Page 210 of 1050 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220260310710 ... LastLast
Results 4,181 to 4,200 of 20994
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Funny, I've gone back to playing Darksiders just today, after having only played it for about 30 mins shortly after buying it in a Steam sale.

Being a PC only player, I've not played many of the games that it is generally compared to (Zelda, Soul Reaver, etc.), but I very much enjoyed the hour or so I had with it.

Also started Mass Effect the first again. Believe it or not, I still have yet to play the second one, let alone the third. I bought it a while ago and have been meaning to replay the first to have a save game (as an aside, this trend of allowing you to use save games from the previous game is nice, but incredibly annoying.) Just coming to the end of the Citadel section and I think it might be a little better than I remember.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    The Diablo 3 beta. First playthrough as barbarian. It's incredibly fun and very pretty. The combat is very satisfying! It took me and a friend 90 minutes to finish it. I'll play with every class. It's obvious that this is something I can play for hundreds of hours...

Just played a couple more levels of MDK2 HD. What a rushed, glitchy, cash-in hack job. I mean, the audio is near completely broken, I don't even see why they would have messed with that portion.

I'm very unimpressed with Beamdog/Overhaul.

Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    The Diablo 3 beta. First playthrough as barbarian. It's incredibly fun and very pretty. The combat is very satisfying! It took me and a friend 90 minutes to finish it. I'll play with every class. It's obvious that this is something I can play for hundreds of hours...
    here comes the game that everyone is talking about.. ;__;
    --under construction--

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ChiYeon View Post
    here comes the game that everyone is talking about.. ;__;
    Better this than they talk about the ME3 ending(s). Finished Deus Ex 3,it's fun but the game on peaked in Detroit, the choices felt substantial and you overpowering gangsters made more sense than overpowering a secret military.
    *Taps on shoulder, punches in face*
    Speaking of stealth... Fresh out of getting annoyed by ME3 my fiancée has just started Deus Ex 3, SHE IS A COLD BLOODED MURDERER. But she cannot be bothered sneaking, vending machines(!) and her upgraded combat rifle are the weapons of choice.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

I've been playing a bit of everything lately. Can't seem to settle myself into anything.
    A bit of Dead Space 2, restarted Resi 5. Done the first few bosses of Ys, bit of Lara Croft GoL co-op, interspersed with some BF3 (which still either has the tendancy to be tonnes of fun or thoroughly fuck me off like nothing else). Plus I had a go at starting Tomb Raider: Underworld after finishing and loving Anniversary and Legend - but that first level is boring as chuff.

I mostly wanna play Deus Ex HR after finally picking it up in the Steam sale, but that goddam stuttering bug makes it impossible to play comfortably.

Quote Originally Posted by Vandelay View Post
    Funny, I've gone back to playing Darksiders just today, after having only played it for about 30 mins shortly after buying it in a Steam sale.
    Ohh forgot this, i'd re-started Darksiders on apocolyptic, thinking i'd mastered it after my past, very enjoyable playthroughs long ago on normal on easy and could go for the achievement. Turns out I suck. Those big blue demon things just hand me my arse.
    Last edited by Memph; 24-03-2012 at 10:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flint View Post
    Just got Darksiders from the gamersgate promo and gave it a little play. It's so soulreavery it's actually a bit weird (in a pleasant way).
    Now, you're making me want to finish that shit for the bossfights! Oh, I love the bossfights there. Shame for the combat, though. Felt like it's a bit bland when I'm just mashing away one button without much challenge with anything else beyond bosses

Lesser Hivemind Node Juan Carlo's Avatar
    Two Worlds 1. It's maddenly inconsistent.

Some stuff is brilliant:

-the crafting system which allows you to combine weapons

-the alchemy system

-the weapon system in general. I like how different weapons are best suited to different enemies, so you have to keep like 3 on you at all times.

-fighting with spears!

-Neat armor aesthetics. Kind of an asian/arabian knights combo, which looks cool

It has way too many flaws for me to love it, though:

-Every bloody NPC in the world has a unique name so there is no easy way to tell who has quests and who doesn't unless you run around clicking on everyone. A HUGE annoyance. They should have only named the important NPCs.

-Glitchy level design. I can't count the number of times I've gotten stuck completely on the horse and had to reload

-The quest interface is terrible. Just tiny little dots on a huge map, and on top of it they don't explain everything you are supposed to do so you pretty much need to use a faq (for example, to initiate one of the main quests needed to complete the game, you have to visit a random unrelated town and start doing random quests until you get a key that unlocks the thing you need. The quest journal tells you nothing about this, so I assume the developers just expected people to stumble upon this in the midst of the scores of other towns and hundreds of available quests?)

-Enemy AI is of the terrible "everything within a 100 yard radius just hones in on your character" variety, so you will have like 50 random animals chasing you everywhere

-Voice work and writing are awful, and the storyline ranges from functional (the main quest) to dull as dishwater (most of the side quests). At least it has a sense of humor, though, which if not very funny, is kind of appreciated.

