Page 195 of 1241 FirstFirst ... 951451851931941951961972052452956951195 ... LastLast
Results 3,881 to 3,900 of 24801
    Lesser Hivemind Node Juan Carlo's Avatar
    I had a replay of the entire ME series about a year ago, but I quit once I got to the final boss in ME 2. I suppose I need to finish it now just so I have a save game to import, however I really hated that boss. So I'm not really looking forward to it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I played Nier and sorta liked it - the writing is decent and the combat is 'different' BUT it kinda killed the fun for me when it insisted on rinsing dungeons to death multiple times and making me talk to every single person in the whole damned town to find out WTF I was supposed to do next...

It's dead cheap tho (I think I got a preowned copy for 5) and worth a look IMO

More Tribes for the Tribes god over here. I love it to death, but it's a bit buggy/unstable for me, and makes my GPU shoot up to crazy temperatures no other game does. I do wish Hi-Rez would be a bit faster at putting out patches, but I guess I'm spoiled by Valve's crack team of patchers for TF2 and Riot's for LoL.

I am Playing Resident Evil 4 on my Pc.It's amazing soundtrack and graphic......I liked horror video games...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Deathsmiles for Xbox came in the mail yesterday, so I've been playing that. I have no idea how the item system works and I hate bullet hells, but I'm still having quite a bit of fun.

Dying constantly.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    What was the last PC game you played, sabrage?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Malawi Frontier Guard View Post
    What was the last PC game you played, sabrage?
    League of Legends, today. But that's not particularly interesting to talk about.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    So, let me talk about Red Faction: Armageddon.

It's so generic it provokes indifference a lot of the time. Yet that's a really casual dismissal of a game that is incredibly well polished for doing nothing outstanding. My save issues aside (as mentioned earlier, how manual saving seems to be completely defunct) I rather enjoyed this romp through blowing-things-up town. I did find a few things annoying, such as enemy placements that at times felt simply unfair as opposed to challenging, whilst the rest of the time it was a walk through easy-town, despite playing on the hardest difficulty. At least that's what it felt like after upgrading yourself. By the end, you're some sort of better-than-tank super-human capable of unleashing unlimited firing rocket launchers (FUN!) and being able to withstand melee attacks from giant alien bug things. The beginning felt like quite the slog . Checkpointing also seems a bit blergh, at best description. Sometimes it's favourable, other times you're cursing at the game for being mean.

The actual shooting is generally speaking quite satisfying, good considering you're doing that for a lot of the time, and the general destruction and rebuilding mechanics work really, really well. It's just such a shame it's all capped to a cave for the majority of the time. This is further compounded in the fact that I very rarely felt anything for any of the characters, taken to its logical extreme when I couldn't tell if The Black Sergeant was homage, irony or fully intended to be that wooden. At least with Halo, The Black Sergeant is his own character, own mythos, while remaining full homage to Aliens. This was just "Oh come on, did he just say that line?"

The variety of weapons is good, although I found myself sticking to the same few once I'd found my rhythm (and the ability to periodically have unlimited ammo). The magnet gun is obviously a particular stand-out, allowing you to full-on break the game when you can throw large enemies, that would take bucket loads of ammo to kill, into 'bottomless' pits. It's a fairly decent length, but probably over-stays its welcome a little. It's at its best though when you're given a vehicle and just told to go crazy. There's still a screw-up here where in one instance you're given a vehicle that is really fragile to the extent you really need to duck into cover regularly. It seems really counter-intuitive to the rest of the vehicle sections.

The best part of the game is when you're given a hover-ship and can just unleash all kinds of brilliant hell with little opposition. It's no surprise that the DLC (which is generally well paced and for what it's worth, better done than the main game) starts off with you in this hover-ship, immediately gives you a tank afterwards and then you get into the TPS section, where you're given some coolish weapons.

What I'm saying is, RF:A is not a bad game, but it's not a great one. It sits, happily, perching on mediocrity, with a few things in its favour and a few against it. It also has a massive plot hole for an ending. Ah well. At least the game is very pretty.
    Last edited by The JG Man; 06-03-2012 at 06:33 PM.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jackaroda View Post
    I am Playing Resident Evil 4 on my Pc.It's amazing soundtrack and graphic......I liked horror video games...

