Page 229 of 1179 FirstFirst ... 129179219227228229230231239279329729 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,580 of 23576
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Oh you're right,forgot SA is before GTA 3..my bad :(

Anyway nice touch from Rockstar to include that :D

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Fail, not today, its the Twenty Teens now momma.
    You kids and your eye-pads and your tumblers! Back in my day, a tumbler was what my drink was poured out of!
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Flint View Post
    Fair dos, looks like I have to play with it a bit more then. Admittedly, a lot of the game's decks are the sort where it takes a while before you really get the gist of them so should've guessed I judged it a bit too hastily.
    I love Dark Heavens (the black/white deck), it's very fun to play.

Definitely unlock a few more cards before you ditch it; there's some essential stuff in the unlocks, like 'Voice of All' and 'Damnation'. I took out a few of the higher cost cards (like 'Pestilence Demon' and 'Angel of Despair') because most of the time they're just sitting in your hand and you can't play them.

Super Mario galaxy 2
    Twilight princess
    Kid Icarus uprising

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    You are EMPTY.
    Always wanted to play it, not sure why I only do it now... got it from the 1C Pack on GamersGate.

Back in 2006 I read a review of it in a magazine. It gave it a seven, I think, but showered it with praise. It pointed out the things it does right, especially the incredible Soviet imagery and many jokes and details which fly over the head of most people. Also it earned their Best Cutscenes award for that year.

I investigated a bit on Youtube and indeed it looks pretty spectacular. Not sure about the caricatural enemies in that realistic setting. Apparently one company handled the visual design and another provided the actual programming (and didn't finish their part).

Now, I only played for 10 minutes. I need a codec for the videos to run and apparently I have to restart my computer for the resolution to change, but I gave it a shot.
    INSTANT NOSTALGIA.
    The atmosphere is amazing. You can cut it with a knife. Yeah, the enemies are retarded, but the level design... It nails that Soviet look and feel so good. I lost it when I heard the radio.
    I'm going to fix this game and I'm going to play the shit out of it, even if that means dusting off my 2003 laptop that overheats and shuts down after being idle for 45 minutes.
    Last edited by SirKicksalot; 11-04-2012 at 04:18 AM.

Mount & Blade & Mount & Blade & Mount & Blade & Mount & Blade & Mount & Blade.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by airtekh View Post
    I love Dark Heavens (the black/white deck), it's very fun to play.

Definitely unlock a few more cards before you ditch it; there's some essential stuff in the unlocks, like 'Voice of All' and 'Damnation'. I took out a few of the higher cost cards (like 'Pestilence Demon' and 'Angel of Despair') because most of the time they're just sitting in your hand and you can't play them.
    Unfortunately Voice Of All is implemented incorrectly and "as it enters the battlefield" is interpreted as "when it enters the battlefield", giving your opponent an opportunity to target it for removal before its protection ability resolves :-( Still, it's not a bad card, even though this bug makes me not use it. There are a lot of good cards in the deck so it's tough to cut it down. I sometimes even leave one of the destroy-nonblack-creature spells out!

Another good thing about Dark Heavens is that it pwns that ridiculously cheap knight DLC deck that everyone uses these days.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Dragon Quest IX on the commute device. It's really quite nice. The DQ games always seem to be aimed at a younger audience, but they're generally charming and this one is no exception.

I started dipping my toe into LA Noire a few weeks ago, but haven't had any time for proper gaming since then. However, in a few recent sales I have picked up Condoms of Amalur, Space Marine, Death to Spies: Moment of Truth, and Space Rangers 2. I have no clue how to decide which to play.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Oak View Post
    Mount & Blade & Mount & Blade & Mount & Blade & Mount & Blade & Mount & Blade.
    I know exactly what you mean.

Finished Nikopol: Secret of the Immortals. Adventuregamers.com is almost spot on in highlighting all of its flaws. I'll add that navigating around the environment was a very confusing and frustrating affair - I only finished it just to see how the story went about and relying heavily on a strategy guide.

The first BeMine bundle was really not my cup of tea: I only redeemed BEEP and Nikopol and didn't like either one. I'm probably going to trade the rest of the keys, if someone is reading this and is interested just send me some offer.

Still stuck on Odyssey in B.TR after almost 5h -.-'
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Obscure Node
    Gothem City imposters, King Arthurs Gold, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion and Runescape. 11/04/2012

Lesser Hivemind Node TailSwallower's Avatar
    Atom Zombie Smasher. Not really able to focus on anything too in-depth at the moment, but killing zombies (and civilians) with orbital bombardments apparently requires less focus than leading a small band of superheroes, or a sole Vault Dweller.
    weekendwarrio.rs - We've got more games than time...

Just started Legend of Grimrock. I need to figure out how to tone down the sound volume, otherwise it runs very smoothly. Also Panzer Corps Grand Campaign '43 which is a bastard when it comes to difficulty. And more Fall of the Samurai, artillery is absolutely hilarious/overpowered. I'm also way behind when it comes to conquering the necessary amount of provinces, mostly due to conquered provinces rioting if not overseen by a significant amount of military personell.

Legend of Grimrock's first level is perfect. Teaches you everything you need to know about the game whether you be a hardened dungeoneer or a simpleton who tripped and fell onto a computer.

Also, spears!

Quote Originally Posted by Jams O'Donnell View Post
    Dragon Quest IX on the commute device. It's really quite nice. The DQ games always seem to be aimed at a younger audience, but they're generally charming and this one is no exception.
    Try Dragon Quest V. I find the game much better than IX from my experience but it's shorter.

Network Hub
    I too have started Legend of Grimrock. Running a fighter x2/mage/rogue party right now. Found a spear and a scroll so now everyone's getting attacks in and pulling their weight. Did almost kill myself with a spell, too.

Lesser Hivemind Node TillEulenspiegel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmicolor View Post
    Running a fighter x2/mage/rogue party right now.
    Same here! I played for 30 minutes with Figher/Rogue/Mage/Mage, but restarted after I realized all the clicking involved in spellcasting. Three clicks every time you want to cast a basic fire spell, vs. one click to attack with a weapon. Ugh. As I suspected, combat is basically a time management game. No keyboard shortcuts either, you gotta click click click.

Still, exploration is enjoyable.

Playing Grimdarkrock as well. I don't really see why this game is not turn-based. It appears that the best way to fight is hit-move-hit-move and pray to the RNG while doing so. Also, I don't really get the magic system. So basically you have to invest points into whatever magic discipline you prefer with not much of an indication as to what it actually does or even what spells you get but then you don't even have any spells and you have to find them in dungeons first and THEN you have to hammer those into your magic cell phone every time you want to see the special effects?
    Man, those spells better be worth it.

Network Hub
    Grimlock is now eating my life.

Minotaur up front hoping to abuse the shit out of his headhunter trait, human warrior alongside rockin' that heavy armour I found em, rogue hanging back with a spear until I can find her a bow, and insectoid wizard clicking his mandibles in delight at his ice spell. I also found him a mortar and pestle to start making a few potions.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    Man, those spells better be worth it.
    I think technically you don't even have to find the scroll. If you've got the required skill points, you can probably cast the spell at any point. Might not be much chance of that without a walkthrough or excessive experimentation though. That ice spell I mentioned can hit 4 skeleton spearmen at the same time. My fighters couldn't handle them. My advice is to save up your wizard's skill points until you find more scrolls so you won't end up spending them on magic you're not going to find for some time. Keep in mind you can't have everything. I've limited myself to two fields of study - fire and ice.
    Last edited by Drake Sigar; 11-04-2012 at 09:55 PM.