Page 263 of 1205 FirstFirst ... 163213253261262263264265273313363763 ... LastLast
Results 5,241 to 5,260 of 24089
    Quote Originally Posted by Pertusaria View Post
    I prefer Dredmor, at least so far, because of the turn-based thing
    The thing about Dredmor that absolutely boggles my mind is the absurd number of substats with nearly indecipherable icons and hard to remember names. The supposedly harder traditional roguelikes are significantly more streamlined than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Malawi Frontier Guard View Post
    No, Isaac isn't significantly luck-based. (...)
    I liked this post, thank you.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Nexuiz:
    YAY! An arena shooter thats fast paced and feels like a game of old!
    BOO! An arena shooter that has a whole pile of my old pet peeves with arena shooters!

Not bad and nice someone actually made it. Looks very nice yet as a result seems to suffer from the visual clutter that UT3 and Hard Reset had. Also movement feels weird (though I say that about any deathmatch FPS I've only just started playing) and the lack of feedback to the player is rather wonky. Also it has an achievement for reading the manual! WHY?

Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post
    Nexuiz:
    Also it has an achievement for reading the manual! WHY?
    It's an easy way for the developer to see how many people actually care to read the manual.
    Old hat! A Steam curator page focusing on Immersive Sims WIP
    Antique! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Recently updated! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

to wound the autumnal city.

Activated Node
    Conflict of Heroes: Awakening the Bear - So far a very good tactical wargame. Mechanics abstracted, not a hard core muzzle velocity, bullet rendering sim. Each to learn the rules with the good tutorial. I read the manual, but the tutorials may have been good enough so I didn't really need to.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Company of Heroes is proof I got old. Back when it was launched I got pretty far into the campaign but now the sixth mission overwhelms me.
    I can't micromanage anymore. I just panic. Whenever shit gets real or I have to manage two fights, I don't know how to react. It's also exhausting.
    ON EASY.
    Shamefur dispray!

I honestly feel really bad about this :(

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Company of Heroes is proof I got old. Back when it was launched I got pretty far into the campaign but now the sixth mission overwhelms me.
    I can't micromanage anymore. I just panic. Whenever shit gets real or I have to manage two fights, I don't know how to react. It's also exhausting.
    ON EASY.
    Shamefur dispray!

I honestly feel really bad about this :(
    I vacillate between beating the pants off an expert AI and having trouble with a hard AI, and mostly it's not because I have to micro but because when I play against hard AIs, I just want to dick around with my favorite units, and the AI just produces endless direct counters to said units.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Activated Node
    I decided to scrap The Witcher. I just couldn't bring myself to care about what was going on and just didn't feel invested in the gameplay or in the story. Now I've started playing Deus Ex: Human Revolution. I'm not in love with it but I'm certainly enjoying it. I just finished the first boss fight (I now understand why they are so maligned). I really enjoy the dialog for some reason. Most dialog tree systems frustrate me. I always feel like I'm forced to either be an absolute ass, or a pushover. I don't get this same feeling here, I feel like all of the options are reasonable to some degree and I can imagine choosing any one on a different playthrough (I generally like to be consistent with my player's actions). I am however curious, how much do your dialog choices effect the game?

Still no CS:GO beta access... I've been dying to get my hands on it but I just haven't had any luck. You can bet I'd be playing the hell out of that if I got in.

Lesser Hivemind Node Juan Carlo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CrinnyCow View Post
    I am however curious, how much do your dialog choices effect the game?
    You can sometimes talk people into giving you extra stuff via dialogue (which will also sometimes unlock achievements--usually by using the pheromone enhancement thing) or sometimes take shortcuts by talking your way through stuff. But apart from occasionally affecting the fate of some characters in side quests it doesn't have much effect on the plot that I remember (i.e. you'll never be able to drastically alter the outcome of the game via dialogue).

(very minor spoilers)

Personally, the only time I enjoyed playing Deus Ex:HR was when I managed to save the pilot chick on the hardest difficulty without killing anyone. That sequence was awesome and a very good challenge if you wanted to stay non-lethal (I felt like batman at the end of "The Dark Knight" when he takes out that entire swat team without killing anyone). Most of the rest of the game underwhelmed me, though.
    Last edited by Juan Carlo; 12-05-2012 at 07:33 AM.

