Page 273 of 1205 FirstFirst ... 173223263271272273274275283323373773 ... LastLast
Results 5,441 to 5,460 of 24097
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    I really enjoyed Capsized just because of how much fun it was to move around. Jumping, wall-climbing, jetpack, elastic grappling hook, impact hammer thing - on the more open levels things were so much fun. I remember Quinns review where he mentioned falling a long way, grappling to something and catapulting himself back up at great velocity. That's what I did at every opportunity and loved it.

Sounds like you're almost at the end to be honest. The game is pretty short but I'd say it's that perfect length. Surprised you went for the 360 controller though as I found mouse+kb really easy and precise.

Network Hub
    Currently going through The Witcher after buying it ages ago. Just got to Chapter II. I recently finished Penumbra: Overture, so I'm considering getting started on Black Plague as well.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Well, I was enjoying torchlight, until I got 30 floors down and started running into one-hit-kill dark zealots. I had zero deaths up until that point. Sucked all the fun out of the game in an instant.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    Sounds like you're almost at the end to be honest. The game is pretty short but I'd say it's that perfect length. Surprised you went for the 360 controller though as I found mouse+kb really easy and precise.
    It wouldn't surprise if I was nearly done and I'd likely come back to it, in coop hopefully. The pad is because I tend to get "keyboard claw" (sore hands/wrists) if I try and play a game with both hands on the keyboard(just realised that isn't the case in Capsized doh!) . Capsized I played with a regular 360 (used the same for Bionic Commando Rearmed) pad and it really is nice that every button has a job, could be nightmarish for me to try and learn m+ kb now.

In Binding of Issac I used a 360 street fighter pad(same with Spelunky and retro gaming) because it's a digital input game and it is much more enjoyable with the snappiness.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 18-05-2012 at 04:36 PM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Capsized I played with a regular 360 (used the same for Bionic Commando Rearmed) pad
    You must have madskillz on a 360 pad. Fine for Capsized, but for BC:Rearmed it was an impossible nightmare as there was no way in hell I could use either the analogue stick, or that sorry excuse for a d-pad to aim diagonally. It pissed me off so much I spent an hour taking the smegger apart to try that 'put a disc of plastic under the d-pad trick', but failed.

Quote Originally Posted by Memph View Post
    You must have madskillz on a 360 pad. Fine for Capsized, but for BC:Rearmed it was an impossible nightmare as there was no way in hell I could use either the analogue stick, or that sorry excuse for a d-pad to aim diagonally. It pissed me off so much I spent an hour taking the smegger apart to try that 'put a disc of plastic under the d-pad trick', but failed.
    You are going to feel so silly.
    You might want to take a seat.
    Ready? Okay, here goes. You can't aim diagonal in re-armed. Firing off the hook-arm while stationary(no direction of movement pressed) does it at a 45 degree angle.
    That's it, guns always shooting flat.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 18-05-2012 at 06:10 PM.

Activated Node
    I'll likely be playing nothing but Diablo 3 for a few months at least; and I'm ok with that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    I figured out how to open router for CoH to work,so i had one skrimish match with friend against two AI. Then i played some SP and damn,game is mad hard on even normal. I mean i manage to win every time but its not an easy win,if you get me. I cna't imagine playing game on hard or even highest difficulty :D

Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Well, I was enjoying torchlight, until I got 30 floors down and started running into one-hit-kill dark zealots. I had zero deaths up until that point. Sucked all the fun out of the game in an instant.
    had the same problem with instadeath and tried the rebalance mod which apparently didn't make much difference for me (I also picked up the Ferret mod, brighter map, respec, and another one to make gems bigger).

Guess my character was underleveled, because I went back up and did Vasman's quests which I had somehow left behind. When eventually I confronted the zealots again my char was strong enough to handle them. Playing a vanquisher, I was using wind of justice to keep the green skellies at bay while I spammed arrows on the zealots' heads. "...very satisfying."
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Those things are a pain and you need to keep an eye out for them then not get too close. Lots of summons help to keep the heat off. Weirdly I had no problem with them using my Vanquisher, but my Alchemist ran into all sorts of trouble until I realised what was killing me. You can always try building some lightning resistance.

But then, while they are annoying I think you're getting near the end, so some added difficulty is expected.

