Page 269 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 169219259267268269270271279319369769 ... LastLast
Results 5,361 to 5,380 of 24073
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Sorry for discussing the game I was playing in the topic about games we're playing :p
    You're forgiven, just don't let it happen again.

I'm mostly playing Tribes: Ascend and a bit BF3 with some friends.
    I have so many other (single player) games I want to play and finish (I recently started to play Mass Effect 1), but after a few hours/sessions I go back to my MP games ... :/ don't know why

Network Hub
    Oh my... I am replaying Binding of Isaac (I forgot to backup my saves before formatting harddisk (well, not exactly forgot - I thought they are on Steam cloud >.<)). So far I am 7 out of 10 Mom's heart's deaths and I finally confronted Satan himself. I had lots of great upgrades - A pony, common cold, lump of coal, rock, the mark, spoon bender, tons of it, really and he killed me again! Ugh, I hate that game! Also, I cannot wait for the expansion :)

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Personally, the only partners I found enjoyable to carry with me were Aveline and Isabela; it's the closest thing you can get in DA2 to the constant epic bickering between Alistair and Morrigan.

On-topic: Playing Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines that I picked from Steam's sunday daily offer.
    Brutal, unfair, mean as fuck and cruel beyond all reason and doesn't give a flying fuck what you think. I can't get beyond mission 15, I just can't. I've gone and completed Commandos 2 (On the hardest difficulty and got all the secrets) in the meantime and its an exquisite game with gloriously large, beautiful, detailed levels with tons of personality but its nowhere near as difficult as the firsts Commandos. The first game is just plain unfair. I'm half tempted to resort to cheats.

Don't even get me started on what I had to go through to get to mission 15. Mission 14, where you have to destroy four large cannons so D-Day can commence a little easier gave me nightmares. 15 is just impossible because the combinations of patrols, sight cones, number of guards, no alarms allowed or your target leaves the map, the complete and utter lack of leeway given to you is downright insane.

ARGH!

/rocks back and forth

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    O_O
    I'm... I'm just up to mission 4 for now. Now I'm scared.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    The first 10 missions are tricky rather than brutal and require patience more than anything to resolve them. But the second half of the game is just ugh...mission 12 onwards is where it got tough for me. Pretty sure 12, 13 and 14 combined were almost as long the previous missions combined in number of hours played.

What difficulty are you playing on?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vinraith View Post
    I'm just saying that, at the point that you've got an in-depth discussion going, surely it deserves its own thread? :)
    I've noticed this thread goes through little periods where a side discussion forms around a particular game. I don't think it's a particularly bad thing, although I see where you're coming from...I mean, we did actually have a DA2 thread somewhere. Not sure where that vanished to or if it was entirely relevant.

I have a feeling that I know what Dragon Age 3 will be about and where it will be set.
    Mmmhmmm. I quite liked the ending, even the final boss fight(s). I know they were slightly contrived, but I felt they were a suitable pay-off. I also thought it was hilarious that you completely foreshadowed one of the bosses too in an earlier discussion.

But the funny thing with DA2 is I tended not to like the characters I thought I would
    Similar feelings here. Aveline (my tank) and Isabella were in most of the time, replacing Isabella with Varric every so often and then *insert random mage here*. I didn't like the change to the entire healing system, with a cooldown on potions and limited healing spells. I know DA:O could be somewhat broken with regards to how much you could heal, but it was nice having the choice. Playing DA2 on the 360, I would've loved the ability to have modded and changed that, alas...

I too thought Fenris was uninteresting and again, didn't fit in with my 2H Hawke and I didn't use Merril too much, mostly because she made me think of Torchwood (she plays a lead role in it). I didn't mind Bethany so much...to be honest, by the end game, I was just happy to have her there considering she had all these talent points and a crap ton of power. I think her and Aveline did most of the work on my final boss attempt.

Anyhow, I'm still playing the Mass Effect 3 multiplayer. Give it a week and I'll be starting one of the games from my 13 or so backlog. Might start with Psychonauts or Bulletstorm, haven't decided which. I'll also be introducing a friend to Ocarina of Time tomorrow. I can't wait to go through it again, been so long and doing it with someone who hasn't experienced it at all before? Fantastic.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    Mmmhmmm. I quite liked the ending, even the final boss fight(s). I know they were slightly contrived, but I felt they were a suitable pay-off. I also thought it was hilarious that you completely foreshadowed one of the bosses too in an earlier discussion.
    Did I? Hm. Well... Ugh. That final boss fight was stupid. I mean stupid. It made sense until that glowy bit (I sided with the mages, by the way), and after that it just got S-T-U-P-I-D.

Similar feelings here. Aveline (my tank) and Isabella were in most of the time, replacing Isabella with Varric every so often and then *insert random mage here*. I didn't like the change to the entire healing system, with a cooldown on potions and limited healing spells. I know DA:O could be somewhat broken with regards to how much you could heal, but it was nice having the choice. Playing DA2 on the 360, I would've loved the ability to have modded and changed that, alas...

I too thought Fenris was uninteresting and again, didn't fit in with my 2H Hawke and I didn't use Merril too much, mostly because she made me think of Torchwood (she plays a lead role in it). I didn't mind Bethany so much...to be honest, by the end game, I was just happy to have her there considering she had all these talent points and a crap ton of power. I think her and Aveline did most of the work on my final boss attempt.
    How to abuse DA2's healing system - RUN LIKE FUCK MUTHAFUCKA. Seriously. You know that side quest line with the scrolls and then Mr Hang From The Ceiling Whilst I Talk At You About Nothing? It's how I survived the fight.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by khaz View Post
    What difficulty are you playing on?
    Normal, I believe.

Give it a week and I'll be starting one of the games from my 13 or so backlog. Might start with Psychonauts or Bulletstorm.
    No, the bold text isn't a suggestion. It is an order.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Bulletstorm FTW.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Did I?
    Spoiler warning for the ending of DA2:
    There's a number of cases in DA where it's actually mages who *don't* use Blood Magic are the ones who go a bit loopy or massively dangerous - abominations, possessions and so forth.
    Even if not 100%, I still say that was close enough! And I agree, the ending was stupid, but I thought it just about worked. This MacGuffin corrupted its wielders, we knew this from Varric's side quest in Act 2 and both sides felt like they were, actually quite accurately, being engaged upon by the other. I also like how, really, Anders set about motions for an entire civil war. Anders, you muppet.