Page 204 of 1205 FirstFirst ... 1041541942022032042052062142543047041204 ... LastLast
Results 4,061 to 4,080 of 24092
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    is it something other than being a brickbreaker?
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    For the most part yes, but you get a little town to run around in where you can listen to one-liners from villagers and donate your money to rebuild their houses.

I really have no idea what I'm playing at the moment.

Recently installed System Shock 2 because I got the random interest to play it again, so I've been twiddling around with that. I'm a fairly late comer to the game and for me time's chewed away some of its potential magic but still highly enjoyable. That said, for some reason I've not got as much interest towards it as I thought I had when I installed it.

Then I bought the new Indie Royale bundle for Hard Reset and installed that this morning. Seems fine, although the controls feel a bit off and I'm really not happy with the lack of quicksave considering how challenging the game can be even on normal. Enjoyable, but lacking the major interest to really get into it as well.

On the back of my mind I somewhat feel like starting a whole new Shepard and start his story with ME1 as well. So far not done so yet but it's been on my mind for a few weeks now and I might just end up installing ME soon.

Speaking of ME, ME3 multiplayer is also something I've been spending time with recently, although not as obsessively as at first. Its slightly limited scope brought up on the RPS WIT (small number of stages, three enemy types) is starting to rear its head up in a rather unwelcome fashion but whenever I find it gets a bit less interesting I'll simply switch a class and find a whole new gameplay style to enjoy.

In short, kinda drifting between things at the moment.
    Give me steam and how you feel to make it real.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flint View Post
    Recently installed System Shock 2 because I got the random interest to play it again, so I've been twiddling around with that. I'm a fairly late comer to the game and for me time's chewed away some of its potential magic but still highly enjoyable. That said, for some reason I've not got as much interest towards it as I thought I had when I installed it.
    Did it take much effort to get it working? I've had a lot of trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Did it take much effort to get it working? I've had a lot of trouble.
    Not really. The cinematics do not work, widescreen resolution has to be modded in and there's some occasional twitches but it was a surprisingly hassle-free effort in general.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Been playing some mindless TrackMania 2 to put a stop to my growing disappointment in Mass Effect 3.

It's not as complete as the earlier TrackMania games, which is a bit of a letdown, but it does improve on them in ways that make it fun to play. There is also something great about building your own tracks, refining them a dozen or so times to get them 'just right' - and then forget all about them in favour of a new track! Things haven't changed much since Stunts or Re-Volt in that regard...

Quote Originally Posted by TailSwallower View Post
    Played a couple of hours of NEO Scavenger
    I'd tried to try that as well but gave up immediately because I couldn't get the UI to scale. Either the text is too small or is so badly interpolated that it's hard to read.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    I'd tried to try that as well but gave up immediately because I couldn't get the UI to scale. Either the text is too small or is so badly interpolated that it's hard to read.
    It's quite baffling how many times that (still) happens. It pretty much ruined EVE Online for me, as I could barely play that without sitting mere inches from the monitor.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Just crashed Duels of the Planeswalkers trying to attack for 2853 damage. My laptop now hates me...
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Network Hub
    I've been levelling up and stuff in Blacklight: Retribution, although I do wish it wasn't quite so expensive to permanently own something. Also been on the Team Fortress 2 again.

Obscure Node
    Hopefully it doesn't go against etiquette for one's first post to be something other than an introduction. Anyhow, I've been playing Just Cause 2, a terribly silly game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Oh, Severance... If only they gave you a map. Instead, you gave me a headache.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Syndicate was 50 percent of on Origin and decided to take the plunge, played one co-op match and was not disappointing, nothing great but offers a good time just shooting dudes with friends.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Lesser Hivemind Node Juan Carlo's Avatar
    I just finished "Mass Effect 3." Holy fuck, what an ending. The game as a whole is pretty good, like more or less on the level of the first two (with all their strengths and some of their flaws), but the last 3 hours are something else entirely. Probably one of the better endings to a video game I've ever encountered (of course, I realize everyone's ending might be different, but I did every single side quest in the game, so while I could maybe get a different ending, I'm not sure if I could get a better one).
    Last edited by Juan Carlo; 17-03-2012 at 11:51 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    I didn't liked it because everything is on time. Wish there was a new simpsons game on pc (THe one from 2008).
    Yeah, the constant time trials are a pain. I usually leave missions for later and explore the Simpsons world freely to collect all the goodies. Never before has Springfield been recreated so perfectly. The 2008 game was pretty good too.

Quote Originally Posted by Flint View Post
    Then I bought the new Indie Royale bundle for Hard Reset and installed that this morning. Seems fine, although the controls feel a bit off and I'm really not happy with the lack of quicksave considering how challenging the game can be even on normal. Enjoyable, but lacking the major interest to really get into it as well.
    Hard Reset is really hard to both like and dislike fully. It gets hordes of monsters, fast paced shooting and lots of 'splosions quite nicely, but as you mentioned there are movement issues, the lack of quicksaves or saves bar checkpoints (one part later on I had to play 5 times in a row because of some stupid jump I kept messing up). Even something as nicely done as the graphics peeve me off. It looks lovely on a really nicely optimized engine and has a lot of atmosphere, but since its so dark plus the lighting so flashy and filtered in places everything suffers from major visual clutter after you blow something up or fire off a weapon like the electrical mortar thing.

Anyhow: Been plugging away at Duke Nukem 3D still and the first Quake, both modded up to the eyeballs (Duke with eDuke32, Highres Textures and models and DukePlus, Quake Darkplaces and the Highres models and textures). Duke certainly had some interesting level design and Quake just seems like the most bleak and dark thing outside of actual horror.

Lesser Hivemind Node Juan Carlo's Avatar
    Quake's terrible single player. I know alot of people disagree with me, but I was bored to tears by it even back in 1996 (or whenever it was released. I can't remember). It has good gameplay and multiplayer, maybe, but it's also ugly, bland, and lacks not only a coherent or compelling story, but also something as simple as a unified theme (WTF is up with Knights coexisting with dudes welding shotguns?).

I still defend "Doom" as being a game that's fun to play, even by modern sensibilities, just because it has excellent level design, a coherent theme, and atmosphere in spades, but I don't think "Quake" holds up well at all.

Duke Nukem 3D is still awesome, though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    I'd like to reiterate that Stacking is absolutely lovely.

Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post
    Hard Reset is really hard to both like and dislike fully.
    Having played the game more, I definitely agree. I could easily start listing the game's numerous flaws (lack of quicksaves, odd movement, weak weapons, overtly dark) but at the same time it's still oddly enjoyable because, especially once you unlock more weapons, it gets the shooting thing done fairly nicely. I'm pretty sure I'm never coming back to it once I finish it but I'm enjoying it enough right now to call it fun.

Network Hub
    Started playing Alice Madness Returns again, I think I'm near the end of the horrible industrial area, thank god.