Page 256 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 156206246254255256257258266306356756 ... LastLast
Results 5,101 to 5,120 of 24106
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Finished Bulletstorm,dumb a bricks,mad as frogs,sad there will never be a sequel but I'm never going to recommend it to anyone,reminded me of Trine oddly, in that it needed the refinement of a sequel to reach the dizzy heights of its potential, Trine got a sequel and as I imagined went for gold with it, we'll never know if People can Fly had the stones to make Bulletstorm all it could be.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Finished Bulletstorm,dumb a bricks,mad as frogs,sad there will never be a sequel but I'm never going to recommend it to anyone,reminded me of Trine oddly, in that it needed the refinement of a sequel to reach the dizzy heights of its potential, Trine got a sequel and as I imagined went for gold with it, we'll never know if People can Fly had the stones to make Bulletstorm all it could be.
    I disagree. I think more Bulletstorm would have had the opposite effect and instead be less good. I don't mean that as a slight against PCF, simply that any attempt to improve Bulletstorm would likely have meant you ended up with too much game.

It worked for its length - any more and I think it would have outstayed its welcome.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Just finished the third map in Sanctum. It's a fun little game. There's a nice variety of enemies and turrets to build, and the maps allow for some different viable designs - but will punish you if you mess around. The maps take a long time to complete though, perhaps a little too long. After a couple of waves, there's not much to left to do but tinker with upgrades and fix small gaps in your defence, and as the health of the enemies seems to increase at the same rate as the damage output of your upgraded turrets, the waves become a somewhat repetitive after a while.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

i'm currently playing a great deal of super monday night combat and am, surprisingly, having a lot of fun. I downloaded it a while ago and gave it a try but did not come away impressed. But i decided to give it another try last week and it is actually pretty great. I can't comment on how it compares to the first as i never played that but i think it stands well on it's own. It kinda reminds me of TF2 with the low lethality and the cartoony, humorous attitude. It's not without it's flaws though. The interface could use some improvement and, crucially,the matchmaker leaves a lot to be desired; It could really do with a server browser or something. I have also been playing loads of tribes ascend, as usual and i am slowly re-playing portal 2, gods that game is good.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Started Bastion today. It's exactly as groovy as everyone says.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    Been dabbling with some co-op Magicka, specifically The Stars Are Left, but have been having some problems. For one thing, recent patching seems to have made the game more unstable. It had been very solid when I played through it with a friend last summer, but now it seems newly rickety again, with more random crashing than I'm comfortable with. They also seem to have rather viciously rebalanced the game, rendering shields nearly useless, depowering some of my favorite combinations, and generally making it incredibly difficult to kill anything. In all, it's remarkably frustrating for a return to a game I had previously adored. Advice welcome.
    Most of the spells learned from spellbooks are gone, if I remember correctly. Armors are very effective against most of the damage, just make sure to splash in (haha) some waterresistance. Many enemies react nicely to the lightning element (lightning-wall can be used offensively pretty often). But I have to agree, the DLC is harder than the original game. Stability-wise, I always had problems, so I count it as a plus that the checkpoints now actually work.

Personally, I had the most problems with the mini-bosses and the end boss. But I've also heard reports from people who beat that last one in a few moments.
    Last edited by Squiz; 06-05-2012 at 12:55 AM.
    Forum janitor in training.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    So that's Alpha Protocol done and I think I'm loving the game even more than before. In fact, I just started up Mass Effect 2 again with plans to take my infiltrator character from ME1 through, doing all the DLC content for the first time, and the controls feel weird. ME2 has more realistic weight to things than AP had, and I'm not sure I like it as much. Shepard feels very cumbersome to control and the camera does some awful things.

Also the weird thing is that, although if I was asked to say which is the better game then I'd say ME2 I'd say AP is more fun to play and probably preferable. And that's discounting plannet scanning because I've used an editor to give me 500000 of each mineral because fuck that minigame until it dies (savegame editors ftw!).
    I think I prefer the style of AP. How there are so few conversations where you can go back to the main part of a tree and select each option - there's no "Investigate" option like there tends to be in ME games. And I hate that option because the universes Bioware creates aren't interesting enough for me to care, especially on a replay, and I'm only going through it in case it influences other things. In fact I think I'm going to try playing ME2 all the way through without once doing an "Investigate", wonder how that'll work out.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    The problem with Mass Effect is that it never truly embraced neutrality or alternative thinking to Space Jesus or Earth Rocks, you sux! philosophies. Take for example the ending to Mass Effect 1. [Spoilers hooooo!]I chose to hold back the fleet to give the best shot at Sovereign.[/spoilers unhoooo!] Tactically, it seemed like the most sensible thing to do, but come the next game, I apparently hate aliens. Wha!? No I don't! I like aliens, that's why I tried to save them! Nope, just get lumped in with the renegade option and have done. I was pretty disappointed by that. More games need to embrace a neutral or alternative thinking, or hey, grey and grey morality. There shouldn't be a right or wrong way of dealing with something, merely significant consequences one way or another.

I've yet to play Alpha Protocol, although it does sit installed. I'm eagerly awaiting the play-through because I'm told it delivers this well.