I wouldn't call RE4 a horror game,but its quite enjoyable as shooter,i must admit :D

Right now i'm playing The Suffering.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Finally got the suffering working? What did that take?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    ME3. Using the full playthrough save I did of ME1 and 2 back in September. My ears hurt from having headphones on for seven hours.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Just finished Arkham City including all side quests (except the Riddler stuff. Can't be arsed with all that). Brilliant game. May have usurped Skyrim as my GOTY. The game was dripping with atmosphere and I love the combat. I can see me dipping into the combat challenges for a long time to come. In fact, I think I preferred Catwoman's fighting style. I hope she gets her own spin-off. Could be great fun.

Also, having that fantastic musical score kick in towards the games climax made the finale even more epic. Can't wait to see what Rocksteady come up with next.

Me play Da Dork Spiyar. Me kill gobnlinz an mushroomz in first flor. now in sekund flor. me kill mor pierits and also foun koinz. flying koinz kill Cedric agin!! ME ANGRY! VOON SMASHSMASHSMAH!!!! an magik. Di end.

Oh, sorry. I'm just trying to let off some steam after the damn coins kept harassing my party in the DS. So, still in a PC gaming hiatus. And still playing nothing from the PC :(

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Finally got the suffering working? What did that take?

A simple crack.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I am playing Minecraft, but the problem I have with the game is that I can never think of what to build. I made a house on a hill with a huge man-made causeway leading up to it, designed so that no monsters can get near (in theory spiders can climb over the gate, but they never do). Now I don't know what to do. Maybe I could build some giant cannons overlooking the sea on the side of my house.

What do people think I should build?

Quote Originally Posted by NathanH View Post
    What do people think I should build?
    Take advantage of the new world height and build a big tower for your house. I love building lookout towers (and I don't mean just a single-block column, but a proper tower with stairs and suchlike) -- I find places with neat scenery and just throw one up so I can enjoy the view.

-------

I have a bunch of AAA games waiting for me to play them but I cannot tear myself away from Dredmor.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Jams O'Donnell View Post
    Take advantage of the new world height and build a big tower for your house. I love building lookout towers (and I don't mean just a single-block column, but a proper tower with stairs and suchlike) -- I find places with neat scenery and just throw one up so I can enjoy the view.
    Ooh, my house in in the middle of a mountain region, so I could find the highest mountain and build a tower-observatory on top. I can import some snow from the nearby snow region and make the ascent to the observatory an arduous route through the snow, like the visit to the Greybeard castle in Skyrim. Game on, game on.

Usually when I'm out of ideas, I just get a boat or otherwise haul ass and get out and about exploring. Another source of ideas is the minecraft wiki, although that depends a lot on how advanced a player you are. I am not one so it works for me.

Finished Gemini Rue, overall a good game although I found the ending a bit middling. The game draws a lot of its power from the musical score that, except for a couple homages to you know what film (forgetting that one is useful to fully enjoy the twists), is modeled after the style of Thomas Newtwon, and the voice acting which for the most part I found of excellent quality: the weakest part is probably the beginning where there are some timing issues. Generally, the beginning of the game appears to be the part with the most glitches. I'm thinking about replaying this one with dev commentary on.

Also got to the bottom of Lume. The art style is certainly something and it's pretty obvious a lot of work went into it. The gameplay though? it's more of a hidden object game rather than a PnC proper, which is not exactly my cup of tea, although I enjoy playing some of the better made ones occasionally. This one didn't really drag me in and the puzzles bored me pretty quickly, ended up relying on a walkthrough pretty heavily.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    I'm looking at New Vegas a little more favourably now that I'm approaching the end of the game, which can be a game in itself. In my bid for world domination I've begun systematically removing factions who could threaten my rule, often blackmailing other people into taking all the actual risks. Mwhaha.

Serious Sam 3 in coop is a blast. Sadly the Kleer are annoying as hell. The game would be much better with less of them.