Page 265 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 165215255263264265266267275315365765 ... LastLast
Results 5,281 to 5,300 of 24111
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    I wish they didn't just drive cars and jeeps. I want to see them being aggressive asshole on those quadbikes, dune buggies, hang gliders and zebras. They could have been the new cliff racers.

Lesser Hivemind Node TailSwallower's Avatar
    (3rd time trying to post this... Apparently marking two separate things in bold causes the forum software to crash Firefox? Either that or Amanita Design's spelling... [It did in fact happen again, but I was able to Restore Saved Content this time...])

Machinarium and Botanicula.

Machinarium looks gorgeous and the sound is great... But goddamn it is an annoyingly adventure-gamey adventure game. I know what I'm meant to do, but I can't figure out what strange combination of actions and items the developers had in mind. Doubt I'll push ahead with it because I lost all my progress due to the menu options along the bottom of the screen getting cut off on this netbook. It can go on the back(log)burner.

Botanicula... Wow. First off, they've made it so the screen scales, which I guess is a response to the aforementioned issue. And then the game itself - everything is completely delightful - the sounds, the music, the animation, the characters, the look. Everything is completely delightful. I'm not sure of the last time I played a game that plastered my face with that particular look of joy. And it runs perfectly on my netbook, so that's a bonus.
    weekendwarrio.rs - We've got more games than time...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Seriously? Have you tried the unlock guns you can get from the extras menu.
    ...WHY ARE THEY HIDDEN THERE?

Will try them as soon as I finish this abysmal Iraq mission.
    Highlight of the game so far: Sam Fisher asking a dude on the phone if the explosions in the background remind him of something.
    "Yeah. Iraq."
    FLASHBACK TIME!!!

This is so bad it's... bad.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TailSwallower View Post
    But goddamn it is an annoyingly adventure-gamey adventure game.
    i actually didn't think it was too bad, largely because most of the time when you failed you did it in such a cute way that it made you want to get solutions wrong first to see what happens (always the sign of a good adventure game when it can still entertain you when being wrong). But yeah, there were a couple of iffy moments, not least another bloody Tower of Hanoi puzzle. Adventure game designers should be banned from ever using puzzles of that style on pain of, well, a slap in the face at least!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Played a bit of The Secret World beta.

The ambience, setting, characters, eveything is fantastic, and you can clearly feel Tornquist's hand in all of it... until you get to the combat. My god is the combat dreadfully BORING.
    I can't help but feel this game would work wonderfully as a single player open world experience with a different kind of combat system that doesn't need to adapt to MMO tropes.
    It seems all MMO's can do only one of the two things right, gameplay or it's setting.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambchops View Post
    i actually didn't think it was too bad, largely because most of the time when you failed you did it in such a cute way that it made you want to get solutions wrong first to see what happens (always the sign of a good adventure game when it can still entertain you when being wrong). But yeah, there were a couple of iffy moments, not least another bloody Tower of Hanoi puzzle. Adventure game designers should be banned from ever using puzzles of that style on pain of, well, a slap in the face at least!
    The Tower of Hanoi one wasn't that bad... The sliding bead puzzle was a nightmare though.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    It seems all MMO's can do only one of the two things right, gameplay or it's setting.
    Yeah, and it's a pity; I think I'm going to skip this one.
    The story is good, and I really mean good, it's filled with characters I want to know more of, a story that I want to see unfold, a lot of lovecraftian horror, and the only 2 locales that are being shown are both breath-taking. That Kingsmouth village you're sent to actually fells like a village, and not 4 scattered huts like most MMOs tend to do.
    I'd love to explore the game and it's story more, I really would, but I don't think I can do so through such a downer of a combat.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    ...WHY ARE THEY HIDDEN THERE?

Will try them as soon as I finish this abysmal Iraq mission.
    Highlight of the game so far: Sam Fisher asking a dude on the phone if the explosions in the background remind him of something.
    "Yeah. Iraq."
    FLASHBACK TIME!!!

This is so bad it's... bad.
    Iraq is the single weakest part of the game, you aren't even Sam.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Finally pushed on in DA2. I'm in the last act, and I can definitely feel things coming to a narrative close even though I'm likely a good few hours from the end (and not just because I've found some pieces of the 'main' armour set).

That said, it feels shallow at times. It hasn't connected all the dots when it should do (for example, I'm romancing Waify and she's <3, but Hawke completely forgets about her during dialogue, such as when she refers to Anders as "the only good mage in Kirkwall" during one of his 'base' conversations), and that makes a lot of choices and decisions feel hollow. Some conversations are really, really well done, but it's not always that great.

