Page 272 of 1137 FirstFirst ... 172222262270271272273274282322372772 ... LastLast
Results 5,421 to 5,440 of 22726
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I can now reliably beat Binding of Issac,but why does it get slow down when I can run Crysis on high on the same pc?

Your answer.

Network Hub
    Diablo 3 Starter Edition since a kind RPSer got me into it. The DRM shit was spotty for me, which I wasn't really impressed with, but the game itself was real enjoyable. Blizzard did a really good job giving the attacks impact. Will I buy it? Yes, but only after a price drop and/or time when the drm is virtually problem-free.

Rolled a Monk first, enjoyed kicking skeletons all the way across the screen.
    Last edited by cosmicolor; 17-05-2012 at 11:59 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node Juan Carlo's Avatar
    Started Saints Row 2 which I bought a while back. Probably won't finish it any time soon, but I really liked the uber-detailed character editer. Finally, at long last, I can play as an morbidly obese, middle aged, chicano, transexual!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Slowly making my way through Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines, just finished mission 6, which I only managed to finish after realizing the potential for awesomeness in combining the Green Beret's radio with the Sapper's bear trap.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Slowly making my way through Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines, just finished mission 6, which I only managed to finish after realizing the potential for awesomeness in combining the Green Beret's radio with the Sapper's bear trap.
    Haha, indeed. That radio will be your best friend to break up single man patrols when the missions get more devious.

Obscure Node
    Took two months of gaming because of work in Germany etc.
    World of Tanks again.
    Now playing Company of Heroes, main campaign, 8th mission, really starting to like it, tho Men of War:Assault squad would be higher in my toplist (also the old brilliant Close Combat series) - I like more realistic approach, but CoH is really a gem!
    Dropped Deux Ex: 30-60minutes played approx. dunno why didn't like it.
    Skyrim - taking a break.

Installed Hitman Blood Money again, did i finish it or not, don't remember.
    Also thinking of reinstalling and playing Alpha Protocol for second playthrough after some years.
    that's it.
    Hoping to get to play Diablo III Starter Edition. No guest pass yet, or a month of waiting.

Network Hub
    Going through Far Cry 2 again. Didn't finish it the first time, but am much more engaged this time round, for some reason. And it's so beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by Ertai View Post
    Dropped Deux Ex: 30-60minutes played approx. dunno why didn't like it.
    I had this exact same experience

I'm playing Brotherhood more at the moment. I'm going to start Patrician IV again then because of these forums will try Far Cry 2 again (Didnt like it first time)

Are you guys talking about Deus Ex the first, or Human Revolution?

Far Cry 2 is pretty. The fire mechanics are pretty and awesome and often present tactically interesting situations. Baddies sitting in cover behind a fence? Set the grass on fire = baddies come out or burn alive. I just wish the fires would spread a little farther and didn't die out so quickly.

Also, imagine if Just Cause 2 had that sort of fires :drool:

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by MD! View Post
    Are you guys talking about Deus Ex the first, or Human Revolution?
    I'm sorry, I was talking about Human Revolution.
    Maybe I should put more time into it, but the main problem is:
    as I read that basically you could play it as you want, BUT sneaky types gets more xp ... so my problem is while I could ignore the sneaky type or be semi-sneaky type, in back of my head the maximalist is pounding my brains saying think-think - you're loosing a huge amount of xp points atm.

That's the problem, I usually creep behind every corner, try to do all side missions etc etc.

It sound really stupid and plain, but it really bothers me.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    This is why xp needs to GTFO every genre. Seriously RPG's can keep it as long as it's quest xp only, not xp for smacking every goblin.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Network Hub
    I ended up playing DXHR just for the story, which started well but got a bit lost towards the end. It had great atmosphere, though.

Actually, I think the DXHR opening (the proper opening, when Jensen gets back to work) may be the best I've seen, narratively. Loved one dead (or is she? and what is the backstory there?), hidden intrigue, rumblings of discontent: it was set up with so much potential. I think the narrative suffered from being too much about the grand, technological theme. That would have been great as a backdrop to a tighter, more personal story.

In other news, I'm also encouraging everyone to try Fallen London.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ertai View Post
    I'm sorry, I was talking about Human Revolution.
    Maybe I should put more time into it, but the main problem is:
    as I read that basically you could play it as you want, BUT sneaky types gets more xp ... so my problem is while I could ignore the sneaky type or be semi-sneaky type, in back of my head the maximalist is pounding my brains saying think-think - you're loosing a huge amount of xp points atm.

That's the problem, I usually creep behind every corner, try to do all side missions etc etc.

It sound really stupid and plain, but it really bothers me.
    Pff. Everybody knows that to maximize XP, you sneak past the guard, then you sweet-talk the guard, then you club the guard to death. Bonus points if you sell the guard an item and then pickpocket the item back.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Pff. Everybody knows that to maximize XP, you sneak past the guard, then you sweet-talk the guard, then you club the guard to death. Bonus points if you sell the guard an item and then pickpocket the item back.
    Sad but true. Between filling vents with knocked out guards and blocking doors with vending machines I think my jensen has serious vicarious-agrophobia, "All people must be in confined places" a stand out moment was jumping over the 'opponents' on the last area like Super Mario with the jumping augmentation rather than trying to sneak by or subdue them.

Btw, Helio--

This is why xp needs to GTFO every genre. Seriously RPG's can keep it as long as it's quest xp only, not xp for smacking every goblin.
    Y'know, that's exactly how Mass Effect works.

(inb4 Wizardry)
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Btw, Helio--

Y'know, that's exactly how Mass Effect works.

(inb4 Wizardry)
    ME1 had goblin smacking XP though.

ME1 had goblin smacking XP though.
    ME1 had massively stupid inventory juggling, too.

Anyway, back on topic, oscillating between Company of Heroes, Saints Row 3 and Simcity 4. So, basically, I'm avoiding clanmates and Origin friends.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Not had time to play Heroes of Newerth over the last six weeks. Getting back into it this weekend like a total maniacal fiend. Cannot wait, curse this moba obsession of mine.

Capsized, got to level 11 and playing with the 360 controller Its got a really nice flow to it once you realise you can use the kick/impact hammer function of your grappling hook while grappling and you are incredibly mobile as a result. But I did start getting slightly tired of smashing statues and being chased by seemingly infinite swarms of giant bloat fly things and the intro cut scene comic things summed up my feelings perfectly.

Time to take a break I think.