Page 252 of 1138 FirstFirst ... 152202242250251252253254262302352752 ... LastLast
Results 5,021 to 5,040 of 22758
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Picked up Sonic & SEGA All-Stars Racing from the GG sale.

Um... wow. Pretty good, actually. Far from perfect, but a great time killer.

Quote Originally Posted by TailSwallower View Post
    Out of interest, is their new game still going to be an RPGMaker game?
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmicolor View Post
    Maybe it'll be a PS1-style RPG thingy. There already seemed to be a jump from 8-to-16-bit through their last two games (probably intentional?) so maybe they're going 3d next :P
    Next game is another 2D JRPG, not sure if it's RPG Maker or not.

http://www.rainslickgame.com/

I can't remember when exactly I last played a RPGMaker game proper, but their custom engine might actually be cruder than that. One of my grievances with it is I couldn't find a way to quit a battle, if things go south you have to stick with it and try to do the silliest moves so the fights ends as quickly as possible. Or full-screen mode only maintains the correct aspect ratio on widescreen monitors. Mine isn't and I had to play in a window. Cherry on top? the stock pad driver doesn't have to switch to "keep the computer from sleeping" so the screensaver was kicking in every few minutes.

Anyway, I had basically the same problems in BoDVII and should've learned something: choose easy.

As for their next game, there are some screenshots on the official site: on the surface it seems different from BoDVII/CStW, but I'm afraid I can't say much more than that.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

It looks like it's using a Grandia style combat timer, which for those who haven't played a Grandia game, is a good thing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Playing with Arsenal against M. United,first half i had few good chances,same with them. Second half they dominated me like a little child,2-0..RAGEQUIT.

Getting back to Pokemon Black and... I don't know. I love Pokemon and all but I could only play them at short bursts nowadays and I really need to get a 'mon to evolve. Fuck, that game needs more interesting post-game content
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

I am just going to give up on Sniper Elite,i am in third mission and i'm trying hard to sneak but its like enemies have ultrasuper vision and they spot me from 250 meters crawling prone behind truck..its stupid and annoying,so fuck this.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    You have been waylaid by oh sod off.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Today I discovered a new layer of fake difficulty in Icewind Dale. Apparently, histachii transmit a type of disease that slowly eats away a character's health and it stops, well, never. Unless you cure that disease, that character is going to die. Did I mention that resting kills the character instantly? That means that if you didn't prepare a curing spell in advance or used them all up, it's a death penalty.
    I really have to wonder who thought that was a good idea. Doesn't help that all the fights are plain brutal at the moment and I have to rest after each one of them since either I'm out of spells or near dead. Any sort of balance is non-existent. I can pretty much only spam fireballs to keep up with the priests spamming the ridiculously overpowered hold person.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    There is a cure disease potion called Mummy's Tea. You probably have a few from the Vale of Shadows. You can also buy them at temples, I think. It's more efficient than wasting spell slots on Cure Disease.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Unistalled Sniper Elite and installed Death To Spies 2! Gonna post screenies later on.

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Dungeon siege 3: Default controls are awful but with some basic changes (camera to right mouse, a/d to strafe) we're good to go.

It's a surprisingly solid experience after hearing bad things, nothing groundbreaking but still fun if somewhat easy (most bosses walk slowly around spawning a few monsters and not doing much in the way of ranged damage whilst my rifle wielding char pops away at them) fights are just about starting to get a little more difficult after a number of hours (still no real challenge though).

My biggest gripe is that there seems to be an amount of running back and forth in locations and there is no waypoint system for fast travel. Also saving is at checkpoints, but these are so very common that it's never even been a mild concern (not sure why they're in at all tbh).

Definitely worth the 3.something that I paid for it.

Activated Node
    I've been playing little bits of games - for some reason I can't concentrate on one game for very long. First of, I've been playing the Warlock demo, which I love to bits. I've played until the turn limit quite a few times, and it's still fun. I've challenged myself to wipe everyone off the map before the fifty turns are up. I haven't quite succeeded yet, but I've managed to capture all the neutrals and the rat king.

