Page 282 of 1239 FirstFirst ... 182232272280281282283284292332382782 ... LastLast
Results 5,621 to 5,640 of 24765
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I avoid Oblivion gates for some time. Actually a big problem I tend to have in Oblivion gates with this playstyle is that the combination of mods I have make armour and shields degrade really fast, and usually my strength isn't high enough to carry enough repair hammers. Also since I haven't played the game for over a year I expect to have forgotten the trick of killing clannfears without being hurt.

I just got killed by a badass OOO imp. Bummer. I think I'll switch the rules to semi-hardcore (dying isn't game over, but I lose all my gear) since this character is more underpowered than I'm used to.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

The bad news: Video card is dead.
    The good news: Thief has a good software renderer.

I think I'll make it through this tragedy just fine.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Jams O'Donnell View Post

Planned on the next one?

I'm thinking of a new one too. Mine is on the verge of an irreparable collapse. And I want the new one to be around to see it.

P.S. : If I pair the new one and this one, and use this only for PhysX, will it's lifetime lengthen? And if it does collapse, will it affect the aforementioned paired card?

Quote Originally Posted by Jams O'Donnell View Post

I'm also playing thief at the moment. Hardware on my games machine, software on the laptop and it's handling fine. Using Dropbox to sync my save games!

Obscure Node
    Anxiously awaiting for The Binding of Isaac: Wrath of the Lamb! Just one more hour!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Splinter Cell: Conviction.

Apperently the game won't admit my system is a powerhouse and gives me an popup message the game won't support my videocard ( Nvidia GTX 570 ) I can play the game fine but it won't let me play on 1920x180 since the resolution isn't in the options. only at 720.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    For a change from Saints Row 3, I'm playing Saints Row 2.

I just spent half an hour ferrying prostitutes from one pimp to another. They complained about being torn away from their previous pimp, they complained about how I didn't kill said pimp, they complained how I killed a whole bunch of other people, they openly worried about the humanity of their forthcoming pimp, and they complained about my driving skills.

I barely heard all their bitching because I was blasting old-school gangsta rap (back when Snoop Dogg was hard) and gunning the engine.
    Last edited by Nalano; 28-05-2012 at 08:18 PM.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    I finished And Yet It Lives, i thoiught it was out of ideas, and outstaying its welcome, but it ended just as I started to get concerned.

I went straight into Hydrophobia: Prophecies, its really rather good! Its a bizzare mix of Mirrors edge (hello red pipes), Bullet storm (Guard fell to his death? Gave some bonus points) and some of the best water physics I've ever seen.

The key to killing the guards is to drown/burn/electrocute/drop them rather than relying on shooting damage. I'm a little annoyed how your cross hair can be a clear line at something your character cant shoot past, and you cant stop that with a first person shooting mode, but once you learn to ignore the cross hair things get much better.

Personal favourite? Annoying guards by opening doors with the camera hack so they are drawn together and then killing them,with explosive barrels.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    I've started yet another playthrough of Alpha Protocol (must be the fourth or fifth so far) with a simple goal in mind: kill every plot-important NPC that can be killed. To this end I've created jerkass veteran Thorton. He only dual-wields smgs, he wears the most ridiculous sunglasses imaginable, he never equips any armour because he feels it clashes with his style and he acts incredibly smug towards anyone he meets. I'm off to a great start, as I've already managed to antagonize everybody in the Graybox.

Also started playing Serious Sam: the Second Encounter. So far, it's a lot more fun than the first one.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Started playing the new Binding of Isaac expansion. It's pretty damn fun, but then it's built on a base game that already was, so I'm not entirely sure if it's warranted to that merit.

It is though. Very fun. More vulgar, more interesting, more choices than before.
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I went straight into Hydrophobia: Prophecies, its really rather good! Its a bizzare mix of Mirrors edge (hello red pipes), Bullet storm (Guard fell to his death? Gave some bonus points) and some of the best water physics I've ever seen.
    Have you beaten the final boss yet? I found that to be a highly frustrating experience.

The rest of the game was interesting though, nice setting and indeed, great use of water.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    For a change from Saints Row 3, I'm playing Saints Row 2.

I just spent half an hour ferrying prostitutes from one pimp to another. They complained about being torn away from their previous pimp, they complained about how I didn't kill said pimp, they complained how I killed a whole bunch of other people, they openly worried about the humanity of their forthcoming pimp, and they complained about my driving skills.

I barely heard all their bitching because I was blasting old-school gangsta rap (back when Snoop Dogg was hard) and gunning the engine.
    How laggy is it with the powertools mod for your rig? I remember having the Vista/7 speed bug on mine. And the game stuttering quite a bit. It was playable and I finished it but still, kinda curious to see if it has improved.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Programmer Spike View Post
    How laggy is it with the powertools mod for your rig? I remember having the Vista/7 speed bug on mine. And the game stuttering quite a bit. It was playable and I finished it but still, kinda curious to see if it has improved.
    Powertools' beta app fixes the speed bug without tuning. Gentlemen of the Row add stability patches et al. It's still badly ported, so either I disable Dynamic Lighting or cut draw distance. My eyes demand dynamic lighting, so draw distance suffers.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    I've started the tutorial match of Sword of the Stars complete. 1v1 against a normal CPU. First reaction was, as I expected "whathehellamisupposedtodowhatisthiswhatisthatAAAA HHHH", but after a while I started to get the hang of some of it; I think. Decided to go with the Liir, and have started establishing 2 colonies, both in the process of terraformation. I've also researched enough to unlock Cruiser class ships, and have built a small defense fleet, along with some stationary defense stations. But the CPU is, surprise surprise, beating me in every single aspect. I think they have found my home planet, so I expect my demise to be swift in the turns to come, once the CPU manages to place his fleet around my planet.

However, I'm finding that the game, while certainly feels like an entertaining and not terribly deep space TBS game, is reviving my interest for playing Star Ruler; so far it's making me feel like Star Ruler is an RTS version of Swots with ship customization cranked up to infinity.

Quick question: Any specific ways to speed up colonization/terraformation? I've noticed that by sending more and more colony ships it does increase it's rhythm a bit, but knowing of a more expeditive method, if it exists, would certainly help.

You never start colonising with less than 8 colony ships. You could focus on infrastructure which should make the income (and thus resources for terraforming) come faster. Research the corresponding techs. With liir you can get nice biome colonizators that can boost terraforming by a great deal.
    Don't colonize planets with more than 300 hazard rating and don't strain yourself colonizing more than you can chew.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    You never start colonising with less than 8 colony ships. Don't colonize planets with more than 300 hazard rating and don't strain yourself colonizing more than you can chew.
    He.. hehe... hiahiahuaheahoahieahuaheuhahaheuahuahiahoahauheoHA ... Crud. I started colonizing with one measly ship, and both planets were over 300 (380 and 320 respectively, I believe). Will try to salvage what I can of the game tonight, but I expect nothing other than a crushing defeat.

You can keep sending colony ships after colonizing, so that's not a problem.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    The 'hazards cost' of of the planet is paid every turn, reduced only by reducing the hazard, if your colony fleet costs less upkeep than the planet than you'll probably have to wait a while before your break even on the planet, maybe never as money spent is compound interest lost.

Note : a destroyer cost 500 space bucks a turn, a cruiser 3000
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 29-05-2012 at 04:17 PM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    Just finished Serious Sam III, and then I felt the need for some racing, so I got Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, which is fun, but I want more racing and less pursuit so I'm reinstalling GRID.

Red Orchestra 2! The servers are full, people are loving it. The new update is fantastic. I hope RPS cover it again since the update.