Page 228 of 1162 FirstFirst ... 128178218226227228229230238278328728 ... LastLast
Results 4,541 to 4,560 of 23226
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
    I agree about the combat system but the art direction/soundtrack/whining Prince relegated it to being my least favourite in that trilogy.
    Don't forget the thong armour.

Started playing The Witcher 2 again. I bought it on sale around the same time I got BF3 on sale (on or after Christmas) and didn't really dig into it because I was still all over Skyrim/digging into BF3. Now that I've got a character to 50 in Skyrim and kind of bored of BF3, I feel like digging into the Witcher 2. I'm only on Chapter 1 and already very absorbed. I love the story and gameplay, the visuals. Pretty much everything except how it can get choppy even though I have a good enough rig. It auto-detected me to run the game on high but sometimes I get lag at random times, like in cities. It's wierd there is no frame-rate problems during combat though.

Well, I got properly snagged by Duels of the Planeswalkers again, sweet sweet card addiction... I have to say though, I'm somewhat disappointed with Deck Pack 2, the two new decks do not really bring anything new to the table. The green one is another deck that relies on different units of the same monster type which all support eachother in a group, only this time it's ents instead of elves/vampires/etc, and it doesn't really have a unique angle compared to the other decks of its kind. The black/white one has nothing other special going for it other than the novel black/white combination, playstyle-wise it's your typical black deck. Now I don't know if with later unlocks they come to their own, but so far they seem a bit too samey whereas all the other decks in the game (including Deck Pack 1) have all had an unique angle of some sort. They generally feel a bit lazy: their planeswalkers haven't got their own names and just go by the deck's name, and at least the green one's avatar is taken from a bog-standard card.

Still a wonderful game though, and I can't say I feel too burned over spending that 69p on the two new decks.
    Give me steam and how you feel to make it real.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    The black/white deck is really different, it has big creatures with no land ramp so your task is to stall for enough turns. The low-power stuff is mostly geared around keeping yourself alive for long enough for the fatties. You've got walls that are actually worth having, and cool spells that kill everything alive and resurrect everything dead. There's combos based on killing your own creatures. It's got a lot of fun in it.

The green deck is mostly just a simple mono-green deck that is not hideously weak like the original mono-green deck. It's interesting because a lot of its creatures are hard to kill but not very dangerous, making it a slow ponderous but tough force. Like ents should be.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by NathanH View Post
    The black/white deck is really different, it has big creatures with no land ramp so your task is to stall for enough turns. The low-power stuff is mostly geared around keeping yourself alive for long enough for the fatties. You've got walls that are actually worth having, and cool spells that kill everything alive and resurrect everything dead. There's combos based on killing your own creatures. It's got a lot of fun in it.
    Fair dos, looks like I have to play with it a bit more then. Admittedly, a lot of the game's decks are the sort where it takes a while before you really get the gist of them so should've guessed I judged it a bit too hastily.

The green deck is mostly just a simple mono-green deck that is not hideously weak like the original mono-green deck.
    You mean Garruk's deck? I'd heavily disagree on it being hideously weak. It's not particularly flashy or special but it can be rather deadly: overall nicely strong creatures, a couple of choice buffs and those deer that heal you whenever you gain mana. For a long time it was my go-to deck whenever I felt stuck in the campaign thanks to its brute force.

If you refer to the elf deck then yeah, I agree there.
    Give me steam and how you feel to make it real.

Played through Alpha Protocol yesterday for the first time. The game was better than I had initially expected and had a surprise or two up it's sleeve. Like for example that one time when I scored with three ladies in a row. Or when I took a wrong door and got my favourite co-worker shot in the head for it. Good times.

I also loved the funny little details scattered throughout the levels, like this one:

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bleekill View Post
    Started playing The Witcher 2 again.
    The next patch is in a week, might want to wait until then to continue.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    Played through Alpha Protocol yesterday for the first time. The game was better than I had initially expected and had a surprise or two up it's sleeve. Like for example that one time when I scored with three ladies in a row. Or when I took a wrong door and got my favourite co-worker shot in the head for it. Good times.
    You did all that in one day?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Flint View Post
    You mean Garruk's deck? I'd heavily disagree on it being hideously weak.
    I think the lack of any sort of creature removal/bounce/control is crippling for Garruk's deck. Especially given that most decks have some cards that really need to be controlled, and lots of them come out quickly. Also Garruk doesn't have much ramp or cost-reduction cards. I'm usually happy to see Garruk come up against me in multiplayer, I feel like I'm going to win that matchup unless I get a bad draw and he gets a good draw. Sometimes it gets everything together and launches an Overrun, but not very often.

The relative absence of the deck in multiplayer suggests I'm not the only one who isn't impressed, too.
    Last edited by NathanH; 10-04-2012 at 09:47 PM.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post

I also loved the funny little details scattered throughout the levels, like this one:

Haha you have same beard as my char in AP :D

Guys,do you think this is main character from GTA 3,"Claude"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Guys,do you think this is main character from GTA 3,"
    Did you not notice who his girlfriend is by the end?

SPOILERS BE THAR >The very woman who betrays you at the start of GTA3 and whome you kill as the final boss <SPOILERS BE THAR
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    You did all that in one day?
    All in a day's work. :P

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Guys,do you think this is main character from GTA 3,"Claude"
    No, it's just some look-a-like.

(Yes, that is the GTA 3 protagonist)

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    The next patch is in a week, might want to wait until then to continue.
    Hmmmm, well I already started a game back in December. Is this patch worth restarting a game if I'm only at the end of Chapter 1? Damn I love this game. I hope the patch is heavy on the optimization because I get jittery frame rate in cities when I'm panning around on High.

After reading about the patch, I guess I will start a new game when it is out. I already made a few mistakes in this first play through like killing too many guards when I was just supposed to sneak out of the dungeon.
    Last edited by Bleekill; 10-04-2012 at 11:37 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    That's Bulletstorm down. Two games in two days, that won't be happening again soon. Had a lot of fun with it and the skillshot system never got dull. It was also great how this game didn't suddenly decide to have a dark, survival part. Or if it did then it didn't matter as I just plowed through it kicking people into spikes, fire, barrels and off cliffs. Shame the sequel is looking doubtful - and that Epic are whining about piracy being the reason - but there's plenty of replay value left in this game.

Played Coop Splinter Cell chaos Theory with Sir Labbes

We were doing a seamless run of the 2nd mission... Then he detonates the C4 on the APC while feet away and its game over, i swear, Fisher never had the deal with this!

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Played Coop Splinter Cell chaos Theory with Sir Labbes

We were doing a seamless run of the 2nd mission... Then he detonates the C4 on the APC while feet away and its game over, i swear, Fisher never had the deal with this!
    One should add I died twice before in the mission.
    1: Helio switched the turret on while I was standing in front of it.
    2: He threw me against a ceiling and I died. It's exactly as unspectacular as it sounds.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Did you not notice who his girlfriend is by the end?

SPOILERS BE THAR >The very woman who betrays you at the start of GTA3 and whome you kill as the final boss <SPOILERS BE THAR

But didn't she died at the end of GTA 3 o.O

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    GTA:VC's set in 1986. GTA:SA's set in 1992. GTA3's set in today.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

GTA 3 =2000's
    San Andreas 1990's

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    GTA:VC's set in 1986. GTA:SA's set in 1992. GTA3's set in today.
    Fail, not today, its the Twenty Teens now momma.