Obscure Node
    Playing the PoE open beta. Having fun.

153s0a9.jpg

Lesser Hivemind Node agentorange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Freud View Post
    Playing the PoE open beta. Having fun.

153s0a9.jpg
    I just got done trying the PoE beta. The chat was certainly the most memorable part. Within 30 seconds I was called a faggot for not playing Diablo 3. Then there was a GPU comparison war started when someone said weren't getting 150 fps when they should be.

Activated Node
    Most of the time people are quite civil in chat and you have devs talking too. Plus, you can disable it if you're so hyper-sensitive to people talking in an ungentlemanly manner.

Fuck Basilisks.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Quote Originally Posted by Voon View Post
    Fuck Basilisks.
    Is that legal?

Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post
    Is that legal?
    No, I don't mean that. It's just everytime I get down to that goddamn sewer, I didn't have time to dodge their breath that turns me into stone. Worst still, I get invaded during that time and haven't had the time to kill them before they do that. Fuck them.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Currently playing Space Marine which I bought in a Steam sale some time ago.
    Although reviews weren't all that good, I actually quiet enjoy it. I'm into Warhammer (40k) a bit, so that might be a reason. Being that much a fan of the universe to understand what is going on, but not fan enough to know every detail they might have screwed up. Currently I'm at Chapter 10 of 17, Chaos forces just appeared and so far I am having a lot of fun.
    One thing I hate though is that I am playing on "Hard" and the game is hardly (pun intended) giving me a hard time. I died only a few times so far and not because it was a challenge but I did not know the amount of enemies coming at me. After I knew the incoming waves I knew which weapons to use when and then it was easy in the second try. So far at least, so I hope it get a bit harder in the last chapters.

All the recent Xenonauts talk drove me to start a new game of X-Com, which has so far played out at its tragicomic best. In the two most recent missions, I lost my entire team, not to mention a perfectly-good skyranger and thousands of dollars worth of equipment, to a single grenade thrown from the shadows, then all but one member of their completely new, completely green replacement squad during a response to a terror raid in Havana that went catastrophically wrong. In short, chrysalids were involved.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    Currently playing Space Marine which I bought in a Steam sale some time ago.
    Although reviews weren't all that good, I actually quiet enjoy it. I'm into Warhammer (40k) a bit, so that might be a reason. Being that much a fan of the universe to understand what is going on, but not fan enough to know every detail they might have screwed up. Currently I'm at Chapter 10 of 17, Chaos forces just appeared and so far I am having a lot of fun.
    One thing I hate though is that I am playing on "Hard" and the game is hardly (pun intended) giving me a hard time. I died only a few times so far and not because it was a challenge but I did not know the amount of enemies coming at me. After I knew the incoming waves I knew which weapons to use when and then it was easy in the second try. So far at least, so I hope it get a bit harder in the last chapters.
    I don't mean to spoil it, but it doesn't.

And you will be sick to the back teeth of the combat soon enough.

The Secret World beta. Nothing I would pay a monthly fee for (well, I wouldn't do that for a lot of things), but entertaining and some nice references to other people's work. Maybe a little bit too silly with the references. The scariest thing is the start-up though. Twice I winced because I got suprised by the sudden jingle that plays when the launcher has finished loading. Lovecraftian.
    Forum janitor in training.

Network Hub
    Path of Exile.

It is bloody amazing. This is definitely the year of the action RPG (or whatever you want to call the genre Diablo popularized); it's just a shame they are all releasing so close to one another.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Splinter Cell Conviction

I watched Haywire today and it got me in the mood for Conviction.
    The one big flaw: underpowered weapons. They're utter crap. The game wants to be like an action flick but it's sabotaged by its weapons. The stealth is good enough but whenever it's Action Time everything falls apart. That's a damn shame because it feels like I should be able to pull off awesome moves, but then I shoot a dude point blank and he barely flinches.