Page 234 of 1134 FirstFirst ... 134184224232233234235236244284334734 ... LastLast
Results 4,661 to 4,680 of 22672
    I've decided that I'm going to finish Zeno Clash once and for all. I'm past the half of the game so It shouldn't be much trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    And in the game?
    You need flowers for that

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Damn i feel so nerdy,because i know every game you suggested me and i hoped you will tell me one that i didn't know,maybe some older title which was sleeper hit or something haha :D

Otherwise i'm going to stop playing Jedi Academy,i played it and played it,hoping it will get better after some time but thats not happening,not even i have already completed 12-13 missions.
    Here you go, Die By The Sword. I can barely remember playing it but remember it as interesting with a very different way of controlling combat.
    Or you could try Hunted: Demon Forge or Demon Stone.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Damn I was stuck on level 4 of Grimrock for a long time. Does it bother anyone else that the numbers go up as you go further down?
    Last edited by sabrage; 13-04-2012 at 02:16 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    Hunted: Demon Forge
    Which is not particularly like any of the games mentioned so far.

Hunted: The Demon's Forge is basically a co-op game with two different styles of combat (ranged and melée), but it's cover-based. The nickname "Gears of Warcraft" sums it up rather well.

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Which is not particularly like any of the games mentioned so far.

Hunted: The Demon's Forge is basically a co-op game with two different styles of combat (ranged and melée), but it's cover-based. The nickname "Gears of Warcraft" sums it up rather well.
    It was just a long shot as the guy seems to have played everything else. And melée-bashy man didn't seem to need cover that much during the first hour (all I played before better things came along).

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Giaddon View Post
    Slower paced, but online and awesome (and free) is Vindictus. Combat video here.
    Just be careful of the grind, I found Vindictus to be really nasty with that and I think people I played with agreed with me.

As well as Grimrock I've been playing through Divinity II, sort of aimlessly wandering around uncovering quests and sniping at things with bow and arrow.

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Damn I was stuck on level 4 of Grimrock for a long time. Does it bother anyone else that the numbers go up as you go further down?
    All numbers must go up. This is the way of games.

Hm thats not what i had in mind,i had something more like Severance:Blade Of Darkness or Onimusha 3/DMC 3 (Yes we have those on pc ! Despite horrible graphcis gmaeplay is quite challenging and good). I need also something older because of my 3800+ AMD and x1550 ATI Radeon .. :D But its ok,i'll google out something.
    Wait, wait..... Onimusha 3's on PC?

If it's the one with Jean Reno, it is. I played it just because of Jean Reno. He makes anything better.

Sooo, I finally finished Fallout: New Vegas with all the DLC, explored all the locations, recruited all followers, did most of the quests, collected all the snowglobes, acquired untold riches, supposedly wiped out most of the wildlife, killed hundreds of people and all that took me only about 156 hours.

to wound the autumnal city.

Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    If it's the one with Jean Reno, it is. I played it just because of Jean Reno. He makes anything better.
    Jean Reno and Takeshi Kaneshiro, to be precise. I wonder how much Capcom paid to get them on the games...

Awesome game tbh

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    Wait, wait..... Onimusha 3's on PC?
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/65..._7_suggest__13

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    To bad its awful port,its on pair with Resident Evil 4 and Devil May Cry 3.

Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    See now, I'd heard that the best way to keep BR down is to never link multiple opponents on the field as doing so shows the game you're more powerful so it increases your BR. Having a high number of 'Links' on a single field/map apparently makes skills/stats increase quicker so fighting everything is useful.

It's a damn confusing game but I love it. Honestly I'd say to just attack everything and not think about stuff like battle rank. I thought I had gotten it too high and would need to grind like mad to beat the end boss, but when drunk one night I gave it a go and kicked his ass. The wiki is definitely useful though, even if just to explain the intricacies of Formations, Arcana, status effects, and why you should never bother with anything but the 'Unique Leader' types in your party.
    The Wiki (see Battle Rank Strategy) indicates you should make fights as few and as tough as you can manage. Your "never link" rumor is apparently from the Xbox version, which has much steeper difficulty. Ignoring BR management is also supposedly much more forgiving with the better balanced difficulty of the revamped PC edition.

