Page 236 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238246286336736 ... LastLast
Results 4,701 to 4,720 of 24106
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    Legend of Grimrock has got me by the short and curlies and refuses to let go.

Fucking crabs.
    The mental images, plus Grimrock crabs replacing the itchy crabs.

Obscure Node
    Limited to Asus Eee PC play for a several months, so I'm playing Age of Wonders: Shadow Magic, Blocks that Matter, Braid, Terraria, Armageddon Empires, and Solium Infernum (with five meat-whistles). The longer I can hold out with the GoGs and low-spec titles the better my eventual desktop PC will be.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Bad shooters from the 1C Pack:

The Stalin Subway is really bad and really broken. The difficulty is absurd even on easy and enemies sometimes spawn behind you. They have perfect accuracy and are very hard to kill but you die very fast. The level design is really bad, I spent 20 minutes trying to find an exit. The physics are hilariously broken and I died twice thanks to crates and furniture thrown around by poltergeists.

The Stalin Subway - Red Veil is more of the same but it looks better and I think the physics are fixed. Also you play as a woman. I guess there's a market for such punishing shooters.

Snajper, aka Sniper: Path of Vengeance in the West. From the developers of Mortyr! It's using the Lithtech engine. The idiotic dirty dialogue got a chuckle out of me. When I started the game I was presented with a screen where I had to put points into various weapon specializations. The screen had only acronyms for these weapons so I had no idea what I was doing. Then the enemies spotted me from halfway across the ugly, bland map and killed me in two seconds. nope.jpg

Vivisector, a Serious Sam style game with a Dr. Moreau skin, from the developers of Cryostasis. This one's not that bad, based on the first three levels. Looks like the early Cryengine prototypes, which might have something to do with the developers that left the company and went to Crytek. The weapons so far don't feel that great. You move extremely fast. There's a scoring system. The gore is easily the highlight of the game - you can shoot off chunks of flesh from the enemies and expose the entire skeleton. I might play some more.

Just started the first Witcher. Must of walked around Vizima outskirts aout 20 times to sort them all out. The swamps are kicking my ass at the moment, considering running back to the city to do some other stuff for a bit.
    Actually quite enjoying the combat too, took me about 5 minutes to get my head around the rhythm of the clicks and stances but I think more rolling is needed to proceed.

Duck Souls again. I always tell myself that when the game's giving you cheap shots, so must you
    Last edited by Voon; 15-04-2012 at 11:14 AM.

I've been rotating through: EDGE, which is potentially a very good game (some levels have ideas just so cool) but marred by inaccurate controls that make it frustrating to play as difficulty ramps up. A pad definitely helps here but does not solve the problem entirely. There's something very weird going on there, for some reason it's easier to stay on edge using the dpad than the analog stick. I'm only about past the half mark of the normal levels and I'm already at the point where I can hardly play 2 or 3 levels in a row... and that's without even paying attention to making a decent time.

Titan Attacks, your ship starts so underpowered that the beginning is a bit of a chore (this is the only shooter I've played in recent years where you actually have to time your shots right), but gets better later.

And Eets. The cuteness in the game is well made but it's a bit hollow, doesn't ring true as in WoG. And the puzzles... can't quite put my finger on what it makes them so, but they're just uninteresting.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Lesser Hivemind Node TailSwallower's Avatar
    Played some Dungeons of Dredmor. It still hasn't grabbed me in the same way as the Binding of Isaac, but I think it's mainly because I have no idea what most of the skills do and what most of the items are for. Don't want to go to a wiki either because that tends to ruin the fun too much.

So, the middleground option: Anyone want to recommend me some starting skills and/or give me a couple of tips?
    weekendwarrio.rs - We've got more games than time...

Network Hub
    TailSwallower are you playing with permadeath? If not, I think you can just go with any skills that sounds fun and/or powerful and just save/load.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    My son builds massive town in Minecraft.

I flood it with people (who go inside at night) and chickens (who answer to no law). Sounds dull? According to my son's response I am a cross between a comedy genius and a terrorist.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    chickens (who answer to no law)
    Turns out Minecraft's a very realistic game after all.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    My son builds massive town in Minecraft.

I flood it with people (who go inside at night) and chickens (who answer to no law). Sounds dull? According to my son's response I am a cross between a comedy genius and a terrorist.
    Needs more cat.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Add communistic secret base!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Add communistic secret base!
    Needs more dancing bear.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by TailSwallower View Post
    Played some Dungeons of Dredmor. It still hasn't grabbed me in the same way as the Binding of Isaac, but I think it's mainly because I have no idea what most of the skills do and what most of the items are for. Don't want to go to a wiki either because that tends to ruin the fun too much.

So, the middleground option: Anyone want to recommend me some starting skills and/or give me a couple of tips?
    The Psionic tree is super rad to start off with, it starts with a push skill for survivability and a few points into it you get a really nice healing spell. The Big Game Hunter tree is also great to rush into a bit, since you get diggle minions to soak up damage and keep you safe with, which works pretty well for the first few floors. It's a good idea to take either smithing or archaeology with every build too (moreso archaeology if you're not going melee) since those skills also raise your trap level or something when you put points into them, which allows you more of a chance of deactivating traps, which means free XP for you.

Quote Originally Posted by shaydeeadi View Post
    Just started the first Witcher. Must of walked around Vizima outskirts aout 20 times to sort them all out. The swamps are kicking my ass at the moment, considering running back to the city to do some other stuff for a bit.
    Actually quite enjoying the combat too, took me about 5 minutes to get my head around the rhythm of the clicks and stances but I think more rolling is needed to proceed.
    Also doing this, but its more picking up after leaving for a long time. Combat bored me when I first played it, but once you get to the point where you fight large packs of mobs as opposed to one or two it gets interesting and a slight more tactical.
    Swamps are a pain.
    "Hi, I'm a flower made of DIE! Do you want the special? Its made of DEATH!"
    "Screw him! We are the wyvern gang. Cant pick us off one at a time? Awwww! Too bad! Have 6 Drowners and 2 Drowned dead on the side."

Network Hub
    Igni works really well on the flowers, as well as loading up on potions. Always load up on potions, make as many as you can, every day.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    I'm still trying to find the right mod mix for New Vegas. Project Nevada and DFB Encounters are definitely in, been dabbling with Nevada Nights. I like the light level changes and the weather, but the cartoonishly bright color palette is kind of jarring. I can't seem to find anything in the settings to tone that down, am I missing something?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    After watching my housemate play enough of Starcraft 2 to encourage me to play some of the RTS I own, I just tried a 3vs3 match on DOW2: Retribution. Our team surrendered after what felt like forever of playing. I'm not sure I did anything too wrong, but I remember that I always find these types of games overwhelming. Still enjoy them, but more "I need to be facing bots" kinda RTS player. Ah well. I'll try playing it a bit more over the next *X* of time, see if I can get into it. Failing that, I'll just get involved with the next big RTS thing that comes out. I do like the genre, I just have never really got into it online, apart from CnC3 for a little bit. Unfortunately, that game sucked. So yeah, what I'm saying is if anyone would like to play some Retribution with me against bots, that could be fun!

Also been playing Mass Effect 3 multiplayer like the world is ending the next day. Surprisingly addictive, but I sense I may be starting to flag on it a little. When the best way to get points is to grind the same map, there's little variety, but doing anything else just seems like a loss of potential time.