies or friends before... changes storyline quite nicely. do recommend second playthrough with different style, different weapons and choose your starting mission (after arabia) in different location. it will change few stuff.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Always reserve one playthrough for an evil Thorton. Being a psychopathic asshole never felt so good.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Always reserve one playthrough for an evil Thorton. Being a psychopathic asshole never felt so good.
    i actually felt really bad for that russian in a moscow bar when choosing the evil options. Too much assholism for me to swallow and had to reload.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    I'm not sure how the choices you're able to make will hold up on a second play-through; I imagine the mechanics behind them will start to show through in that case.
    You can bounce between hubs once you finish Saudi Arabia. I never realised this in my first playthrough. It makes things more interesting.

I restarted White Gold. It's like Deus Ex, Stalker and Far Cry rolled together in one very crazy game. I'm having a lot of fun snorting cocaine and making life worse for everyone. It's so much more than the sum of its parts... everything is rubbish when taken separately but the overall package is very fun and compelling. And the writing is hilarious.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Since Payday is free this weekend I decided to give it a try with a friend and quite enjoy it so far.

I tried Payday as well and from what little I've played, it seems like a good little multiplayer nugget. I really enjoy the constant stream of objectives to pay attention to as well. Only problem is that, as usual, co-op gaming with pubs is sheer hell and I don't think I can drum enough interest among my usual co-op buddies to give the game a go this late to the weekend, so doubtful I'll get it.

I haven't really played much anything recently: ME3 is lurking right on the horizon and I don't really want to start any other games in case I don't get around finishing them before ME3 hits. This weekend I've been spending time with Killing Floor with a friend and while not free from flaws and possible longevity issues, I'm quite enjoying it.
    Give me steam and how you feel to make it real.