I plan on sticking it out, though. It's not all bad, really, just not very good. Plus, I want to play Two Worlds 2 (Which I won in the xmas sale) so I feel like I have to finish this first.
    Last edited by Juan Carlo; 24-03-2012 at 11:52 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Two Worlds is really inept, but ok. I had to stop when I reached a point where all enemies were either trivial or impossible, and it was getting boring.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Just played the introductory mission of SpellForce 2: Shadow Wars that I picked up during this week's sale on Steam. It reminds me a bit of Warcraft III with the hero units, building simplified bases, etc. I can't really get too excited about yet another fictional world of Dark Elves, Knights of the Light, Dragons and The Evil Shadow, so I'm hoping the characters will make it interesting.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    It's better than Warcraft simply for being German and having a Dynamedion soundtrack.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    For some reason there wasn't any audio during the intro movie, so I might have missed out on the most dramatic piece, but the normal soundtrack has indeed been good so far.

As for the creators being German, that reminds me I never finished Grotesque Tactics: Evil Heroes. I got the German version because, if I remember correctly, the English version didn't have any voice-acting. However, playing it in German meant I probably misunderstood or simply missed a good number of the jokes - which was probably the game's main selling point.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    All this SpellForce talk has made me start playing the first game again. So that will take me a month or so to get through. It is deliciously huge and slow-paced. Unfortunately I am a bit too good at it now, and Hard isn't hard enough. At least I can have the fun of destroying all the "OMG you can't beat this army" armies, like the ridiculous pack of orcs in the Shiel. And, of course, victory is all the sweeter if it comes with the screams of 50 dying elf workers...
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    Now, you're making me want to finish that shit for the bossfights! Oh, I love the bossfights there. Shame for the combat, though. Felt like it's a bit bland when I'm just mashing away one button without much challenge with anything else beyond bosses
    I don't know, I kinda like the combat. It is rather simple (though you can make it fairly detailed I'd imagine if you bought all the different moves and so forth) but it's got a nice power and strength to it. A bit buttonmashy but fun buttonmashy.

Really enjoying this game, and now getting the Zelda references that everyone keeps mentioning as well (the Cathedral felt like I was playing a slightly more glum Zelda, complete with the boomerang). So much more fun than I expected, the screenies and videos etc really do not do it justice. Derivative as all hell but I adore the games it copies so I don't find it a problem at all. Love the acting as well, Mark Hamill does a brilliant job as usual (and War's actor sounds quite a bit like Simon Templeman, further making it feel like a LoK game).
    Give me steam and how you feel to make it real.

Hammering through ME3 at the moment, trying to get to the ending so that I can see what all the fuss is about and finally join in the conversation that seems to be involving about 97% of the internet at the moment... just started on Thessia and enjoying it immensely so far on a paragon playthrough with a soldier manshep (oh Revenant machine gun, shall I count the ways I love you?) and my renegade sentinel ladyshep is queued up and ready. Even the multiplayer is really quite nice, albeit I'm a bit useless. Which reminds me, I just need to get something off my chest. Arrrgghhhh! Stupid space bar with everything bound to it, stupid narrow FOV and stupid sticky cover making me look a pillock when I finally try to get out of the way of the husk that's got round the side of me and started biting my ear!
    There is nothing more powerful than a bad idea who's time has come...

Lesser Hivemind Node NecroKnight's Avatar
    Yesterday, Pendulo Studios new adventure game.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NecroKnight View Post
    Yesterday, Pendulo Studios new adventure game.
    Also this, not far in though but so far I'm missing the constant talking a lot at every action and interaction. :(

I also started Armored Core V.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Lesser Hivemind Node Juan Carlo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwoozy View Post
    One complaint I should mention is that my Shogun 2 install on Steam is now 20 fucking gigs large. Considering you really want an SSD to cut down on the ridiculous load times that's a pretty expensive chunk of HDD real estate.
    Both "Empire" and "Napolean" are also 20 gigs each.

"Medieval 2" with the expansion is 16 gigs.

Total War games are annoying when it comes to space. I can never justify keeping them all on my machine at once either. If you have every game in the series installed, it's nearly 100 gigs.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Continuing my adventures on Stalker: Call of Primyat. Had to form an elite team from people I'd worked beside in the past. I think it's pretty cool how none, all, or some of the NPC's you work with can die on these missions depending on your performance and sheer luck. Most games of this type would probably script a sequence where everyone except the player is killed in an immediate ambush to cover up any AI or game engine limitations, or just make them invincible.

It was kinda like the ending of Jedi Knight 2 where you suddenly find yourself with a team of Jedi fighting Dark Jedi, and after the chaotic whirling flash of saber on saber you could end up entering the next room alone, with a partner, or with a full team of battle-hardened Jedi Knights. This freedom doesn't always work due to the random elements (friendly fire!), but when it does... the feeling is like no other. I must have replayed that JK2 level a hundred times.
    Last edited by Drake Sigar; 25-03-2012 at 01:36 PM.