Page 202 of 1239 FirstFirst ... 1021521922002012022032042122523027021202 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,040 of 24761
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Its like all of you have at least one daughter to feel so violated by me saying that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    No, it's just - and forgive my bluntness here - your slightly wobbly grasp of English makes it hard to tell if you're joking, and judging by your post at the top, it makes it hard for you to tell when we're joking.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Test Drive Unlimited 2
    Hour later: Why the fuck are all these shoes with heels?
    Please, if you manage to, at any point in the game, in any store anywhere, even if it's in the middle of a goddamn volcano, find some shoes without heels, PLEASE tell me. I f'ing hate heels.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Now that all of you have thoroughly buried any chuckles we could have gotten from this exchange, can we talk about what games we're playing?

ME3 multiplayer. Vanguards piss me off.

Lemme steal all your kills and block your shot and die in the most inconvenient place possible and bitch when you don't rez me

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Please, if you manage to, at any point in the game, in any store anywhere, even if it's in the middle of a goddamn volcano, find some shoes without heels, PLEASE tell me. I f'ing hate heels.
    Is there any point in the game where you're walking with your own two feet?
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Its like all of you have at least one daughter to feel so violated by me saying that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    No, it's just - and forgive my bluntness here - your slightly wobbly grasp of English makes it hard to tell if you're joking, and judging by your post at the top, it makes it hard for you to tell when we're joking.
    Was the original statement meant as:
    'I want to go back and fuck my daughter'
    or
    'I want to go back, fuck finding my daughter'
    As I'm really confused here.

I've made a start on Fallout: New Vegas. I quite enjoyed Fallout 3 when I played it last year, so hopefully New Vegas is more of that.

I'm also still playing Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012. Because I know bugger all about Magic: The Gathering, I have no idea if it's representive of the actual card game; but it is really fun to play.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    or

I never expected to see people bash my english x) It was meant as fuck finding my daughter,i just want to get out of this creepy place.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    or
    Thanks for explaining the joke!

</sarcasm>
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    I never expected to see people bash my english x) It was meant as fuck finding my daughter,i just want to get out of this creepy place.
    Your English wasn't really at fault, it was just a sentence which didn't translate well to the written medium.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Thanks for explaining the joke!

</sarcasm>
    For you, anything.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by airtekh View Post
    I've made a start on Fallout: New Vegas. I quite enjoyed Fallout 3 when I played it last year, so hopefully New Vegas is more of that.

I'm also still playing Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012. Because I know bugger all about Magic: The Gathering, I have no idea if it's representive of the actual card game; but it is really fun to play.
    New Vegas is similar enough to Fallout 3 that you should enjoy it, and different enough to be fresh. It's the a pretty good example of how to do a sequel/spinoff.

Planeswalkers is, from my limited experience of real Magic, pretty representative (although I never could get decks as interesting without paying far too much). It gets some rules wrong, but they are mostly obscure rules that I wouldn't get right anyway. The only one that is obviously wrong and bad is the Call to the Grave bug. The auto-tapping can be a pain for a couple of decks, though. The removal of the end step removes some tricks too.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Will do. Chances are I won't, at least on Ibiza.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Is there any point in the game where you're walking with your own two feet?
    Sort of. You walk around buildings, and there are "scenes" where you're shown walking. But it's largely a matter of principle.

Lesser Hivemind Node TailSwallower's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by airtekh View Post
    Even though I think New Vegas is better than Fallout 3 in every conceivable way, I've still had trouble getting stuck into it as much as I got stuck into Fallout 3, simply because mechanically it's basically the same game. I was giving it another proper go, but I'm stuck on my netbook now until late this year, so it will have to wait (along with approximately 2/3 of my backlog).
    weekendwarrio.rs - We've got more games than time...

Obscure Node
    APB
    BF3
    Minecraft

Stacking. It's soooo charming

I'm not actually playing it right now, but I set Wasteland up in Dosbox for later. Is there supposed to be any sound besides bleeps and bloops while walking? Just want to make sure I don't need to tweak the audio (my least favorite thing to do with Dosbox).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Finished Gemini Rue. I love that feeling when the credits hit. It felt like a complete experience, where as most games don't end so much as stop.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodeen View Post
    I'm not actually playing it right now, but I set Wasteland up in Dosbox for later. Is there supposed to be any sound besides bleeps and bloops while walking? Just want to make sure I don't need to tweak the audio (my least favorite thing to do with Dosbox).
    No music. In the 80s very few cRPGs had music. The Ultima series was the main player back then, as Ultima III (1983) and onwards had full soundtracks, with every type of location and situation having their own tracks (combat, shopping, towns, villages, dungeons etc). Other than the Ultima series... The Bard's Tale had a few tracks that your bard (if you had one) could play to buff your party, but they were nothing but 20 second loops. The 80s Gold Box games (Pool of Radiance and Curse of the Azure Bonds) had music at the start of the game, but nothing in game. I remember Dragon Wars having music in Purgatory at least. It was very atmospheric but rather repetitive.

Just play the Fallout music in the background or something. That's what I'd do.
    Last edited by Wizardry; 14-03-2012 at 11:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wizardry View Post
    Snip
    Great, thanks! I don't even mind the lack of music, just wanted to make sure Dosbox wasn't glitching out.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    After forgetting the last 30 minutes of Mass Effect 3, I've decided to pick back up SimCity 4 after the recent announcement of a new game in the series. I'm trying to finally make something worthwhile as opposed to target practice for meteors this time around.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    I got as far as reading the manual for Catherine, but Severance/Blade of Darkness crossed my mind so now of course I'm playing that instead.

I'm kind of trying to see how far I can get without saving.
    Last edited by sabrage; 15-03-2012 at 06:05 AM.