Page 267 of 1239 FirstFirst ... 167217257265266267268269277317367767 ... LastLast
Results 5,321 to 5,340 of 24766
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    I think you're mixed up in your lore, Althea. Abominations are demons. Possessions are by demons. Demons happen when you use blood magic, because blood magic can only be learned by making pacts with demons, and the demons are only too happy to oblige because usually the very next thing the mage does is summon more demons.

Merrill's kind of a "the nice guy asked me to take this ticking suitcase onto the flight" brand of naivete.
    It's pretty easy to argue that if you refuse to teach your mages about blood magic other than 'don't use blood magic it's awful' they'll be woefully unprepared to handle the risks of it should they be foisted upon them. Remember that the harrowing is to prove a mage can resist the lure of demons, who will approach the mage regardless. Being well educated as to the risks, nature, and effects of blood magic would likely make one safer around blood magic than a blundering newbie who just wants some extra kick to their spells so they can do some real good. After all, it's not like it's tough for mages to meet demons and learn blood magic - they just need to have a nap.

Currently playing Thief: Gold for the first time ever.

I know.

Quote Originally Posted by roryok View Post
    Currently playing Thief: Gold for the first time ever.

I know.
    Somehow I envy you. There are games I would dearly love to play "for the first time" again.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by eRa View Post
    I really liked Anders in Awakening and was excited when I heard that he'd return. But what they did to him in DA2 is horribad, even more horribad than the constant recycling of areas.
    It's because they changed who wrote him between games. He went from one of Bioware's better writers to one of their worst (imo) and it really shows.

Definitely agree with what you wrote; Anders went from a favorite character in Awakenings to one I couldn't stand. It's a shame because with a better writer, he could have shined.

Gaider claims he set it in stone that this is how Anders was always supposed to turn out before he stopped writing him, but I think even with better writing the whole scenario would have turned out a lot better.
    Last edited by Roufuss; 14-05-2012 at 04:22 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Wrote message to THQ support about COH,that was yesterday and still they didn't replied. I want to play COH today -.-

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Wrote message to THQ support about COH,that was yesterday and still they didn't replied. I want to play COH today -.-
    Yesterday was Sunday in the US, they probably weren't in the office.

THQ probably has a barebones support staff as it is due to their issues, so it may take awhile even on a weekday to hear back from them.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Roufuss View Post
    Gaider claims he set it in stone that this is how Anders was always supposed to turn out before he stopped writing him, but I think even with better writing the whole scenario would have turned out a lot better.
    Yeah, but Gaider wouldn't know what consistency was if it slapped him in the face.

With a mace.

That's spiked.

And white-hot.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    It's pretty easy to argue that if you refuse to teach your mages about blood magic other than 'don't use blood magic it's awful' they'll be woefully unprepared to handle the risks of it should they be foisted upon them. Remember that the harrowing is to prove a mage can resist the lure of demons, who will approach the mage regardless. Being well educated as to the risks, nature, and effects of blood magic would likely make one safer around blood magic than a blundering newbie who just wants some extra kick to their spells so they can do some real good. After all, it's not like it's tough for mages to meet demons and learn blood magic - they just need to have a nap.
    Funny that, even with the extensive training on explosives handling, and all the ridiculously overwrought precautions, they're still pretty much children with matches. Hell, even in DAO they blew up the freakin' magey HQ... and the warden HQ... and everywhere else, for that matter.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Who would you rather have on your side - Merrill or Anders?

Merrill. By far. Easily. 100%. Even if she did manage to kill you both, you'd go out going "d'awww she's so cute <3".

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Roufuss View Post
    Yesterday was Sunday in the US, they probably weren't in the office.

THQ probably has a barebones support staff as it is due to their issues, so it may take awhile even on a weekday to hear back from them.

What i find incredibly stupid with COH,that you can't play single player if you're not online,i mean at least give me that option. I bought fucking ANTHOLOGY few years ago and now can't play game,its bullshit really.

Now better for them that they can recover my account because i took pics of game and serial codes. Its good enough proof i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post

Merrill. By far. Easily. 100%. Even if she did manage to kill you both, you'd go out going "d'awww she's so cute <3".
    Hardly. I grew out of finding patently naive neo-hippies cute by sophomore year in college, exactly eleven months after I discovered that patently naive neo-hippies existed.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Hardly. I grew out of finding patently naive neo-hippies cute by sophomore year in college, exactly eleven months after I discovered that patently naive neo-hippies existed.
    I'd actually agrue she's kind of retarded. Years pass in that game during which she lives in the slums of a vicious city, and all the while she remains that naive? It's amazing she lives to Act II, and she probably never found a better house because she kept giving all her gold to that nice-sounding prince from Nigeria.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Honestly? neither.

Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    I'd actually agrue she's kind of retarded. Years pass in that game during which she lives in the slums of a vicious city, and all the while she remains that naive? It's amazing she lives to Act II, and she probably never found a better house because she kept giving all her gold to that nice-sounding prince from Nigeria.
    Oh, she's totally socially underdeveloped, to be sure. To wit,

• Varric: Daisy, for my sake, please quit cutting through the alleys in Lowtown alone at night.
    • Merrill: Nothing ever happens. I'm perfectly safe, Varric.
    • Varric: Yes, I know. And that nothing is costing me a fortune.
    Last edited by Nalano; 14-05-2012 at 09:12 PM.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl

Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    "Retarded"? Nice going.

She's naive, yes. Incredibly so. She constantly puts Hawke and his/her friends in danger. And you know what? I don't care. She's fucking awesome.

"Retarded"? Nice going.
    If you prefer, "a remarkably ignorant, incompetent liability." :p
    Last edited by Nalano; 14-05-2012 at 09:35 PM.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl

Well, I like Merrill and I would kill for her.

Oh, I did.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    I could have said "rides the shortbus" but that would have been crass...

Either way, she was in my party most of the time and was one of the better characters. It just irked me how much she is written to be male nerd-bait, like a Tali for Dragon Age (right down to giving the Dalish an accent). Quiet, naive, demure and innocent but with a wild streak; basically in need of a White Knight to keep her safe and accept her and tolerate her evil crazy magic and wuv her for eva and eva.

Good job I'm a White Knight, then.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    After watching my fiancée play DA2 I wanted to play it as a female just to date the dwarf, best character in the game... Checked the wiki, not possible :(
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/