Page 235 of 1205 FirstFirst ... 135185225233234235236237245285335735 ... LastLast
Results 4,681 to 4,700 of 24089
    At the moment, I am giving Baldur's Gate II another go. I started a new game with two self-made characters - an old geezer that is a mage and SPOILER the Bhaalchild /SPOILER and his trusty if maybe simple-minded Half-Orc Barbarian guard. Still a lot of fun after all this time. The game is huge, there are still sidequests that I hadn't done in the past (or just forgot about).

But... Gnnaaargh! I teamed up with Keldorn, who I had passed by in past playthroughs, made him my party leader and main tank and gave him all of my good resistance stuff. Those of you who know a bit about this character's background plot/quest might already have guessed where this is going. SPOILER Yes, I agreed to come over for a visit to his house and yes, I helped him with his little problem and YES, HE TOTALLY TOOK ALL OF STUFF. FUN TIMES!!! /SPOILER What is wrong with (fantasy) people these days?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by squirrelfanatic View Post
    What is wrong with (fantasy) people these days?
    They act like player characters?
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Offspring Fling is rather lovely.

If you're sick of puzzle platformers then i'd probably steer clear though! Unless it's just tying said puzzle platformer to some sort of narrative that irks you in which case you might find the simplicity of "save your offspring" refreshing.

It's one of those games where part of the challenge is not just completing the level but doing it in a fast time is also worthwhile. Unlocks are generous (I'm slightly over halfway through the game now an have unlocked all the levels on the selection screen. I was fairly fastidious in getting the bonus unlocks from completing the levels in set times but even if you choose not to do this I couldn't imagine facing too many roadblocks in progressing to new levels) with extra available for fast times. I think I may be reaching the point where completing the level is enough for me as occasionally I'm finding the odd level a bit finicky to do quickly but to be honest I don't think it really matters when or if you reach this point, the levels and the challenges they present are varied enough to sustain interest and fun regardless of your desire for high score chasing.

Also the soundtrack is lovely, chirpy upbeat stuff.

I'd recommend it, well worth the 8 dollar asking price and you can try it out to see if it's your thing or not (http://retroaffect.com/offspringfling/).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
    If you're sick of puzzle platformers then i'd probably steer clear though!
    I was just looking at the new releases on Steam and dear lord, if it isn't a platformer it's a tower defense game. What gives, people?
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    These days people are without imagination,sad but true.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Gave Blacklight: Retribution a go. Seems pretty good, but it's one of those Rent-a-Gun games that I just cannot ever be fudged with. Shame, really, because the gameplay is great and so are the visuals.

Test Drive Unlimited 2 is also now patched, and whilst I've had a few issues with my character's hair colour, I'm... well, not particularly impressed by this new patch. Feels a bit smoother and better, but the new clothes and cosmetics aren't particularly wondrous (and largely LOOK IT'S THE ATARI LOGO ON EVERYTHING), and the game still has a hard-on for women in heels (and slightly odd figures). Sigh.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Balls. Trying to play Sacrifice again is harder than anticipated. Game starts off fine then becomes a jerky mess with graphical glitches. Seems to be due to more AI-controlled things appearing, though it could just be related to time spent in game or amount of map travelled. Found a forum post on GOG with a fix so let's give that a go sometime (fix supposes the problem is with modern nVidia cards/drivers).

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    They act like player characters?
    Touché. :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    Balls. Trying to play Sacrifice again is harder than anticipated. .
    Does it make me a bastard that it runs like butter for me? With no effort whatsoever.

To be fair, i've not tried it since win 7 and it couldn't cope with widescreen resolutions.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I just remembered that MATRIX:Path Of Neo is quite fun beat'em up game,similar to DMC/NG,only you're fighting with fists and shit :3 Quite badass feeling,yes yes.

I've mostly played Journey this week. Astonishing game. Beautiful, emotional, life-affirming. A wonderful thing that everyone should experience at least once, I say. Yes I do.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    I just remembered that MATRIX:Path Of Neo is quite fun beat'em up game,similar to DMC/NG,only you're fighting with fists and shit :3 Quite badass feeling,yes yes.

