Page 200 of 1258 FirstFirst ... 1001501901981992002012022102503007001200 ... LastLast
Results 3,981 to 4,000 of 25158
    Lesser Hivemind Node NecroKnight's Avatar
    Stacking, a fine game by Double Fine.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Spot of Dungeon Master 2. I love DOSBox, if only Windows 95 games were so easy to run.
    I much preferred both the original and Chaos Strikes Back.

Obscure Node
    I'm Living in the past. Just about to beat x-com for the first time and playing through Baldur's Gate with 2 friends. I will say this, Multi-player Baldur's gate with no pausing is a riot.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    My fiancée is much further ahead than me in Mass effect 3,we have a no spoilers policy but she told me this.
    The end has annoyed her so much she doesn't want to finish the game, what the crap happened? *
    *don't actually tell me.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Similar's Avatar
    After installing Alpha Protocol, Portal, UFO: Enemy Unknown and Dark Messiah of Might and Magic and not really feeling like playing any of them, I ended up starting another replay of Crysis: Warhead. I don't know if I just didn't notice it the other times or if it's because I'm playing on another system, but it has a good number of glitches.
    And it's getting rather annoying it tries to install Gamespy every time I start it too.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    The end has annoyed her so much she doesn't want to finish the game, what the crap happened? *
    *don't actually tell me.
    With the same caveat that I don't want any details, I've heard this complaint a lot all over the internet. I'm hoping it's just a "down" ending (which would be appropriate, to my thinking). If it's something worse than that, ie something inane, cheesy, or otherwise unworthy of the plot/characters, that would be... bad.

Activated Node
    Most people complaining about the ME3 ending are somewhat stupid, I'd say, as they seem to have missed the portion directly after the 'ending' where it would be quite clear that the 'ending' didn't matter in the first place; BUT, only being capable to take things at face value it kinda goes over their heads. It's sort of like telling a joke, and to get the joke you have to accept one interpretation on the meaning of the words, but then you go on to argue that it could mean something different or whatever, in short just being a humourless dickhead. It's a bit like that here too.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    That's a very interesting interpretation.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by redspielened View Post
    Most people complaining about the ME3 ending are somewhat stupid.[...] In short just being a humourless dickhead
    Thanks, I'll tell that to my fiancée.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Thanks, I'll tell that to my fiancée.
    Let us know how it goes!

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Just completed stacking.

Amazingly charming and some nice puzzles even if the difficulty is generally in the easy range (with a few of the puzzles being a bit old school adventurer obscure if you're going to be a completionist).

Whole heartedly recommended to anyone curious in it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Attached Images Attached Images

Lesser Hivemind Node squareking's Avatar
    ^ good choice!
    steam

I'm playing The Binding of Isaac which is fantastic, just so much to discover and it's delightfully sadistic about it all too. I do worry sometimes about how terrible I am however and if i'll ever manage to beat mum.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squareking View Post
    ^ good choice!
    I partially blame you for the fact that I have a Saturn plugged into my TV right now.

So after bouncing around a good half dozen RPGs, I'm getting on with Severance. Definitely more my pace than wandering around towns and talking to one-dimensional NPCs.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    I finished Far Cry 2. I've been playing it on and off since launch and restarted it a couple of times. This is the first time I finished it. The final section was one of the most interesting in the game - it's actually a third, smaller map with no vehicles and it's linear but wide (sort of like the original Far Cry).

I think I'll play it one more time until September. It's such a beautiful, atmospheric game and it provides thrills unmatched by any game. It's nice that it responds to how you play: the harder you push, the harder it pushes back. You can play it as a relaxing sniper holiday or as balls-to-the-wall Rambo 2 shooter.

At one point I escaped from a prison with only a machete. I Forrest Gumped my way through the jungle in the most intense gaming moment I had this year. It was fucking insane - trying to pull bullets out of my arm, or pick up weapons from the ground, having them jam or break, enemies everywhere, explosions everywhere, fires, jeeps, exploding ammo, accidents, road kills, boat chases... And it only lasted about 10 minutes. This game is unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    I finished Far Cry 2.
    Ah, yes. The game that let's you become a badass Rambo-like or a sneaky bastard if you wanted and puts you in some of the most beautiful (albeit, brown and bloom) settings in gaming. Like you said, unbelievable. And awesome. And someone actually bothered to finish the main missions? IMPOSSIBRU!

I kid, I kid. I'm still trying to get it done and I'm still at 64% completetion, I think. Maybe, I just love blowing shit up at the guard posts, do assassination missions and explore the whole country to bother about finishing the main objective. Plus, the game ends when I do.

Network Hub
    Just finished ME3. Superb game, though I wish I could take a forget-me-now and wouldn't have to remember that ending.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    With the same caveat that I don't want any details, I've heard this complaint a lot all over the internet. I'm hoping it's just a "down" ending (which would be appropriate, to my thinking). If it's something worse than that, ie something inane, cheesy, or otherwise unworthy of the plot/characters, that would be... bad.
    Without going into details, it's not just because it's a 'down' ending.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    At one point I escaped from a prison with only a machete. I Forrest Gumped my way through the jungle in the most intense gaming moment I had this year. It was fucking insane - trying to pull bullets out of my arm, or pick up weapons from the ground, having them jam or break, enemies everywhere, explosions everywhere, fires, jeeps, exploding ammo, accidents, road kills, boat chases... And it only lasted about 10 minutes. This game is unbelievable.
    It's the parts like that which made the game and have ruined me for any other shooter. The game managed to create these unscripted sequences which felt more tense and alive than any other FPS, and it did it regularly. There's nothing quite like meticulously planning how you're going to take out a camp and then having that plan go completely tits-up.