Page 239 of 1260 FirstFirst ... 1391892292372382392402412492893397391239 ... LastLast
Results 4,761 to 4,780 of 25184
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    The final boss is ridiculous. Sometimes he wastes time on pointless stuff allowing you to get him, and sometimes he drops a Darksteel Colossus on turn 2. It's almost completely luck against him.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Currently trying out Top Gun: Hard Lock. TB's "WTF is" gave me the same impression that the first admittedly-horrid-yet-guilty-pleasure Top Gun game had on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    It's... pretty much how I felt. I got maybe an hour or two out of it before dying and I've not cared to go back.
    I can understand that, what is left, i.e. the combat system, is not very interesting. For the tough battles you're heavily reliant on mana and in large areas you're bound to run out of it, while the easy ones are just mindless clicking. In this state the game is mostly grind and more grind.

It's been said it'll never happen due to the sheer number and detail of sprites needed to account for everything, and it'd take up way too much of their time - from Dredmor, Project Odin and anything else they're doing.
    In a way, it's a pity it was featured in a HIB so early. If that happened at a later stage of its lifecycle, perhaps they could have release the source. I have this feeling the codebase isn't exactly in a perfect state, and with the considerable following the game has, it would probably benefit a lot from more eyeballs and some love.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Network Hub
    Neverwinter Nights 2 - when this came out my PC couldn't handle the incredibly badly optimised engine. Only occured to me last week that the rig has gone through substantial improvements since then!

Playing as a bard (first time ever in a D&D game), not a huge fan of the 3.0 rules where I can level into any class at any point as I'm finding it hard to plan my levelling to get the prestige classes. Also not a fan of the fairly spasmodic party AI or the terrible interface but I'm overcoming both with some micromanagement of camera and the 'turn off ai' button. Still, glad to have four characters rather than just one and a henchman (as much as I loved SoE and Underdark).

Now I'm in NW itself I'm a little more invested in the plot and the characters, the opening sections were incredibly dull. Finding the battles quite fun though a bit of a mix of easily-overcome and impossibly-hard...currently fighting nothing but thieves and when there's 20 people backstabbing you, even the tank goes down quickly.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    There's two things I'd say with NWN2:
    1. Act I drags on far too long and will drive you crazy a bit but I'd urge you to press on and get to Act II which is where the game becomes great. It really changes after Act I, which introduces far too many plot threads and characters.

2. If you completely bounce off NWN2 - even the laster acts - still try Mask of the Betrayer. It has one of the best, most coherent stories in an RPG with some memorable characters and moments. It also has a great moral choice system which goes far deeper than rescuing the kitten in the tree or throwing stones at it - you can do horrific things. The higher-level gameplay is also arguably more fun right from the get-go.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus laneford's Avatar
    I managed to 'finish' (to my own satisfaction, at any rate) Pacman CE-DX. Which is a fabulous game.

On the otherhand, Microsoft have ruined my willpower by releasing Trials: Evolution today, which means i shall break my 2012 'no games but mass effect 3' rule for the first time, by spending 2000 magic microsoft points on that, and Fez. At least by having finished Magic as well I can vaguely justify it to myself and my backlog.

I'm weak. But excited.

Network Hub
    ~airwave~ I Fought the Law and the Law One.

After seeing this up for multiple AGS awards, I figured I'd try it out. As someone who's not particularly into music, its pretty good. Not particularly long, but some solid writing from Chandler and an interesting premise. My main complaint is the voice acting of the radio broadcaster. He seems too nervous. Possibly done on purpose to emphasise its indepentant radio, but still... too much. Musics pretty decent in general though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Did the Teeth of Naros DLC quest in Amalur, went in thinking it was a short mission but turned out to be a quest of some 3-4 hours, it had some beautiful environment and gained some epic loot from it as well.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Just tried Superbrothers: Sword and Sworcery EP

All I can say is fucking hell that game is art.

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Just tried Superbrothers: Sword and Sworcery EP

All I can say is fucking hell that game is art.
    Don't let Roger Ebert hear you say that.

Played some more Avadon, being busy slaughtering rats, spiders and bats of every shape and colour of the rainbow. I really wonder if the people who keep putting bats into video games know what a bat actually looks like.

Who could murder that?
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    It doesn't matter how cute an animal is, if it's a Giant version it needs to die. Doubly so if it is Dire.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Vampire bats are disgusting,normal bats are adorable.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    Vampire bats are disgusting,normal bats are adorable.

I enjoy this line of conversation. Bats are the best flying mammals.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    That's an ineffectual weapon.

How much Exp is that creature, anyway?
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    2. If you completely bounce off NWN2 - even the laster acts - still try Mask of the Betrayer. It has one of the best, most coherent stories in an RPG with some memorable characters and moments. It also has a great moral choice system which goes far deeper than rescuing the kitten in the tree or throwing stones at it - you can do horrific things. The higher-level gameplay is also arguably more fun right from the get-go.
    I stalled out fairly late in the game, myself. I'm curious, does Mask directly connect to the plot of the base game? How hard would it be to follow if you hadn't finished the original campaign?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Anyone tried Sniper Elite 2 Demo,its on steam. Go play it and report back :D

Trying to finish Dragon Age Origins but am getting pretty stuck defending Denerim. I get the feeling i'll need to go back to an earlier save where it was still possible for me to stock up on potions because once this section starts there are no more vendors.