Also, Toy Soldiers is a lot of fun as well. Controlling the turrets and vehicles makes for a nice change of pace. It's also a bit difficult, but that might be because I'm not good at TD games. A shame I have to resort to a most odd hack to make the game work at all. If I don't alt-tab before the company's logo shows up, the game crashes.

Lastly, Tribes Ascend is the second fps game ever that I've enjoyed. I still don't grasp the skiing, but predicting the movement of your opponents rarely gets boring. Also, mortar shots are amazing if they hit. I've given up on SWTOR for a while, because the story loses steam after the end of act one.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by apricotsoup View Post
    Dungeon siege 3: Default controls are awful but with some basic changes (camera to right mouse, a/d to strafe) we're good to go.

It's a surprisingly solid experience after hearing bad things, nothing groundbreaking but still fun if somewhat easy (most bosses walk slowly around spawning a few monsters and not doing much in the way of ranged damage whilst my rifle wielding char pops away at them) fights are just about starting to get a little more difficult after a number of hours (still no real challenge though).

My biggest gripe is that there seems to be an amount of running back and forth in locations and there is no waypoint system for fast travel. Also saving is at checkpoints, but these are so very common that it's never even been a mild concern (not sure why they're in at all tbh).

Definitely worth the 3.something that I paid for it.
    Glad to hear you're enjoying the game! I suggest bumping the difficulty up to hardcore, if you haven't already. That's when the game really shines.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    I am just going to give up on Sniper Elite,i am in third mission and i'm trying hard to sneak but its like enemies have ultrasuper vision and they spot me from 250 meters crawling prone behind truck..its stupid and annoying,so fuck this.
    My computer hates this game, runs it super smooth on ultra but out of nowhere minimizes to desktop and I have to kill it, guess I'll have to wait for a new driver update.

But yeah, those dudes have spidey sense and see you when you're just using your binocular to watch some birds.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    More FarCry 2.

Wow, this game is enjoyable if you don't get too hung up. Really solid shooting experience and a little mod to edit the degrading rate really helps. Still looks incredible today too.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Woundedbum View Post
    Still looks incredible today too.
    The vegetation feels more alive than in any other game IMO.
    I think it was mid-2006 when I first saw it. It was more than a year before the reveal, I'm sure of that, but after the first Crysis video. The devs were very proud of the high-res leaf textures!
    I also have vague memories of a better damage model... Not sure what exactly (I think it had something to do with deformable objects?) but what I do remember well is that when I first played the finished version in 2008 I was very angry that the destruction was dumbed down.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Woundedbum View Post
    More FarCry 2.

Wow, this game is enjoyable if you don't get too hung up. Really solid shooting experience and a little mod to edit the degrading rate really helps. Still looks incredible today too.
    So was it the speed of degrading as opposed to the existance of it which bothered you? As there is a line you can add to the game launcher to entirely remove weapon degrading (AFAIK). It never really bothered me so much as I always found it a great source of tension - having a weapon jam when you're cowering behind a tree in full knowledge that some little dickbadger is flanking you.

God I love that game. It's one of those ones where just thinking about it makes me want to replay. Also it's the only FPS/game I enjoy playing on the hardest difficulty as it changes the gameplay so much.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    I didn't like that if I picked up a gun from a dead enemy, it was almost guaranteed to jam. I don't mind it degrading - I visit gun shops fairly often to get new stuff, but I found it too little pay-off to swap out guns when it almost always broke on you.

Same here though (I've never actually completed it!) my friend was playing it on Steam and I had to re-download it...

Oh and the fire is probably one of the most awesome things in the last few years of gaming, seeing a whole pier go up still amazes me.

I never had any real problems with weapon degradation but in the end it's just another mechanic to have you drive around half the map in order to get to the next trader, just like the malaria medicine. It's not a bad thing per se but it's difficult to not become cynical about it and see it as yet another reason to master the art of avoiding the checkpoints. I had some great moment where I had an malaria attack while I was chased by mooks, I fell out of my jeep and hilarity ensued.
    Also, having explosive weapons jam on you never gets old.
    to wound the autumnal city.