Page 216 of 1138 FirstFirst ... 116166206214215216217218226266316716 ... LastLast
Results 4,301 to 4,320 of 22744
    Yeah, I'm very slow when playing almost any game. I usually need to add at least 20% over the average completion time, usually more for an RPG.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Planetscape Tournament, that would be the Planescape Torment Unreal Tournament mashup? Nameless ones double jump isn't high enough.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Carlo View Post
    Anyone know if the "Realms of Arkania" games are any good?
    Any good? They are perhaps the best RPGs ever made. You move around towns and dungeons in a first person perspective and you travel across the land on an over world map, facing random encounters that give you opportunities to use the skills of your characters. The games have many survival elements and long distance travel requires heavy planning. Combat is isometric and turn-based on a battle grid, and largely improves with each iteration of the game (you can only do ranged attacks along grid lines in the first game, for example). You can import your characters across games making for a mammoth trilogy of cRPG goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    They're on a different edition of the ruleset, and they're more along the lines of the old Might & Magic games, so it's a completely different experience.
    Might and Magic? How did you arrive at that conclusion? They are absolutely nothing like each other. That's almost as bad as comparing Ultima to Wizardry.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizardry View Post
    Might and Magic? How did you arrive at that conclusion? They are absolutely nothing like each other. That's almost as bad as comparing Ultima to Wizardry.
    The interface, the graphics and so on.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    The interface, the graphics and so on.
    Graphically the old Might and Magic games are cartoony, colourful and silly, while the Realms of Arkania games, although having a distinctive art style, are more realistic and gritty. The interfaces are sort of similar when walking around towns and dungeons, but during combat, over world travel and encounters the interfaces couldn't be much further apart. And the gameplay has very little similarity outside of both being cRPGs.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Wizardry View Post
    The interfaces are sort of similar when walking around towns and dungeons
    That is what I meant.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Been spending more than a reasonable amount of time on Army of Darkness Defense on iOS after my attempts to start Drakensang: River of Time fizzled out because of some rather annoying, and sadly recurring, crashes.

"He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Network Hub
    Lately I've been playing Avadon, which I got from that recent bundle. It's nice that you can carry over your save from the demo. Also been playing Dota 2 recently since I got an invite to the beta of such.

The Tribes Ascend beta (my free-to-play debut) and Battlefield 3. Both online man-shooters but so very different (and good!).

Also trying to put a little time into Fall of the Samurai. But not having played the base game I'm a little intimidated by all the Japanese stuff.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Still playing the Diablo 3 beta. I put more than 12 hours in it this week.

Today I got a DOTA 2 beta key. The main menu was sort of confusing. Then I started a bot game and... I might as well watch the Matrix code. I have absolutely no idea what's going on. I abandoned it after a couple of minutes. I played Demigod and that bad free game that was in the Steam Christmas contest, but DOTA 2 is overwhelming.

Been wanting to play SpaceChem, but my computer's been giving me problems, so going through a lot of old puzzle games instead. Played the first two Dr. Brain games--fun, but not all that satisfying. I played on the easier difficulty setting, but I got the sense that the "harder" settings just involved more repetition of the same tasks, not necessarily deeper puzzles.

Also played through good old Chip's Challenge, which I enjoyed quite a bit. There were a few really satisfying puzzles in there, although also some duds--some of the later levels had too much unfair trial and error, and there were too many mazes. I ended up using cheats to skip a lot of the maze levels or levels where I figured out the solution but it was too tedious to actually implement it, and I found I enjoyed the game a lot more this way.

Lastly, I started Oh No More Lemmings and gave up almost immediately because too many levels had only on possible solution and required dumb pixel-perfect clicking, but then I started Lemmings 2 and man it rules. There's so much variety in the tools you're given, the levels are hard but satisfying have generally multiple solutions, if you don't save all the Lemmings you can still go to the next level and go back to do better later. The music and beautiful pixel art is even better than Lemmings 1.

Anyone have other good puzzle game recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by eRa View Post
    The Tribes Ascend beta (my free-to-play debut) and Battlefield 3. Both online man-shooters but so very different (and good!).

Also trying to put a little time into Fall of the Samurai. But not having played the base game I'm a little intimidated by all the Japanese stuff.
    Make sure you beef up your Shogun game with Darthmod. A hefty amount of improvements available in that mod.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    I'm gonna' pack the Wing Commander Saga in for today, all those hours spent yesterday are starting to take their toll on me. I can't do 12 hour marathons like the rest of you freaks of nature. Depending on whether the number of missions mentioned in the RPS article also counts the prologue, I must be about a quarter of the way through after 3 days. It sure ain't short.

Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    Noooo, stop! You make me want to play that game and I must ...resist!
    One of us, one of us!

Lots of stuff

I am curently playing Mass effect 3. I finally gave up my wait to be sure to have some people on the multiplayer part and because I can't avoid spoilers forever. So far I find the game pretty enjoyable.

I am also playing Amalur but it's secondary. And I am still trying to finish Bastion and Skyrim but I am a bit borred with both of them.

I am also playing Vanquish on my Xbox and Sword and sworcery on my Ipod.

That's about it.

Network Hub
    Eleven hours in Titan Quest IT and still enjoying it although I can't play it for more than 1,5hrs in one sitting. Well, I don't know if there's any game I can play for that long now.. What happened to me? :O I remember playing WoW for half a day, easily.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    WoW - again - Scroll of ReAddicion and all that.

Path of Exile Beta - it's really rather lovely to look at and the combat is frantic and weighty - and the loot is endless - and it has some neat ideas (no currency, no potions to buy, spells are equipped into slots on armour and weapons and much more!)

Ridge Racer Unbounded - I was cautious about dropping 30 on what I thought would be Flatout (the good one, not the crap 3rd one which wasn't done by the original developers - they did this instead) with knobs on, but I risked 5 on a 360 rental of it and it's utterly and totally FANTASTIC. It's not Ridge Racer (aside from the music) - it's much more classic Burnout mixed with Split Second and it's really, really, really sharp and enjoyable to play. Not sure about the lastability (30 is a lot of money these days) but I should rinse most of it for the 5 rental I reckon (and I'll pickup the PC version cheaper, later).

Lesser Hivemind Node agentorange's Avatar
    Just finished Kane & Lynch: Dog Days. Have to say I thought it was weaker than the first one; less interesting set pieces, and the plot wasn't quite as engaging. I could tell they put a lot of effort into the Hong Kong locale, and it looks beautiful, but they neglected to set up some interesting scenarios to take advantage of atmosphere (like the bank heist and tower assault missions of Dead Men). The butt naked escape through the crowded streets was definitely the highlight, and I wish we could have gotten more stuff like that instead of one warehouse after another. Still, I enjoyed seeing Kane and Lynch again, refreshing to see such utter bastards when video games are flooded with righteous paladin main characters. I'd certainly like to see a third entry, to round the series off. I mean there's no way Kane and Lynch can survive for long after all the bad dudes they've pissed off.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    I got promoted in the Wing Commander Saga and am absurdly proud of my shiny new button.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Playing quite a bit of DotA2 lately, since I got into the beta. Just Coop vs Bots for now, I don't yet feel confident enough in my ability not to muck up the game for everyone else horribly as to face human opponents in a ranked match, but for now, I'm having quite a bit of fun. It feels much more polished than LoL, despite being a beta. Then again, this is Valve I'm dealing with, so...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I can not believe how sucky i am at football games,i'm playing PES06 (Modded so its 2012 season). So what do you think is better for controlling player,D-pad or thumb stick ?