Page 218 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 118168208216217218219220228268318718 ... LastLast
Results 4,341 to 4,360 of 24106
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanH View Post
    I'm not sure what that picture is supposed to signify, but nice hair.
    Female version of this:

Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Monster Madness

Well, it's a pretty bad game, but I like it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Just finished rock of Ages last level "Saturday" my god that was a beautifully animated boss, so creepy.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I was so close getting my first win in UEFA Champion League but they had to score goal in last four minutes..DAAAMN YOU!!

Network Hub
    I've spent the afternoon playing Trine, comfortably the best game I've ever picked up for less than 1.50.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    I was just playing some Sonic 2 and took a route in Hill Top Zone that I've never taken before. In some perspective, I first played the game over 15 years ago. I'm both chuffed and dismayed about this fact.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Spent the first 2 hours playing Duck Sou- I mean, Dark Souls. Here's some things I thought about it:

-Despite being a japanese game, it looks pretty western to me
    -It's gorgeous to look at, even if it's pitch black in some places
    -The controls are clunky. Clunkier than Monster Hunter, really. Why's jumping so hard in this?
    -That said, swinging weapons around are slow even using light attacks (maybe because I'm using an axe)
    -Camera's a bit bad and (although, t's my fault) I tend to miss hitting the lock on button before fights
    -Enemies attacks are cheap. Not to mention bomb spams.
    -Falling down to my death is so easy

Heavy Rain. I accidentally shot some guy and I can't go back. Goddamnit.

It occurs to me that overweight (realistic, human) protagonists are a rare sight in video games.

Lesser Hivemind Node agentorange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rii View Post
    Heavy Rain. I accidentally shot some guy and I can't go back. Goddamnit.

It occurs to me that overweight (realistic, human) protagonists are a rare sight in video games.
    This is why I was happy to see the out of shape Max in Max Payne 3. But then everyone else seemed to throw a hissy fit.

Yeah I'm excited for Max Payne 3. Rightnow I'm playing CS GO beta,Tribes Ascend Beta and finishing off some stuff in Skyrim. Can't believe I put 110 hours into that game with one character.

Played some Sacred over the weekend. Pretty addictive, I'm really enjoying it. There are a couple issues with it, mostly a story I can only describe as "probably there" and the fact that gold is worthless. Otherwise very good.

Now if only Sacred 2 wasn't such a pain in the ass to buy here.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodeen View Post
    Now if only Sacred 2 wasn't such a pain in the ass to buy here.

$20 on Impulse

Wow, thanks! I didn't think it was available on any DD's here. Still no expansion, which is the other issue. It was never released here, so if you want it in English you have to get the UK version. Which doesn't work with the US version of the base game, so you need to get the UK version of that too.

Still, another option on the table. Thanks again.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    I think GamersGate might have Sacred 2 Gold.

Yeah, I saw that. Does Gamersgate let you redeem a gift code for and download games which aren't sold in your region? If so, then that'll be my best bet, I think.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    You'd have to ask in the smuggling topic, I think. I've no experience of that stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by agentorange View Post
    This is why I was happy to see the out of shape Max in Max Payne 3. But then everyone else seemed to throw a hissy fit.
    I haven't being paying attention to MP3 but sure, I'll give it props for that.

Meanwhile I'm pretty impressed with Heavy Rain. No doubt the limits of the narrative logic are a lot more apparent on subsequent playthroughs, but its been reasonably seamless so far.

On a less positive note: Madison; or rather, Madison's ass. For a while I thought I was just imagining it, but no, the camera really does miss no opportunity to hang a little low and highlight those shapely curves. That one of her 'chapters' involves a leering motel manager is unintentionally ironic. Also the fact that her entire role in the story to date has been in playing nurse to Ethan is a bit lame, hopefully that side of things picks up further in.

I guess most of the female characters in the game thus far have been rather passive and largely of the maternal and/or victim moulds. Whatsherface that tags along with privateeyeguy being the only exception. Of course there's nothing wrong with telling a particular type of story, in this case one centred on a a variety of male characters. Ironically the issue only arises because the game contains enough female characters and characterisation to notice patterns on their depiction.

I recall some vague rumblings on these and related subjects when the game was released but didn't pay much attention at the time. I wonder what David Cage has had to say.

Anyway, back to the game!
    Last edited by Rii; 03-04-2012 at 01:48 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Just played the Rift level is SpellForce. Somehow I had managed to fail to pick up the Troll rune, which made life difficult. You're meant to fight your way across the map with Orcs, then your orc camp gets destroyed by a massive demon attack, and you use Trolls to fight your way back. I had no trolls. Fortunately my tower spam confused the demon counterattack and killed them all, but getting across the map with only 5 heroes and shitty Spearmen was hard work. Satisfying, though. I've still never managed to destroy all enemy spawn points on that map though.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rii View Post
    I recall some vague rumblings on these and related subjects when the game was released but didn't pay much attention at the time. I wonder what David Cage has had to say.
    Well he probably wouldn't try to fall back on the female character from his previous game Indigo Prophecy, since one of the bonus unlockables was a scene of him grind-dancing against her. :)

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Well he probably wouldn't try to fall back on the female character from his previous game Indigo Prophecy, since one of the bonus unlockables was a scene of him grind-dancing against her. :)
    This puts his recent "we're at the point that we need professional actors" comments in a different light entirely.