Page 241 of 1138 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241242243251291341741 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,820 of 22758
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmicolor View Post
    More PSO2, got my character up to level 5 now. Will be a shame to see it wiped when the closed beta ends.
    Oh, a fellow RPSer in the beta? I made it to level 10, and I'm constantly considering holding back and not playing anymore.
    Mind you, I -ADORE- the game, we finally get a proper sequel to PSO, but I kinda feel like I'd be better off holding off and keeping the experience as fresh as possible for release.

Then I damn it all to hell, log in and head off to kill some more rappies.

Lesser Hivemind Node Juan Carlo's Avatar
    Avernum has completely sucked all of my freetime away. Another 10 hours and it will be my most played single player game ever on steam (beating out the current title holder, "Fallout New Vegas").

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I read the WIT on Avernum and I don't get what the hook is, is the combat particularly good?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    I've finally decided to give up with Burnout Paradise.

I'm closing in on the end of the A Licence, but it's... too much work, the cars handle a bit crapply, it's throwing up visual issues for me (random shadowing on the roads) and I've only just realised that the game is artificially fast.

Yawn.

Can you explain how its artificially fast to me? Do you mean how you have reduced control over your vehicle at high speed?

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Can you explain how its artificially fast to me? Do you mean how you have reduced control over your vehicle at high speed?
    No, I mean it feels as if the game has had its speed increased somehow. You know when games run faster than they should? It's like that.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Oh, a fellow RPSer in the beta? I made it to level 10, and I'm constantly considering holding back and not playing anymore.
    Mind you, I -ADORE- the game, we finally get a proper sequel to PSO, but I kinda feel like I'd be better off holding off and keeping the experience as fresh as possible for release.

Then I damn it all to hell, log in and head off to kill some more rappies.
    Yeah, I am trying to do that balancing act myself, mostly because I know my guy will get wiped when it ends, but I want to play before it ends. My char is called Kelsier on Ship 2 block 20 so if you see me around we could run things perhaps. I wonder how Sega will deal with the server lag issue though, it's really bad during Japanese prime time. But I suppose that's what a beta is for.

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    No, I mean it feels as if the game has had its speed increased somehow. You know when games run faster than they should? It's like that.
    Only when I've been able to form comparisons. I remember N64's Zelda played faster when you were inside buildings. But I'm baffled what you'd be making comparisons with.

Activated Node
    This weekend I'm playing Crusader Kings 2, the absolutely lovely Botanicula, and Theme Hospital.

Only when I've been able to form comparisons. I remember N64's Zelda played faster when you were inside buildings. But I'm baffled what you'd be making comparisons with.
    Nothing? The game feels as if it runs faster than it should. The speed feels unnatural. How else can I phrase it?

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Diablo 3 beta, somewhat more-ish but the stress testing has stopped too much exploration. Should be quite fun with a group of friends.

Mortal Kombat: the new one, I'm quite taken aback by the goodness of the single player content. I'd heard a lot of good things and it manages to live up to them. Shame it's not on pc as with my latest slight fighting game fascination it's the best one I've played yet.

Got Dungeon siege 3 for super cheaps off amazon so will be looking at playing that as well soon.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I read the WIT on Avernum and I don't get what the hook is, is the combat particularly good?
    It's a computer role-playing game.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    I have far more time in FONV than in Skyrim, even. Worse still: I don't suspect that will ever change.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Played DSIII (got it free with a new rig) and enjoyed it more than I thought I would. There is some RPG in there, some decisions to be made and they do affect the story. Enjoy!

Edit: Also, there is a chance that the engine (Onyx) will be the one used for Wasteland 2.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Playing some Wolfenstein 09. Because it's fun (and because eviltim is LPing it and it reminded me of its existence.) Never finished it, but a freshly formatted computer and most of my games no longer being installed is giving me good motivation, because I always found it a blast and have no idea why I've not finished it at least once. After that, going to replay Bioshock 2.

Network Hub
    Has anyone played Sniper Elite V2 demo and the first one? I've downloaded the demo and enjoyed it very much and now I am curious if the prequel plays similar..? I actually like that it is kinda linear and not so big as Hitman but still with the satisfying feel of me being badass assassin .

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Nothing? The game feels as if it runs faster than it should. The speed feels unnatural. How else can I phrase it?
    Best guess: vehicle mass is not enough for their size. They accelerate too quickly (braking and turning included), and apparent momentum is too little, especially at high velocity. So they seem to be miniatures instead of life sized, or to be moving in fast forward instead of at actual speed. The more an arcade game cheats at realistic physics, especially if it's very close to real but not quite, the more it may bug you over time. It's somewhat like the "uncanny valley" effect, but for vehicles.

Burnout games also have egregious rubber-banding. When boost is more useful for forcing other racers to crash (because they speed up when you do) than for making fast laps, the "racing" starts to suck. I don't recall if this is present in Paradise.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Diablo 3 beta

lags

unplayable

Quote Originally Posted by Bobtree View Post
    Best guess: vehicle mass is not enough for their size. They accelerate too quickly (braking and turning included), and apparent momentum is too little, especially at high velocity. So they seem to be miniatures instead of life sized, or to be moving in fast forward instead of at actual speed. The more an arcade game cheats at realistic physics, especially if it's very close to real but not quite, the more it may bug you over time. It's somewhat like the "uncanny valley" effect, but for vehicles.

Burnout games also have egregious rubber-banding. When boost is more useful for forcing other racers to crash (because they speed up when you do) than for making fast laps, the "racing" starts to suck. I don't recall if this is present in Paradise.
    Hmm... I think it is more useful for that. I can hit cars and they won't move much, but if you boost into the back of them they fly into walls, almost literally. Kinda fake how quickly it happens.

You could be right about the mass thing, it'd explain why some of the more powerful cars (particularly one of the unlockable Carbon models) spins around in circles if you press accelerate and why it flies into a wall if you even look at the brake pedal (or touch the steering, or do anything for that matter).

Oddly enough, I tried GTA IV: TLaD again this evening for a bit of fun, and the cars turned about as well as a breeze block-sized lump of lead would if a gnat farted against it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Negative impression with Sniper Elite 2 demo.