And the morality system is farkled. Anyone who's done the entirety of those Bone Pit quests may possibly understand what I mean with regards to talking to Hubert about it, particularly towards the end of that quest line.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Iraq is the single weakest part of the game, you aren't even Sam.
    That bits not even that bad, plus it takes 5-10 minutes, tops.

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    That Kingsmouth village you're sent to actually fells like a village, and not 4 scattered huts like most MMOs tend to do.
    Kingsmouth was a delight. I was having so much fun exploring and learning about the town but the annoying mobs meant I had to stop every to mash 1 and 2 for 30 seconds before I could continue on.
    Open-faced sandwiches are upon you whether you would risk it or not.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Speaking of "annoyingly adventure gamey adventure games" i spotted The Dream Machine on Steam and remembering it had got a fair bit of praise decided to give it a shot. Only played the first chapter so far and have a feeling it's just laying the groundwork.

On the plus side the art is excellent (claymation must be so horribly time consuming!) and the atmosphere manages to feel both rooted in reality but naggingly unsettling. It definitely draws you in and makes you want to play more so consider the groundwork well layed! However considering its short length that it's not so promising that it has managed to throw in a couple of missteps that should be gotten rid of in modern day adventures (puzzle spoilers ahead, but really you'll be grateful for them if you do pick up the game!). First there's a terrible switch shifting puzzle involving a circuit board that just doesn't set itself up particularly well and even if it had would have been tedious (though at least it wasn't a felect the beam of light puzzle I suppose, though I honestly wouldn't be suprised if one of those bloody things crops up later). Secondly it pulls the "the item you need is in a place you are unlikely to look even though something else in your inventory would probably do the job" trick. There's a key through an ajar window you have to pick up. Obviously I assumed I could use either the letter or envelope I had to slide under the jey but alas what I should have done was look for a coat hanger in a sofa stuck in the door that I'd previously assumed was simply a plot device to stop me leaving the apartment block I live in. Obviously.

It's a shame that such nonsense mars what is otherwise a very interesting experience and hopefully they either vastly improve the puzzles or just ditch them altogether in the further installments.

Niggles aside I'm looking forward to playing a bit more of this.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Woundedbum View Post
    That bits not even that bad, plus it takes 5-10 minutes, tops.
    I know, its not "that bad" but I freaking love deniable ops mode, that's quite a gulf.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Hey, I made a post to enquire where the shotcast was a couple of weeks ago; then my account was banned [permanently with no reason specified] and a shotcast has appeared a few days later.

What's the problem with this forum? Why have I been banned with no reason specified? I was not rude or abusive in any way at all. This is a poor way to manage a community. I was a new poster and have not been involved in any of the silly bitchiness or arguments that tend to go on in these forums and the comments pages. Bots still rampage through the comments and the forums. Sorry, but now I feel I can't believe people make a "living" from this site!

Quote Originally Posted by enter0the0void View Post
    Hey, I made a post to enquire where the shotcast was a couple of weeks ago; then my account was banned [permanently with no reason specified] and a shotcast has appeared a few days later.

What's the problem with this forum? Why have I been banned with no reason specified? I was not rude or abusive in any way at all. This is a poor way to manage a community. I was a new poster and have not been involved in any of the silly bitchiness or arguments that tend to go on in these forums and the comments pages. Bots still rampage through the comments and the forums. Sorry, but now I feel I can't believe people make a "living" from this site!
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/foru...gun-Discussion

Thanks but it isn't possible for new users to post threads. I can only assume that is what you are implying with your thoughtful contribution; however yes, perhaps I should have put it in the feedback thread which otherwise hasn't been updated for a month. Apologies.

Network Hub
    Spent the day playing TERA so far.

Its ok. Combat system is a lot of fun, rest of the game apes World of Warcraft too much for it be a serious contender in the genre.

I get a great sense of delight out of being a small raccoon/man hybrid tasked with saving everyone over and over; it is a ridiculous premise that somehow works. I'd certainly never ask my character to do anything, he can barely hold his sword!

As always, the player base in these sorts of games is horrid; general chat is full of children. Luckily, a lot of the game can be played solo, and they have a dungeon finder so you can easily find a group for an instance.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by enter0the0void View Post
    my account was banned
    Trigger-happy mod saw your username.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Anders questioned my relationship with Merrill in Dragon Age 2.

fak u andsre

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Anders questioned my relationship with Merrill in Dragon Age 2.

fak u andsre
    Of course he did. She's a blood mage, and a rather enthusiastic one at that. The entire game up until that point was him sermonizing "DUDE YOU'RE NOT HELPING" to every blood mage you come across.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen