Page 198 of 1190 FirstFirst ... 98148188196197198199200208248298698 ... LastLast
Results 3,941 to 3,960 of 23785
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Mario Kart 64 with a friend.

She annihilated me. As in, there wasn't even a contest. She even ripped me a new one on Battle mode. At least I won Rainbow Road.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    What are your parameters?

Well i'm in this mood for about good week,so what i want is a good survival game. I want a game which can make feel vulnerable,isolated,under-armed,depressed. But it needs good gameplay and decent graphics. I don't mind if its TPS or FPS,one or another is good with me. Now the problem is also that i'm still on my backup computer with 2004 hardware so its kinda hard to find anything like that. For example STALER games fits perfectly in what am i looking for,but i can't play them because of shitty computer -.-

I just remembered,i always wanted to try out new Alone In Dark game. I know it got bashed allot but one guy who writes reviews in my country said so many good things about the game,and i really agree with him in majority of times,oh well need to wait for the time when i dix better rig.
    Last edited by DaftPunk; 09-03-2012 at 11:03 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Well i'm in this mood for about good week,so what i want is a good survival game. I want a game which can make feel vulnerable,isolated,under-armed,depressed. But it needs good gameplay and decent graphics. I don't mind if its TPS or FPS,one or another is good with me. Now the problem is also that i'm still on my backup computer with 2004 hardware so its kinda hard to find anything like that. For example STALER games fits perfectly in what am i looking for,but i can't play them because of shitty computer -.-

I just remembered,i always wanted to try out new Alone In Dark game. I know it got bashed allot but one guy who writes reviews in my country said so many good things about the game,and i really agree with him in majority of times,oh well need to wait for the time when i dix better rig.
    Ever tried FarCry 2 on the hardest difficulty level? It's a love-or-hate game but has a number of the things you seem to be looking for. It is a very good looking game but has a very solid engine so may well scale to your system.

Or if you want a shot-in-the-dark, try Capsized

Obscure Node
    Scourge of War and Civ 5.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus squirrel's Avatar
    Almost see the ending of Syndicate. You mates are right. This is a good yet too short game. Recommend buying this only at bargain price, I say about USD 25. But hey, the actions are super cool.

In singleplayer, however I dont like the fact waves of enemies will keep charging you at the very same position before you can proceed after fending them off. Such is not an effort to make the game more challenging. Obviously it's for drawing attention from the shortcoming that the game world in this game is rather small, and they try to prolong the gameplay.

And I must comment that the AI is rather advanced comparing to other shooters' campaigns. Sentries would take cover and throw grenade at right moment. What's deeply impressing me is that sentries jumping out from cover, while sighting you, will really jump back to cover when they can, in stead of just standing there to shoot like a superman in other shooters (and of course, be knocked down in no second). I always appreciate such moves like I am playing competitive multiplayer.

Oh, and almost forgot Alan Wake. I put it aside after playing Syndicate, and will be back to it after finishing Syndicate. Alan Wake has a great story, but the gameplay is not.
    Last edited by squirrel; 10-03-2012 at 05:05 AM.

ME3. Absolutely loving it. So many great moments already. I don't really have any desire to talk about it in-depth yet but I'm so far I'm very, very pleased. I did get hit by the bug that stops Shep's face from being imported, but I managed to replicate it pretty well.

Have to say the worries of the multiplayer massively hindering the singleplayer stuff are really overblown, I've not touched the multiplayer at all and just by playing in a typically completionist fashion my readiness meter is already well above the halfway mark in happy green. There's no tedious grind involved either as some have said, the planet scanning thing that most of the miniature readiness-increasing quests use is quick and painless.

But yeah. Much love.
    Give me steam and how you feel to make it real.

Obscure Node
    I'm playing freshly released Wakfu MMORPG

Love it.

Maybe a little too much of farming / grinding.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    Not playing anything. After 210 hours of Skyrim I've been spending a while trying to figure out what I felt like playing and finally decided on replaying Space Pirates and Zombies, but then the upcoming update was announced, so it makes sense to wait for that.

So I still don't know what to play. It is a horrible state of affairs. Somewhat.

Network Hub
    Titan Quest for the first time. So far so good, but there are so many skills I can't choose which I want! Does anyone know approximately how long is the main quest line? I have the datadisc too.

All the Beta hype for GW2 has got me back playing the original Guild Wars. I'm filling my hall of monuments with stuff so I can start GW2 with a nice title and a set of equipment for my elementalist. I can't be bothered to grind, so I'll stop after 20/30 which gives me plenty of stuff.

Obscure Node
    Playing Dead Space 2. Played the first one when it was still new, but the 2nd one kinda just 'zooped' past me. Was busy with work I guess. Anyway, now I'm playing it and loving it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    New Vegas credits are rolling. Am very annoyed how anything I chose to ignore got no ending at all. Did the Brotherhood stagnate and die under their leader's tentative rule? Did the Great Khans ever stop getting kicked around? Just because I told Yes Man to leave them alone and didn't finish a massive questline, doesn't mean I wasn't interested in their fate. The way this plays out you'd think they vanished off the face of the earth.

Still, did a better job than Fallout 3.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I just forced myself to go through first Silent Hill,will post screenies later.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Deary me.

Origin hasn't crashed my computer, sold my soul to the devil, massacred an orphanage, or in any way been a problem to use. The browser is serviceable, it boots up quickly and it downloads games quicker than Steam does (for me at least.) It's almost as if, and I hate to say it, people were overreacting.

Played through Arkham City, loved it, only 44% complete though so Iīll come back to it someday.

Now playing Warhammer 40 000 Sapce Marine, pretty meh thus far, which is about an 1h in. Is the dialogue supposed to be this corny, or maybe itīs just me that I canīt take sapce orcs that seriously, especially after digging through the Lord of the Rings films and audiobooks.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by renhoelder View Post
    Played through Arkham City, loved it, only 44% complete though so Iīll come back to it someday.

Now playing Warhammer 40 000 Sapce Marine, pretty meh thus far, which is about an 1h in. Is the dialogue supposed to be this corny, or maybe itīs just me that I canīt take sapce orcs that seriously, especially after digging through the Lord of the Rings films and audiobooks.
    The problem is assuming orks are there to be taken seriously, and not as a joke. 40k is very tongue in cheek. The dialogue is meant to be corny, the orks are meant to be stupid.

Good to know, this is my first encounter with the whole Warhammer 40 000 franchise, from which this game is somewhat of a deviation I understand, since the others in the series are strategy, so I was unsure how to take this universe :)

Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    I just forced myself to go through first Silent Hill,will post screenies later.
    Never got to play the 1st one. Played the 2nd one and, my god, I still get shivers down my spine thinking about the experience. I wasn't that familiar with the world of SH back when I play SH2 for the first time, and the only other horror game I played and finished before trying out SH2 was Resident Evil 2.

Now I might just try and find myself a copy of the 1st one. Wonder if it's available for the PC.... If it is, here's to hoping I can find it in a bargain bin somewhere.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    PS1 only, I'm afraid. Easily emulated though, of course.

Network Hub
    Still plucking away at Empire. Bloody hell its got interesting. I managed to forge a temporary alliance with Prussia in exchange for some tech, and allowing both of us to focus on destroying Austria. Within 3 years they only had one region left, after which Prussia restarted the war with me. In a valiant fight between 240 linemen (plus the rubbish local reinforcements) and about 1500 Prussian troops with lots of cannon I pushed them back. But another Prussian army is forming on the horizon and my best general is slowly making his way over from Ukraine (about 2 more turns away).

Courland has remained intact, if only because I can only afford 3 standing armies, all of which are tied up either defending or taking over Austria.

As a side note, started on Stacking. Pretty dam good. Quirky puzzle solving as the WIT says.