Page 264 of 1184 FirstFirst ... 164214254262263264265266274314364764 ... LastLast
Results 5,261 to 5,280 of 23661
    Obscure Node
    The most annoying part about Path of Exile is the camera. It's way too zoomed in, even at maximum distance. Also walls aren't transparent when you/enemies are behind them which is a bit annoying. Otherwise the graphics are nice and it is a very nice general mood to the game.

Not a fan of the map either. Diablo 2 is over a decade old and that type of map sucked even back then.

The game systems themselves are pretty good. I like the flasks and the ability to switch skills as you please. I do suspect all the accumulated % increases from gear/the skill tree will turn into a balancing nightmare for them at higher levels when people have multipliers of 1000s of percent.

But it is an early beta and very polished already. It will be interesting to see where it ends up. It's absolutely a promising start.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Freud View Post
    The most annoying part about Path of Exile is the camera. It's way too zoomed in, even at maximum distance. Also walls aren't transparent when you/enemies are behind them which is a bit annoying. Otherwise the graphics are nice and it is a very nice general mood to the game.
    I just encountered this in the forest -- the trees tend to block my view. I don't mind the zoomed in look, personally, but I do wish they make the objects transparent. Who knows, maybe they'll decide to change it.

Not a fan of the map either. Diablo 2 is over a decade old and that type of map sucked even back then.
    The overlay map? I quite like it myself. There is an option to place the map in the upper right corner so its available at all times. Haven't had much problems in this area.

The game systems themselves are pretty good. I like the flasks and the ability to switch skills as you please. I do suspect all the accumulated % increases from gear/the skill tree will turn into a balancing nightmare for them at higher levels when people have multipliers of 1000s of percent.

But it is an early beta and very polished already. It will be interesting to see where it ends up. It's absolutely a promising start.
    I definitely agree with all of this. I'm blown away by how polished this is; this honestly feels like a retail game. The amount of content in the first two acts alone is more than the size of most game's entire single player campaigns.

I didn't expect anything going in and I'm just blown away.

Supposedly Act 3 is almost ready for release as well.

I'm currently playing Commandos 2.

Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Company of Heroes is proof I got old. Back when it was launched I got pretty far into the campaign but now the sixth mission overwhelms me.
    I can't micromanage anymore. I just panic. Whenever shit gets real or I have to manage two fights, I don't know how to react. It's also exhausting.
    ON EASY.
    Shamefur dispray!

I honestly feel really bad about this :(
    My feelings exactly. Though, I'm on my first playthrough... And on Easy, I'm stuck. Damn the Nebelwerfers. Damn them to hell.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    You guys realise you can pause CoH and issue orders? It's the key with "pause" written on it.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    You guys realise you can pause CoH and issue orders? It's the key with "pause" written on it.
    That hardly helps when the entire set-up is built around too many conflicting goals. Defend this town square from an attack! But if you want your guys to live more than two minutes, destroy the GODDAMN Nebelwerfers which are conveniently located in three different locations behind the attacking forces deep in the FoW! Defend while you're attacking! Attack while defending!

BURMA!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Tested COH on my shitty setup and it works well enough for playing,i get about 74 fps on 1280x1024 res. Now i'm going to install COH Anthology and i hope i won't have problems with the game,because i remember setting up the game and i needed to download 15 patches,then harrase people on official forum because my account didn't worked.. Wish me good luck xD

Finished Caves Of ZZT now to get to work on Dungeon Of which I really shouldn't be doing because I've got my own damn game to work on.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    I don't mean to spoil it, but it doesn't.

And you will be sick to the back teeth of the combat soon enough.
    Yeah, I feared that. Those low review scores have to come from somewhere... Combat really is a bit... "uninspired".

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    Yeah, I feared that. Those low review scores have to come from somewhere... Combat really is a bit... "uninspired".
    I would suggest the lower scores come from dull combat, an inconsistent difficulty curve and - well - if you finish it then you'll find out.

More Far Cry 2. Oh there is an another map??? Whoa. Guess I should've played it a bit more back then...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Playing Warlock, but it's a bit easy?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Velko View Post
    More Far Cry 2. Oh there is an another map??? Whoa. Guess I should've played it a bit more back then...
    New weapons in the shop too, although watch out for the crazy bastard with a mortar along the lakeshore. That guy is a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    New weapons in the shop too, although watch out for the crazy bastard with a mortar along the lakeshore. That guy is a dick.
    Doesn't he appear just for a mission? But yes, he's a dick.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    I played through the ending of ME3 with a few friends. Y'all a bunch of whiny babies, it wasn't that bad. (It helped that I had no idea what was going on.)

Nemesis is still handing my ass to me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Splinter Cell Conviction

I watched Haywire today and it got me in the mood for Conviction.
    The one big flaw: underpowered weapons. They're utter crap. The game wants to be like an action flick but it's sabotaged by its weapons. The stealth is good enough but whenever it's Action Time everything falls apart. That's a damn shame because it feels like I should be able to pull off awesome moves, but then I shoot a dude point blank and he barely flinches.
    Seriously? Have you tried the unlock guns you can get from the extras menu.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Doesn't he appear just for a mission? But yes, he's a dick.
    Nooope. The prescient dickbag is always there, waiting. Always waiting.

That mission throws in an RPG guy or two who don't appear otherwise.

Oh. Mind you, pretty much everyone in FC2 is a dick.

"Oh, you're just wandering around here and not wanting to shoot us? KILL HIM!"

To makes things worse, dudes in cars are relentless. I swear, they'll even try to run me over even I lead them over a cliff
    Last edited by Voon; 13-05-2012 at 03:20 PM.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Played a bit of The Secret World beta.

The ambience, setting, characters, eveything is fantastic, and you can clearly feel Tornquist's hand in all of it... until you get to the combat. My god is the combat dreadfully BORING.
    I can't help but feel this game would work wonderfully as a single player open world experience with a different kind of combat system that doesn't need to adapt to MMO tropes.