I was a minion master type Alchemist, i had a 2 of my spell as summons and my dog was summoning, we both had "heal all", i had a gun with an insane rate of stunning, i simply stunned opponents while my zombie sate them. The narrative last boss just stood dazed while my zombies killed him.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Those things are a pain and you need to keep an eye out for them then not get too close. Lots of summons help to keep the heat off. Weirdly I had no problem with them using my Vanquisher, but my Alchemist ran into all sorts of trouble until I realised what was killing me. You can always try building some lightning resistance.

But then, while they are annoying I think you're getting near the end, so some added difficulty is expected.
    Yeah, I'd figured out a mostly reliable method until a boss one destroyed me instantly - when I respawned the entire floor above it had been demapped and repopulated, so I ragequit.

Yeah, I'd figured out a mostly reliable method until a boss one destroyed me instantly - when I respawned the entire floor above it had been demapped and repopulated, so I ragequit.
    The boss ones hurt like hell but they shouldn't be dropping you instantly. Any chance you're under-levelled? Could always buy some dungeon maps or go do some quests for the Asshole Who Always Wants Stuff.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    The boss ones hurt like hell but they shouldn't be dropping you instantly. Any chance you're under-levelled? Could always buy some dungeon maps or go do some quests for the Asshole Who Always Wants Stuff.
    Not on a regular attack, but a crit. I'm level 30 at present, against level 28s. I might do those though, give me some different layouts to explore until the idea of remapping an entire floor doesn't fill me with as much ire. I'd like to finish the game now that I've got so close, and ideally I don't want that sensation to be marred with a sense of 'thank fuck for that.'

ideally I don't want that sensation to be marred with a sense of 'thank fuck for that.'
    Ah, so... um... the final boss... um... ... a fantastic great experience not at all a dull annoying HP-sink you'll be totally fulfilled.

There's also an endless dungeon that opens up which can be fun if you want to keep going, and all the extra maps of course. I've never really experienced what happens after the endgame though. All I know if that there is a metric fucktonne of mods that can add extra content

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Apparently my game is just broken. I died again, and once more the entire dungeon unmapped and respawned every enemy on the floor. No. Just. No.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Played about an hour of Dungeon Siege III. The camera is a bit of a hassle, and the characters don't 'feel' like they have any weight to them which makes movement somewhat unwieldy. The whole "You are the last of your order of Special Knights" is also a bit tiresome. Still, I think there's some potential there that I hope comes through if there are some larger scale battles later on in the game.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Apparently my game is just broken. I died again, and once more the entire dungeon unmapped and respawned every enemy on the floor. No. Just. No.
    I don't know if I've ever died in Torchlight so I'm not sure what happens. Doesn't sound right though - I'm pretty sure things shouldn't re-map or respawn.

OT: That's Mass Effect 2 + (ALL) DLC done. Overlord was an interesting deviation, trying as it did to make a more horror environment. Lair of the Shadow Broker was the best and felt like a well-crafted beast, although definitely worth it's price (once converted from Bioware Moon Money) seeing as it lasted about 3-4 hours.
    The Arrival was also decent for what it is meant to be - a bridge between ME2 and ME3. The environments were decent and the character skins lazy and rehashed. My biggest sticking point is the story itself and where it was sent at the end of ME2. In ME1, a single Reaper is enough to fuck up so many ships/people. In ME2, a single Reaper controls an entire species and almost fucks up humanity (and has some weird, unexplained plan involving human Reapers too). In ME3 (which I haven't yet played), and as set up by ME2 and The Arrival, the Reapers invade. Hundreds of them. I'm sorry, but the galaxy is fucked if that happens. The only way out is either a giant ret-con or the biggest deus-ex machina ever pulled, neither of which will be good. In my opinion the story should never have gone that route: keep the Reapers as a constant threat but otherwise leave them the fuck outta things.

I'm sure I'll enjoy playing ME3 and have fun with the story (supposedly crappy ending notwithstanding) but I can't see how the plot can do anything other than go overboard or cop-out.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I don't know if I've ever died in Torchlight so I'm not sure what happens. Doesn't sound right though - I'm pretty sure things shouldn't re-map or respawn.
    It definitely isn't right, because I've been dying fairly consistently since hitting the last area at level 30 - but it's only once I get up to level 33 that everything keeps respawning, like it's not saving my progress past that point. Oh well.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    On a hardcore playthrough with my first time as the alchemist guy I died literally at the top of the stairs down to the final boss.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR