Page 197 of 1235 FirstFirst ... 971471871951961971981992072472976971197 ... LastLast
Results 3,921 to 3,940 of 24681
    I know next to nothing about Magic: The Gathering, but after stumbling across some entertaining videos on Youtube and playing the demo, I decided to shell out for Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012. Quite fun so far, even though I am slowly getting to grips with the rules.

Still playing Chronicles of Riddick (EFBB), but I'm losing interest in it a bit. The melee combat doesn't seem to have any real strategy apart from 'interrupt your oppenent's animation to win' and the shooting is pretty average. Also, I don't like the way the stealth is restricted by the general linearity of the levels.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by airtekh View Post
    I know next to nothing about Magic: The Gathering, but after stumbling across some entertaining videos on Youtube and playing the demo, I decided to shell out for Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012. Quite fun so far, even though I am slowly getting to grips with the rules.
    It's not as clear as it could be. In the campaign mode there's challenges every so often which I recommend you do, as they help you get your head around the more bizarre aspects.

Lesser Hivemind Node agentorange's Avatar
    My PC is down and out until I get a new CPU, so I have decided to replay MGS3: On European Extreme Mode! EEM means if you get seen by the enemy it is game over (you don't have to restart the game, it's just the same as dying). So far I have been managing to sneak excellently, making use of some conveniently placed bee hives. I did manage to nearly get killed by a crocodile however.

Picked up SBK 2011 on a whim the other day, because I had $5 trade-in value at GMG and $10 in a PayPal account.

My only previous motorbike game was The Cycles:

So I wasn't really sure what to expect. But I'm really enjoying it! I'm playing on 'full simulation' mode, as well as manual gears and rider position, and right now I'm having a lot of fun ascending the learning curve.

The X360 controller works pretty well with it, though I'm really bad at subtle thumbstick control and tend to use them almost like digital buttons.

I find that car racing games can be a bit frustrating with the pad, because it seems like such a poor substitute for a wheel. But setting up my wheel was always such a hassle (it didn't even fit on my desk properly, I had to use some clamps and a block of wood), and I'm also genuinely worried that I could develop dangerous driving instincts that way. So a motorbike game was a nice compromise, and like I said, this one is pretty well-suited to a gamepad.

I'm wondering how it would work with a proper joystick though -- do people play motorbike games that way? It seems like that would be the most appropriate control method, barring some crazy arcade-style setup.
    Last edited by MD!; 09-03-2012 at 01:53 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Quick question: How playable is Assassins Creed: Revelations using a keyboard? I forgot to bring my pad with me and want something to play while I wait for Mass Effect to arrive.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Woundedbum View Post
    Quick question: How playable is Assassins Creed: Revelations using a keyboard? I forgot to bring my pad with me and want something to play while I wait for Mass Effect to arrive.
    Personally I think all the AC games play fine with KB/mouse. Some things are easier and some things more difficult (there's a lot to be said for being able to run in a straight line!), and on balance I tend to think the controller has the slight edge, but it's slight and I don't think you'll have any trouble. I played the entire first game on KB/M and never gave it a second thought. In ACR's case, I keep having to switch to KB/M for the Desmond special stages anyway (which are first person, for some reason).

Excellent, thanks. I probably will only play for an hour or too, so even if it is trick it's not the end of the world.

I've been playing a couple of rounds of Quake Live every night for the past week or two, spurred on by someone here mentioning the game in passing and me remembering that I'd made an account three or four years ago after reading a preview in PC Gamer and oh hello there are you still reading this I'm just reminiscing is all. Anyway, I've discovered that I'm mildly sorta kinda decent at the game and that The Longest Yard is the greatest multiplayer map I never knew about.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Oak View Post
    I've been playing a couple of rounds of Quake Live every night for the past week or two, spurred on by someone here mentioning the game in passing and me remembering that I'd made an account three or four years ago after reading a preview in PC Gamer and oh hello there are you still reading this I'm just reminiscing is all. Anyway, I've discovered that I'm mildly sorta kinda decent at the game and that The Longest Yard is the greatest multiplayer map I never knew about.
    I second that, The Longest Yard is indeed pretty awesome and fun to play. Unfortunately I forgot my Quake ID&PW so I'll have to make a new one or stay away from it because it really is a time-eater.

Currently i am playing Battlefield 3.

Right now I 'm playing "Cross of the Dutchman" Game.Triangle studio presented a remarkable action piece called “Cross of the Dutchman”. The main premise of the game is that you play the role of a warrior-pirate. You’ll liberate Frisia and continue with your trip on Western Europe. Anyway, I don’t want to tell you the while story as you won’t experience the game at its fullest.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Mass Effect 3.. Okay technically my fiancée has been playing it but I'm sure it will be my turn any day now.

While I wait I am tucking into some Wii titles I hoovered from Game's "not going out of business honest" sale. £2 each for Pikmin (Wii) , Battalion Wars 2 (Wii) and Mario Strikers (Jaguar).
    But of the games its Battalion Wars 2 which has me entranced, I keep imagining it as a pc game with 16 or so player multiplayer and lots of minions units and the ability to launch devastating ambushes with hotkeyed groups and voip. Instead its a linear march of-
    10:select all, (except specifically vulnerable units)
    20:attack nearest
    30:goto10
    And while its satisfying to bring down a bomber with an AA gun I can't help but feel the short lock on and engagement ranges remove any strategy or sense of cover or digging in.

Still, I'm not far on and it's fun. It's actually alot like a weird hybrid of sacrifice and mass effect, that is high praise.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 09-03-2012 at 12:04 PM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Replaying Assassin's Creed II, I had completed a substantial portion of the game the first time round until Ubi-DRM derped on my saves.

I'm thinking of getting the disc version of Battlefield 3 mainly cause I don't want to stress my badnwidth any further after downloading ME3 and because it's cheaper than the digital version or is there an advantage to getting the online version?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I finally got around to trying DCUO - the last time I tried the bloody thing wouldn't even launch but this time it seems to work.

Initial impression - there's more game in the character creator than the game!?!?

Seriously tho - combat seems poor, lots of random battering of things - no feel or weight to attacks/weapons - game appears to be full of people will massive brain damage too??

Do I continue? :)

Quote Originally Posted by Shane View Post
    Replaying Assassin's Creed II, I had completed a substantial portion of the game the first time round until Ubi-DRM derped on my saves.

I'm thinking of getting the disc version of Battlefield 3 mainly cause I don't want to stress my badnwidth any further after downloading ME3 and because it's cheaper than the digital version or is there an advantage to getting the online version?
    Buy a disc if you get a fair price, it activates on origin anyway.
    If you buy a deluxe retail you even get the karkand(BF2 maps) things thrown in I think.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    If you buy a deluxe retail you even get the karkand(BF2 maps) things thrown in I think.
    If you can even manage to get one, that is.

Network Hub
    KoR: Amalur looks too much like Fable imho, with all the NPCs with their huge moustaches..but the combat system is pretty smooth. Although I do think they could have done much better on the UI, which is Skyrim-ish at best. I need something to do, while waiting for my shiny ME3 copy to arrive.

I was just about to come here and complain how I couldn't log into Origin and how everything EA related sucks, but then...I realised I had capslock on. D'oh.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I just uninstalled The Suffering,god damn game aint scary neither challenging on hard. And it also looks like poo... Now i'm again on my quest,for something good to play :3

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    I just uninstalled The Suffering,god damn game aint scary neither challenging on hard. And it also looks like poo... Now i'm again on my quest,for something good to play :3
    What are your parameters?