I remember buying that after watching 1 gameplay video and not reading a single review telling me it was an average to good game, and I enjoyed every minute of it. It seemed quite long too.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    I recently rewatched the movies and reinstalled this. Couldn't play it with my 360 controller but it's good enough with the keyboard. The combat system is deep and feels good. The physics and destruction were awesome at the time. Not sure if taking the piss and breaking the fourth wall in some sections was a good decision...

This is not a PC game (but it is, at heart): Max Payne Mobile on the iOS is joy to play. It looks and sounds amazing and the touch controls are as good as they get. The more casual aproach (like optional autoaming and easier difficulty) fits the game perfectly, it's a great way to revive it.
    If you, like me, had a bad expirience with the GTA3 port, take the leap of faith and get this anyway, it's only $3 and totally worth it.
    I may agree with you that mobile gaming is for casual games, but this is most likely the first "full" game I'm actually enjoying, and I've tried many. Also I'm probably getting old but it's impressive to be running a game like Max Payne at it's fullest on a phone, I still remember my old PC struggling to get it running (the phone heats up quite a bit, mind you)
    Last edited by sopabuena; 14-04-2012 at 05:05 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Damn I was stuck on level 4 of Grimrock for a long time. Does it bother anyone else that the numbers go up as you go further down?
    Did someone mention levels?

The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    Sooo, I finally finished Fallout: New Vegas with all the DLC, explored all the locations, recruited all followers, did most of the quests, collected all the snowglobes, acquired untold riches, supposedly wiped out most of the wildlife, killed hundreds of people and all that took me only about 156 hours.
    With the Wild Wasteland perk?

Never played Path of Neo but I did play Enter the Matrix on the PS2. Fun game but could've been better.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Does it make me a bastard that it runs like butter for me? With no effort whatsoever.

To be fair, i've not tried it since win 7 and it couldn't cope with widescreen resolutions.
    The reason given for the problems is interaction with recent nVidia drivers and Win7 (something to do with wanting DirectX 7), so if you're using an ATi card or XP it should be fine. Compatability mode did nothing unfortunately so now it's up to a forum tweak involving some nVidia Inspector program.
    Annoying that the game only goes up to 1600x1200 but I can live with that - everything looks pretty still.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Went to play Company of heroes, but for some reason its not patched itself and its decided the out of date files are corrupted*, so its starting from scratch.

So I actually bothered clicking on the windows 7 "games" library, noticed the Various infinity engine games I got from Gamers Gate, booted up Icewind Dale, generated a party of Cleric/rangers (with a Paladin Diplomat and a thief trap remover/recon) That's right mama jama, raw cheese.

See, in infinity engine games I'd rather just kick back and let the combat win itself, while having a few fun toys to pop off, they will never be balanced, and they will never be strategic, so why not just get stomping or get to the meaty conversations in Planescape?

After patching up PS:T to super duper widescreen (for my fiancée to try... eventually) I noticed TOEE, a game despite praise I had similarly dismissed as a mindless stomp-a-thon despite the dubious honour of being an example of a "proper RPG" by Wizardry. Even the pathetically easy first fight showed the game was prepared to wait for me to think about what to do next, turn based and quickly resolved, I missed the option to multiclass From the off, but I don't doubt patches and fixes add stuff like that.

But yeah, its actually rather pretty, the 3D character models really make a difference to the ease on the eye. So yeah, quite excited to play that.

*or they actually are corrupted, no idea.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 14-04-2012 at 01:59 PM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Legend of Grimrock. Fantastic game. Just finished Witcher 2, Roche playthrough. Going for a Scoiatel playthrough when the Extended Edition comes out this month. Both are great games, however, and I like the strong emphasis on simple survival in Grimrock.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Legend of Grimrock has got me by the short and curlies and refuses to let go.

Fucking crabs.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR