Page 208 of 1258 FirstFirst ... 1081581982062072082092102182583087081208 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,160 of 25147
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    I very much enjoy Terraria, although I found when I played it there was so many obstacles to overcome to actually do what I want. Like to get this ore, I need this pickaxe, which you can only get through beating X, the weapon you use to do some comes from Y. It was quite overwhelming, though I hear it could have changed.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by airtekh View Post
    I've started the lovely Dustforce, which straight away reminds me of Super Meat Boy. It's slower paced than SMB, but it's in the same kind of score-chasing vein. Also like SMB, the art and soundtrack are fantastic.
    I forgot about this game! I was going to wait for the inevitable bundle release but it looks like exactly what I'm in the mood for. Are you playing with the keyboard?

Lesser Hivemind Node icupnimpn2's Avatar
    There is something terribly wrong with Dustforce on my PC. It runs sloooooow and the framerate stutters. No such problem with Super Meat Boy and most other 2D platformers. Would like to like the game.

You progress in Terraria a lot faster by playing in a group, solo it can get pretty tedious.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    These constant anomalies worry me, I'm not sure if I can navigate my way through, or there's some sort of trick which allows safe passage. Maybe I need certain items for certain types of anomalies? I dunno.
    Nah, just throw bolts or get an anomaly detector. The former is much more effective if you want to know whether or not the anomalies are in front of you. The latter detects anomalies like how a Geiger counter does and gets better each time you found yourself a newer model. You need it to find yourself some artefacts in anomalies.

Lesser Hivemind Node Juan Carlo's Avatar
    I'm nearing the end of "Drakensang: The Dark Eye." The writing is awful and the world is generic, but boy do I love this game more than most RPGs I've played in recent memory. It's the stat system, I think. It's been ages since an RPG actually required me to do math. This game just tapped into that weird, OCD, "MUST LEVEL CHARACTER ONE MORE TIME!" compulsion that most good RPGs will give you.

Plus I'm playing as a rogue/wizard hybrid who specializes in fencing, and it's awesome. RPGs need to have more rogue/wizard hybrids in them.
    Last edited by Juan Carlo; 21-03-2012 at 06:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Woundedbum View Post
    I very much enjoy Terraria, although I found when I played it there was so many obstacles to overcome to actually do what I want. Like to get this ore, I need this pickaxe, which you can only get through beating X, the weapon you use to do some comes from Y. It was quite overwhelming, though I hear it could have changed.
    Much was added with 1.1, but the game stayed the same. Gradual progress via gathering, then crafting, to do more gathering is basically the whole point to it. Once you have the top ore's armor tools and weapons, that's pretty much it unless you like to build, build and build some more. Multiplayer really does make the game tbh.

Lesser Hivemind Node NecroKnight's Avatar
    I'm revisiting Stalker: Call of Pripayt, doing side missions I didn't finish in the first run.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Zephro's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Indeed. I love Civ and all (well, Civ 4 anyway) but any element of "history" is a thin coat of paint and little else.
    I dunno you learn quite a lot of good history playing Civ. Sometimes I'd reckon more so than really anal things like Paradox games. History is about process more than fact and Civ does communicate quite a few processes and tensions that are important throughout history.

If anything Civ4/5 teaches you wars can and will break out over scarce resources. Which is something more fundamental to understand than the names of the duchies and grand duchies in the HRE.

This argument has been occurring a lot lately with Michael Gove's dicking about with the history curriculum.

Anyway, this week I has mostly been playing Dwarf Fortress, lots and lots of Dwarf Fortress.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Woundedbum View Post
    It hasn't.

I burnt out really, really quick on it. The most fun I had was before I got to all the lava and stuff. After that I just couldn't be bothered.

Quote Originally Posted by eRa View Post
    One human and one non-human companion are allowed, if I remember correctly (ED-E and Boone can become horribly overpowered).
    Nice to know. My character is melee-focused, so I like having those two to soften targets up before I get in range. :D

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    I forgot about this game! I was going to wait for the inevitable bundle release but it looks like exactly what I'm in the mood for. Are you playing with the keyboard?
    No I'm using my 360 pad; I like using a pad for 2D platformers. You can rebind almost everything in the options screen though, so it seems it will accept any old controller.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Anno 2070 Struggling through the World Event, mission 2. Getting them sushi was already difficult and now since I have the Eco Engineer tier they demand Pasta and have to find a new Island that has that fertility.

Eve Online Just started out and doing some mining and beginning missions, I already ran in to A**holes that fly by and steal your jettisoned cargo. Some people are really just rotten on the inside.
    Also I ran in to some NPC pirates that blew my ship apart because I wasn't able to warp fast enough, luckily I insured my vessel, but still had to repurchase all my equipment.

The Next Big Thing Completed it, took me 7 hours and 13 minutes according to the stats, not too short not too long, great game.
    Last edited by Ravelle; 21-03-2012 at 01:39 PM.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    Anno 2070 Struggling through the World Event, mission 2. Getting them sushi was already difficult and now since I have the Eco Engineer tier they demand Pasta and have to find a new Island that has that fertility.
    If you think the second mission is hard, I have bad news for you...
    I just now finished the third one and spent way more hours on it than I'd like to admit. Talk about jumping into the deep end.

Crusader Kings 2: Playing a good deal of this, basically it is a child assasination simulator. I really should wait till they release the inevitable patched expansion before spending too much time with it.

Serious Sam BFE: Seriously.

Hard Reset: Lasers and explosions!

Xcom UFO Defense: All this hullabaloo about new Xcom games has made me pick a copy of the original on Gamers Gate and boldy throw myself into veteran campaign where I've forbidden myself to save/reload. It is incredibly fun seeing the Earth's last hope get torn to shreds by plasma time after time, really it is. I'm pretty sure I'm going to win in the end. Unless I don't.

I've got Civ 5 and Shogun Total War sitting on my steam account without me being able to bring myself to play them. I've spent inordinate amounts of time with the games in both those series but in these newest editions something is just... mising. The fun factor is just no longer there for me. Luckily there's loads of shiny new things play instead.
    Last edited by crazy horse; 21-03-2012 at 03:39 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node agentorange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy horse View Post
    Xcom UFO Defense: All this hullabaloo about new Xcom games has made me pick a copy of the original on Gamers Gate and boldy throw myself into veteran campaign where I've forbidden myself to save/reload. It is incredibly fun seeing the Earth's last hope get torn to shreds by plasma time after time, really it is. I'm pretty sure I'm going to win in the end. Unless I don't.
    Beware that the Gamers Gate version may have the bug where all difficulties revert to the easy setting.

Quote Originally Posted by Malawi Frontier Guard View Post
    If you think the second mission is hard, I have bad news for you...
    I just now finished the third one and spent way more hours on it than I'd like to admit. Talk about jumping into the deep end.
    Oh dear, in what aspect is it so hard? :o
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    You need 5000 Eco Executives and repair three islands, at least one of which will almost inevitably be settled by another faction. In addition, the event will be over pretty soon.

Don't force yourself, though. You don't have to do it.

It took me forever to get Eco Engi's and I don't achieved the 750 requirement yet, 5000 seems impossible for a next tier and room you have on your island.

Quote Originally Posted by agentorange View Post
    Beware that the Gamers Gate version may have the bug where all difficulties revert to the easy setting.
    Yup, I'm using a modded version that fixes that and a few other bugs. UFO extender I believe it's called. It's on veteran alright. I can unload a whole truckload of plasma and alien grenades at a terror unit and it just stands there paitently waiting for me to hit end turn.

You mean that my last x-com playtrough was on easy?

Still I regret nothing.