I appreciate the anti-grinding game design because there is so much content that you really don't want to just windshield every enemy in your way. I skip as many fights as possible by observing enemy behavior/states (they may randomly be cowards or aggressors), sneaking around or behind them, running out of their line of sight, switching zones, and using timeshift to outrun those that become perma-aggro'd. If you rely on the fast-forward battle mode a lot, you're probably just fighting too much.

I like games with a long learning curve, but TLR's inherent beginner confusion is mostly just poor design and lack of polish. It really could have been so much tighter and clearer and better paced. I don't love it enough to overlook the issues, unlike say Vagrant Story which is just poorly explained (pick weapons by type, then element, then affinity, it's that simple!) but brilliant regardless.

Lesser Hivemind Node TailSwallower's Avatar
    maybe some older title which was sleeper hit or something haha :D
    Rune? I've only ever played MP at LANs where it's fast-paced melee madness, but I'm not sure how it is in SP.
    weekendwarrio.rs - We've got more games than time...

Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    Jean Reno and Takeshi Kaneshiro, to be precise. I wonder how much Capcom paid to get them on the games...

Awesome game tbh
    I thought the original Onimusha was very good. A minor console classic. I skipped the second, but the third was painfully stupid and not really interesting enough to recommend. Playable, but highly overrated IMHO.

But Jean Reno is in it!

Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Think of it this way. If you were one of the prisoners thrown into the dungeon, how would you number the floors on your own map? You have no idea how many floors there are when you first begin, so starting at a high number would require a completely arbitrary choice which would almost certainly be wrong. You'd probably start with 1 and count from there, or 0 if you were a programming rogue. Alternatively, you could start at 0 and count down through negatives, but that's functionally the same thing.

From a game design standpoint, if you started the numbering at the highest you'd be giving the players an idea of how many floors they'll be playing through, not letting them flounder as seems to be a main design point for Grimrock.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobtree View Post
    The Wiki (see Battle Rank Strategy) indicates you should make fights as few and as tough as you can manage. Your "never link" rumor is apparently from the Xbox version, which has much steeper difficulty. Ignoring BR management is also supposedly much more forgiving with the better balanced difficulty of the revamped PC edition.

I appreciate the anti-grinding game design because there is so much content that you really don't want to just windshield every enemy in your way. I skip as many fights as possible by observing enemy behavior/states (they may randomly be cowards or aggressors), sneaking around or behind them, running out of their line of sight, switching zones, and using timeshift to outrun those that become perma-aggro'd. If you rely on the fast-forward battle mode a lot, you're probably just fighting too much.
    I've read the wiki and would be inclined to trust it were it not for circumstantial evidence. I notice my BR going up faster if I link large groups together. The lack of knowledge about the game mechanics are actually one of my favourite things about it. There are many rumours but very few knowns, and that adds a nice sense of mystery to the game. For example, no one knows exactly what the unique attribute each character has does (the best guess is that it relates to 'Reassess' and 'Play By Ear').

This is about the only JRPG (and possibly RPG) where the grinding doesn't bother me, in fact I enjoy it because I love the battle system. It's quick to load, quick to play out, visually exciting, varied, and the (optional) quick-time events make it more engaging than most turn-based JRPG systems. Also, because so many people are in your party, someone usually increases in a stat or Art after each fight meaning you have the kind of rapid strength progression found in Diablo-type games. Hell, I throw this game on when between games just to waste a few hours beating up little beasties or trying to take down one of the mega-bosses (one day I'll beat the Jhana Royals).

The beginning is confusing, far more so than it should be. So much is also lacking when it comes to explaining the different types of character (especially how on PC certain types are entirely useless) or how various Arts are used or how the Arcana Arts are obtained. But by playing it you gradually learn what's going on, and the wiki is great as well. And by the end you know what's going on so well that the NewGame+ mode is pretty tempting.