Page 259 of 1156 FirstFirst ... 159209249257258259260261269309359759 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,180 of 23114
    Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodeen View Post
    Yeah, I hate that 'breaking items' mechanic. The releases through Steam pretty much function just like a regulator emulator, which means savestates, but I'm trying not to abuse them. I thought the Wii method with destructible savestates works pretty well.

Savestates is actually a serious hampering for Comix Zone. I've made the mistake of having a savestate where i've backed myself into a corner basically. :D

Ideal save times are at the beginning of each level, post hp potion, pre puzzles (Use the dynamite or Hercules for the fan) and before entering a double sized panel which usually means a series of fights or mini boss. Mercifully, the bosses are surprisingly easy compared to getting to them. Pro tip: panels where you can hang from something is a very good thing, the baddies tend to not be very good at landing hits on you when you're dangling and dual kicking their heads in. :)

Also, blockblockblockblockblock, jump kick are your friends. As is the kick combo which ends with a powerful high kick which slams them into panel walls.

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin
    Half life 2: Episode 1
    Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay
    The Binding of Issac

Quote Originally Posted by khaz View Post
    Savestates is actually a serious hampering for Comix Zone. I've made the mistake of having a savestate where i've backed myself into a corner basically. :D

Ideal save times are at the beginning of each level, post hp potion, pre puzzles (Use the dynamite or Hercules for the fan) and before entering a double sized panel which usually means a series of fights or mini boss. Mercifully, the bosses are surprisingly easy compared to getting to them. Pro tip: panels where you can hang from something is a very good thing, the baddies tend to not be very good at landing hits on you when you're dangling and dual kicking their heads in. :)

Also, blockblockblockblockblock, jump kick are your friends. As is the kick combo which ends with a powerful high kick which slams them into panel walls.
    I'm restricting myself to beginning of the level. I'm still on level 3, but I've almost got it, I think the next attempt will be successful. Thanks for the rest of the tips, I'll keep those in mind.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I sat and devoured what feels like half of alice (spoilers: i'm in the sea)but god knows, its very pretty.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Legacy of Kain: Soulreaver
    The rose tinting has worn off. The water temple place has got to be one of the most hatefully designed levels I've known in years. I swear it was not THIS bad all those years back!

Obscure Node
    Finished first Act of Diablo 2 today. It holds up quite well these days, especially when played at a higher resolution. But Diablo 3 has made so many quality of gaming life improvements, it's still a frustrating experience. Having to click to pick up every single pile of gold gets old real fast. Spamming health potions when in a tough fight isn't all that exciting.

Anyway, I'll push on and play through all acts until the 15th, so I'm properly lored up.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post
    Legacy of Kain: Soulreaver
    The rose tinting has worn off. The water temple place has got to be one of the most hatefully designed levels I've known in years. I swear it was not THIS bad all those years back!
    I didn't even make it out the first level, controls and camera were so frustrating I gave up.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Back on to Crusader Kings 2. Started a new game as I got distracted from my both of my last two starts (maybe I'll actually keep it going for once, despite loving the game I'm easiily distracted). Gone for the Byzantine Empire this time. Seem to have quite an interesting second character. He's converted from Greek Orthodox to Portugese Catholic thanks to his tutor so people tend to dislike him but he has an absolutely amazing martial stat. I'm manouvering to try and get him made marshal (my current liege is known as "the Ill" so I've been sending gifts to his son to butter him up in anticipation of a quick succession) as I've not really got anybody I can legitimately crush with my superior military skills. I do enjoy frivolously deciding things for characters. While converting back to a Greek Orthodox culture would be the sensible way to "game" it (I've got more than enough prestige to not worry about the cost of it) I've decided that he's too proud to change (he does have the pride trait after all!). It's very rare in a game that I'd ever stick with arbitrary potential flaws like this and it's one of the game's great strengths that it's actually quite compelling to do such things.

Hopefully my Uncle doesn't try and plot and kill me again, I've already stopped him once, the conniving shit!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Finished War in the North in a 3 player co-op run. If you have an interest in what is basically a 3rd person Diablo give it a go, it's a game that is faithful to the Lord of the Rings universe and fits in rather nicely with the story. Couple of weird glitches, but it was very fun, the combat was actually incredibly satisfying to play. Glad I bought it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Do you think War in the North is worth playing alone?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Hmm, depends how much you want to know about LoTR/how much you enjoy the lore. It's a fun game with very satisfying combat, it's just not particularly deep. The second playthrough is very fun too. If you can get it cheap, I'd say yes.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Last I looked it was $10 on Impulse.

http://www.impulsedriven.com/lotrwin

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Playing Dungeon Siege 3. It reminds me of Saints Row 2 or All Points Bulletin or Hunted: The Demon's Forge in that you appear to be in command of a cadre of Hooker Vigilante Justice Babes, who forgo bulky armor or clothing in favor of the defensive powers of snark.

My protagonist is a Russian-esque femme fatale whose chest is so... prominent and whose voice is so... breathy. Her outfit - mini-jacket, bustier, hotpants, stockings, six inch heels - is not the most streetwalker in the game. In fact, I just found a companion NPC whose disposition is quite "Valkyrie" and whose outfit is a very breasty breastplate and leggings that are in the process of being eaten whole by her ass.

Gameplay's fun, tho.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Hunted: The Demon's Forge in that you appear to be in command of a cadre of Hooker Vigilante Justice Babes, who forgo bulky armor or clothing in favor of the defensive powers of snark.
    Well, considering E'lara is "supposed" to be ranged, she can get away with wearing strips of leather. Not saying it's entirely practical, but then again the bloke doesn't wear much either.

Edit: oh god what am i doing argh

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Well, considering E'lara is "supposed" to be ranged, she can get away with wearing strips of leather. Not saying it's entirely practical, but then again the bloke doesn't wear much either.

No, no. She has a forcefield of pure snark! It's a universe with magic, and if I'm going to have magic, I want sarcasm to warp gravity. With any hope, somebody will weaponize it and epic one-liners will quite literally save the day!
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Hunted was the most British American fantasy game I've played. It's just sarcasm, wit and Graham McTavish.

LISTEN TO ME MOAN ABOUT THINGS WHILST SMASHING THIS ENEMY IN THE FACE

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Resistance is futile. Soon you too will be dressing up your RPG characters for maximum sluttiness.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Elphis Adventure, i'm a suck*r for cute little girls :/
    --under construction--

Quote Originally Posted by ChiYeon View Post
    Elphis Adventure, i'm a suck*r for cute little girls :/

Lesser Hivemind Node
    WHY WON'T MY HELPERS SEND THE GRAIN TO MY PIGFARMS?!!??_)S* )AU SOGHLAS

Distribution of goods screen! It makes things worse!

Damn you Settlers 2: Gold Edition! Damn you!