Page 276 of 1259 FirstFirst ... 176226266274275276277278286326376776 ... LastLast
Results 5,501 to 5,520 of 25180
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    I spent a very MMO-heavy weekend with trying out SWTOR again to see if it captures me this time (it failed), and playing TSW to complete even the last grey quest in Kingsmouth (TSW did not fail).

I actually really enjoyed SWTOR's multi-dialogue-system and sincerely hope they'll do a Mass Effect co-op campaign at one point. Not this silly "run around and shoot things", but a proper dialogue-heavy game with consequences. SWTOR still has the most boring character-progression system ever created by mankind though. Ouch.

Really digging TSW (apart from the combat), but I love the concept behind the character progression. Very, very nice. Oh gods and that setting...
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Woundedbum View Post
    On Althea's reccomendation (yup, I'm putting this all on you), I've been playing some Divinity II: DKS and...

so far it's pretty good! Not very far at all yet, but impressions are fairly good so far. If it keeps this up, I will feel like I should have paid more, which is weird.
    Pretty good is pretty much as good as it gets, but the game has a fairly refreshing sense of humour. That said, it feels a little crude and unpolished at times, which also goes for the DKS version.

Lesser Hivemind Node NecroKnight's Avatar
    Lone Survivor

Lesser Hivemind Node TailSwallower's Avatar
    Couldn't resist - ended up getting Dungeon Keeper 2 on sale from GOG. Missed both DKs the first time around, though I always heard good things.

Having some trouble figuring out the finer points of possession, but otherwise I'm thoroughly enjoying the experience.
    weekendwarrio.rs - We've got more games than time...

I'm also playing DKS, and I'm really enjoying it! It's unusual for a game like this to have a sense of humor that doesn't come across as canned. Also, I strongly prefer enemies who never respawn, so this game scratches that itch as well.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Second trip to Ocarina of Time Hyrule with my friend. We moved onto the second set of dungeons and my memory of the first one is playing up, but then I always sucked at the Forest Temple. It doesn't help that the rooms literally warp themselves.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

This weekend I had a lot of fun with the demo of Warlock: Master of the Arcane, and a lot of what I shall dub 'funishment' from Frozen Synapse. Also, I've just finished installing Left 4 Dead 2 for the first time ever - can't wait to get started on that with my pals.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    I felt like nostalgic and booted up LBA 2. I'm going to write some more on this but I feel it merits its own topic as I've got some musings on the act of playing old games with new eyes.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I have just found my CD of Warlords 3: Darklords Rising.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Deus Ex, Half Life, and Vampire: Bloodlines.

I love VP:B. I wish it had gotten more acclaim when it was released. It's one of the best games I've ever played.

Obscure Node
    I can tell you what I'm not playing: Kingdoms of Amalur. And as soon as I am able to post a new thread, I can explain why!

Sweet jesus Bastion is purrrrty

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Hal Fenix View Post
    I love VP:B. I wish it had gotten more acclaim when it was released. It's one of the best games I've ever played.
    It really is a top quality game. Mostly it got panned for being a bit of a mess on release, which was unfortunately true. Since this sort of thing happens so often in gaming, it might be worth review sites updating reviews for old games that were buggy but have since acquired a big following. Given that we're seeing the re-release of many older games, and not just on GOG, this would provide a useful service to the readers of review sites.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanH View Post
    I have just found my CD of Warlords 3: Darklords Rising.
    I've been recently tempted to start a new Warlords 3 match with a few friends. Sadly, the TCP/IP is a pain to get to work nowadays, let alone run stable. :(

Such a fantastic game.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NathanH View Post
    I'm not sure I understand what you mean here
    Clearly.

I meant this: The post I was critiquing I viewed as, if not hypocritical, then confused. You complained about the ability for an Orc to be as good as a Breton in magic stats simply by practicing at it in-game, after espousing the power of stat-determination for character roles. Bethesda had a very clear idea when it came to character development, and while you clearly prefer class designations, your argument seems to vacillate between the two models.

I reiterate that it would appear that the issue isn't so much that said Orc can be great at magic healing hands, but that said Orc (and Breton) can eventually be good at everything - as Bethesda can't figure out challenge ratings for shit - which defeats the purpose of any stat specialization. Indeed, under such a system, even your class designations become meaningless - especially considering how easily Oblivion's leveling system was broken out of the box.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

I've only been playing it for a few days, but I'm already obsessed with Day Z, the zombie survival mod for Arma 2: CO.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Have been playing D&D: Dragonshard which, if anyone remembers, was a game released in 2005 after being delayed several times and tried to do the whole RTS~RPG thing.

It isn't very good. It's isn't very bad either. It's just average. Really average. Except the narrator who is the most boring man the world, any world, has ever seen. I could complain about the simple AI, the poor engine, uninspired story or dull RPG systems but instead I'll just say that in terms of strategy it makes C&C look like Total War (or one of those turn-based WW2 eastern front historians wet-dream games). All you can really do is select a bunch of your people, tell them to attack and then sit back and watch, maybe trying to trigger a special ability every now and then.

I'm done with it after doing a couple of missions. Too many better things to play.

EDIT: For anyone wondering, Liquid Entertainment went on to make Desperate Housewives: The Game and then Rise of the Argonauts. I think they're now making that new Neverwinter game, so don't hold your breath there.

EDIT 2: Neverwinter game being some Facebook thing so yeah, Liquid is basically dead as a company. Correction provided by guy below.
    Last edited by Casimir Effect; 22-05-2012 at 01:49 PM.

Lesser Hivemind Node Winged Nazgul's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    I think they're now making that new Neverwinter game, so don't hold your breath there.
    It's a Facebook game, why on earth would I hold my breath over that one?

http://www.heroesofneverwinter.com/

You might have it confused with the Neverwinter MMO being developed by Cryptic of CO and STO fame.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Thought I was missing something but at work so couldn't do a proper check. Thanks for that!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    still terraria. fucking twins are just horrible. the worm one i can beat easily cause of magic harp and probes dropping magic stars and heart but twins are horrible. fought them like 7 times. yet beat them only once. i have to use magic mirror to tp to nurse out of battle arena and then heal quickly. yet that green eye can tank like noone else and it takes so much time that i start to lose concentration and i got owned before i could tp for health.

didn't fight yet skeletron so no idea how he compares.