Page 207 of 1163 FirstFirst ... 107157197205206207208209217257307707 ... LastLast
Results 4,121 to 4,140 of 23258
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    The Next Big Thing.

Probably the best looking point and click adventure since Siberia, the dialogues and constant repeated humor is hilarious, the writing is unique and voice cast is outstanding as well.

really enjoying it so far.
    You had me intrigued and then on checking I realised it was from the studio that made Runaway, which was a game that just didn't click with me at all. Granted I haven't tried any of the Runaway sequels and they may have upped their game since then but it does make me a tad wary of dropping 30 quid on it! Is there a demo available? I had a look on their website and couldn't see one.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    I can't stop playing Anno 2070. Please send help.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
    You had me intrigued and then on checking I realised it was from the studio that made Runaway, which was a game that just didn't click with me at all. Granted I haven't tried any of the Runaway sequels and they may have upped their game since then but it does make me a tad wary of dropping 30 quid on it! Is there a demo available? I had a look on their website and couldn't see one.
    Had the same thoughts. What few opinions I can gather on it either say it's an average addition to the adventure genre or rife with technical issues.

What was the name of that cartoony airship point & click adventure? Was going to order it a while back but I think the date slipped. A lot.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    What was the name of that cartoony airship point & click adventure? Was going to order it a while back but I think the date slipped. A lot.
    Captain Brawe?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Have you tried going to your Steam games list, right clicking Skyrim, selecting properties - local files, and then verifying integrity of game cache? Every time I have problems with a Steam game I do this and it usually fixes it. Skyrim too.
    Yes. It doesn't fix anything :(

Quote Originally Posted by Oshada View Post
    Are you using SkyUI and also have AMD graphics? Mine used to hang (probably due to SkyUI) but it went away after I updated to 12.1 Preview.
    Nvidia. No matter what I do I get infinite loading screens - sometimes from the very first loading, other times I can manage a couple of transitions until it gets stuck.
    No more Skyrim for me I guess! A shame, I really enjoyed my 60 hours with it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Malawi Frontier Guard View Post
    I can't stop playing Anno 2070. Please send help.
    I posted a copy of Alpha Centuri through your letter box... Oh, maybe you wanted to stop playing city builders all together? No, can't help, sorry..
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
    I've never played the Runway series so I wouldn't know if it had improved yes or no but they have a demo up on Steam.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    FRAPS is hard.
    Not freeware.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by coldvvvave View Post
    Not freeware.
    You don't need to pay for it. Use it in its free version, convert the .bmp files yourself. Works fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    You don't need to pay for it. Use it in its free version, convert the .bmp files yourself. Works fine.
    Or use imgur, which will convert it automagically.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    The Next Big Thing
    Their new title, Yesterday, should have been released recently on Steam. I'm pretty curious about Pendulo's titles, but the price tag is out of my range, will wait for some sale.

Yesterday I've spent a couple of quality hours with Avadon. After checking out the WIT on RPS, I fired it up with very little convinction (in recent years I've really had a lot of trouble getting myself to stick to any RPG for a reasonable amount of time), but something in it won me over pretty soon. Looking forward to playing more of it later today.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Their new title, Yesterday, should have been released recently on Steam. I'm pretty curious about Pendulo's titles, but the price tag is out of my range, will wait for some sale.

Yesterday I've spent a couple of quality hours with Avadon. After checking out the WIT on RPS, I fired it up with very little convinction (in recent years I've really had a lot of trouble getting myself to stick to any RPG for a reasonable amount of time), but something in it won me over pretty soon. Looking forward to playing more of it later today.
    It'a been on steam for a while now, and I grabbed it during a sale, believe it was 5 euro at the time.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Activated Node
    Quote Originally Posted by sinchan View Post
    Just finish playing Civilization V. CIV V is on of my favorite strategy game, a must try for historian gamer
    You can't be serious..

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by simast View Post
    You can't be serious..
    Well, the ubiquitous civilopedia was always chock full of cute factoids, but as a simulation? bahahahaha.

But then, go to their forums and you see people complaining that they haven't added Wallachia or some other tiny medieval European state when, y'know, there's a whole world out there.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Stalker: Call of Kitkat is starting to grow on me. I still haven't had much experience with the thing it's famous for (atmosphere) yet because I've stayed above ground doing missions against bandits. Tomorrow I'll check out one of the chasms and see if I can find any loot. These constant anomalies worry me, I'm not sure if I can navigate my way through, or there's some sort of trick which allows safe passage. Maybe I need certain items for certain types of anomalies? I dunno.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by simast View Post
    You can't be serious..
    Indeed. I love Civ and all (well, Civ 4 anyway) but any element of "history" is a thin coat of paint and little else.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Ah crap, Human Revolution was good. Really, really good. Although the boss fights were silly at least there was always an easy way to beat them, and I would have loved it if all your energy cells regenerated so you could play with the abilities more, but these things are easy to ignore because the game does so much right. I only hope as much love and care to the level design is put into any sequels.
    Still got the Missing Link DLC to play but I think I'll try to focus on finally playing Company of Heroes for now.

Stalker: Call of Kitkat is starting to grow on me. I still haven't had much experience with the thing it's famous for (atmosphere) yet because I've stayed above ground doing missions against bandits. Tomorrow I'll check out one of the chasms and see if I can find any loot. These constant anomalies worry me, I'm not sure if I can navigate my way through, or there's some sort of trick which allows safe passage. Maybe I need certain items for certain types of anomalies? I dunno.
    Caution and learning with anomalies. Walk into a few listening to the scanner figuring out how close you can get before triggering them, remember their shape and look when walking near them and chuck bolts when not sure.
    There is a special Veles detector from the scientist dudes if you do some missions for them which points out where the anomalies are on the screen if you want an easier way of spotting them.

Make sure you're throwing bolts (default '6' on the keyboard IIRC) to set off anomalies so you can find out their location and plot a path around them.

The most advanced artifact detector (the 'Svarog') can actually display the location of anomalies (as well as artifacts), making it a piece of cake to navigate around them; but you can only get your hands on one mid-to-late game, after you do a bunch of specific quests.

---

I've started the lovely Dustforce, which straight away reminds me of Super Meat Boy. It's slower paced than SMB, but it's in the same kind of score-chasing vein. Also like SMB, the art and soundtrack are fantastic.

The only gripe I have with it is the lack of levels. Most of the levels are locked off until you obtain a perfect score on the early ones, and if you don't make the effort to unlock them, then you very quickly run out of levels to play.

I'm making progress in Fallout: New Vegas too, which is very enjoyable so far. Maybe it's a bug, but I seem to have two companions following me around, when the game apparently limits you to one. I'm not complaining though, the extra hired gun is coming in very handy!

Quote Originally Posted by airtekh;104691making progress in [B
    Fallout: New Vegas[/B] too, which is very enjoyable so far. Maybe it's a bug, but I seem to have two companions following me around, when the game apparently limits you to one. I'm not complaining though, the extra hired gun is coming in very handy!
    One human and one non-human companion are allowed, if I remember correctly (ED-E and Boone can become horribly overpowered).

I just discovered Terraria, got loads of questions but it's pretty enjoyable so far.