Page 268 of 1164 FirstFirst ... 168218258266267268269270278318368768 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,360 of 23278
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    After watching my fiancée play DA2 I wanted to play it as a female just to date the dwarf, best character in the game... Checked the wiki, not possible :(
    Pshaw. He's a heartbreaker.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    What i find incredibly stupid with COH,that you can't play single player if you're not online,i mean at least give me that option. I bought fucking ANTHOLOGY few years ago and now can't play game,its bullshit really.

Now better for them that they can recover my account because i took pics of game and serial codes. Its good enough proof i think.
    I bought a retail disk early on, plays without the net :s

edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Pshaw. He's a heartbreaker.
    Also Mordin, Kasumi and Doctor Chakwa.

MOAR EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    I do think there could be clearer ways of pacing the game better though; I didn't realise Night Fall would be perpetual, and thus make arrow head divining and scavenger hunting a billion times harder than had I done it at the start.
    To be honest, trying to do the scavenger hunt when you "cant open door x because you lack tool Y is even more frustrating, but i agree that upon finishing the story you should have had some more daylight.

But to be honest, its the games way of prodding you to the finale, its a worthwhile(and infamous) finale, will we ever see a sequel?
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 14-05-2012 at 10:13 PM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Obscure Node
    Diablo 3. It's a new action RPG.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Freud View Post
    Diablo 3. It's a new action RPG.
    Getting as far as the menu screen doesn't count as 'playing.'

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Getting as far as the menu screen doesn't count as 'playing.'
    Surely you're not familiar with " the waiting game".
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Some of the worst and most stupid scenes and infuriating lack of choice also comes with Merril's plot. Spoilers ahoy.
    When you kill the demon and the whole frekin' clan arrives to do an intervention or some shit. One would expect there to be a possibility to explain what just happened in that cave, and that the old elf lady did what she did out of her own will. But no. Not possible. Elves have made their mind. Merril and his companion must die without speaking words. Words are the way of demons I guess. So you end up butchering a fuckin' elf village just because they won't listen. Good job bioware.
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

Obscure Node
    im playing at the first private server for Sword 2/Granado Espada, http://ariagaming.com also they have Forsaken World and Lineage 2 servers.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Still waiting for response from THQ,thinking about downloading FEAR 1 again,i really love the gunplay in that game,one of the best. Also add superb AI and you have a great FPS game :3

Quote Originally Posted by jnx View Post
    Some of the worst and most stupid scenes and infuriating lack of choice also comes with Merril's plot. Spoilers ahoy.
    Urm, no? Just pick "I'll take responsibilty."

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jnx View Post
    Some of the worst and most stupid scenes and infuriating lack of choice also comes with Merril's plot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marar Patrunjica View Post
    Urm, no?
    What Marar said. There very much is a choice there. It makes sense too, considering [spoiler]the elves are separate from the humans, as well as ostracising Merril. By taking responsibility, you're making sure that it doesn't involve them any more. They're not happy, but they appreciate the gesture.[/spoiler]
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    That part of the Merril plot highlighted the limitations of the dialogue system in that game. It was exactly the situation that really needed 1) a very clear indication of what you were actually going to say and 2) a sensible and large-enough selection of possible things to say.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanH View Post
    That part of the Merril plot highlighted the limitations of the dialogue system in that game. It was exactly the situation that really needed 1) a very clear indication of what you were actually going to say and 2) a sensible and large-enough selection of possible things to say.
    I'd say that's the case with most aspects of the game, not just any one quest.

I just finished Dragon Age 2, actually. I have a feeling that I know what Dragon Age 3 will be about and where it will be set.

Anyway, with regards to Merrill... I kinda see where you guys are coming from with her, and I don't disagree as such, I just find the good to outweigh the bad (plus more combat = more rewards, so go figure) with her. She does wind me up a bit, and the way her final quest with me went made me feel terrible, but there is something charming about her. Maybe it's the fact I can't break from White Knight, I don't know, but I couldn't leave her behind in any way, shape or form.

Anders? Yeah, definitely a dick. I kept him with me towards the end because I had to. I agreed with him whilst not doing so, plus I needed a healer.

But the funny thing with DA2 is I tended not to like the characters I thought I would - I came out of it not thinking much of Bethany (Hawke saved her little butt and she didn't even hug her?!) and Aveline - yet I liked some of the characters I was unsure about - Merrill became my favourite, Varric was a staple member of my party, Isabela was more enjoyable than I thought she'd be. Fenris didn't get much attention from me, largely because:
    a) I was a 2H warrior initially, then I went S&B
    b) He reminds me of the second main character in Gray Matter
    c) I just didn't find him interesting

It just seems like BioWare wanted to stuff it to the tits with references, jokes and cameo appearances, though. I think some of Varric's comments in particular were references to how DA:O was perceived and the changes BioWare made, and I liked them despite breaking the fourth wall a bit, but this shoe-horning of characters from the previous games (and in one DLC, that I've not played, Felicia Fucking Day) tired me a bit because it was all too convenient. Everyone just happens to be in Kirkwall and in the way of Hawke. Sigh. A few lines towards the end made me burst out laughing ("By Andraste's flaming knickers!"), too.

And if Bodahn and Sandal are in the next game without any more information about Sandal's abilities, then Maker help me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    38 posts about DA2 in the last two pages. I'm all for lively discussion, but shouldn't this conversation be moved out of the "What are you playing at the moment?" thread?

And to avoid being off-topic myself: I'm still obsessively playing A Valley Without Wind.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Personally, the only partners I found enjoyable to carry with me were Aveline and Isabela; it's the closest thing you can get in DA2 to the constant epic bickering between Alistair and Morrigan.

On-topic: Playing Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines that I picked from Steam's sunday daily offer.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    But the funny thing with DA2 is I tended not to like the characters I thought I would - I came out of it not thinking much of Bethany (Hawke saved her little butt and she didn't even hug her?!)
    Hawke leaves her in jail for 6 years and doesn't so much as visit, even breaking out other mages and solving conspiracies in the gallow's basement, all the while becoming one of the most influential members of the city and using appx squat of that influence to help her out. The character has every right to loathe you. As a complete aside, this story arc bugs me more than any other facet of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    38 posts about DA2 in the last two pages. I'm all for lively discussion, but shouldn't this conversation be moved out of the "What are you playing at the moment?" thread?
    Sorry for discussing the game I was playing in the topic about games we're playing :p

Obscure Node
    Currently playing community levels in Portal 2

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Sorry for discussing the game I was playing in the topic about games we're playing :p
    I'm just saying that, at the point that you've got an in-depth discussion going, surely it deserves its own thread? :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Finished 'Not America McGee's' Alice. The ending sped up the narrative to a bareable pace and delivered a nice wrap up to the story. But I was glad it was over,

Enjoyed finding Raz from Psyconauts but genuinely there were so few "moments" in the game I would care to repeat. I compared this with Assassin's Creed at times in that so much beauty and majesty were paired with such a great combat system (if you learned to properly prey on distracted guards rather than just spamming counter).

Maybe the developers of Alice MR can get a similar improvement from their sequel.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/