Page 283 of 1133 FirstFirst ... 183233273281282283284285293333383783 ... LastLast
Results 5,641 to 5,660 of 22650
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Nothing since I have been on vacation for the long weekend, but what I am most looking forward to playing when I get home from work is

Red Orchestra 2 - I'm one of the new players who checked out the free weekend, and bought the game after a few hours of play. Atmospheric and intense, with fantastic gunplay and great pacing. Countdown mode is a great, razor-sharp game mode.

Assassin's Creed Revelations multiplayer - I never tried the multiplayer for Brotherhood, and now I know that is the worst mistake I have made in my entire life. Simultaneously fast, deliberate, stealthy, frantic, thoughtful, twitchy, and just a huge amount of fun. Love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Giaddon View Post
    Assassin's Creed Revelations multiplayer - I never tried the multiplayer for Brotherhood, and now I know that is the worst mistake I have made in my entire life. Simultaneously fast, deliberate, stealthy, frantic, thoughtful, twitchy, and just a huge amount of fun. Love it.
    Yes sir! And Wanted is the best mode.

@Nalano, thanks for the answer. I played it with the powertools thing back then. Since I think I'll replay it sometime soon, I'll give it a go with the stability patches from that other mod as well.
    Last edited by Battle Programmer Spike; 29-05-2012 at 07:05 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I waffle on modes. Wanted is definitely great, but I really like deathmatch for throwing out the compass and not generating NPC models of the player's personas. Simple deathmatch is great when the smoke bomb spam becomes too much. Corruption is super super fun, as is Manhunt. It's just a great experience.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mrpier View Post
    Just finished Serious Sam III, and then I felt the need for some racing, so I got Need for Speed Hot Pursuit, which is fun, but I want more racing and less pursuit so I'm reinstalling GRID.
    GRID is like driving on an Icerink and your car is made out of glass, loosing your wheels and spinning donuts is so frustrating.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus mrpier's Avatar
    ravelle or others - Do you have a suggestion for another racing game, nothing too simmey or too arcadey? Something where it's not a game mechanic to drift through a corner or crash your own or others cars. I did consider getting Shift 2 but what I've read about it suggest it has a very twitchy driving model? Doesn't have to be too recent either, although last time I really got into a driving game was NFS: Most Wanted, so more recent than that.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    ravelle or others - Do you have a suggestion for another racing game, nothing too simmey or too arcadey? Something where it's not a game mechanic to drift through a corner or crash your own or others cars. I did consider getting Shift 2 but what I've read about it suggest it has a very twitchy driving model? Doesn't have to be too recent either, although last time I really got into a driving game was NFS: Most Wanted, so more recent than that.
    Test Drive 2 Unlimited, maybe, but you just missed a sale on it.

Both Most Wanted and Shift 1 and 2 are excellent racers, Dirt 3 is pretty good too or the latest Ridge Racer but they're pretty much arcade-a-palooza. If you want simulation you can try Gran Turismo 5 but I find it to be boring, in the sense the car's motor is one monotone, cars can't be damaged and the colliding sound sounds awful and it's like riding a monorail, there's nothing really exciting about it.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    ravelle or others - Do you have a suggestion for another racing game, nothing too simmey or too arcadey?
    The Codemaster F1 games (2010 and 2011) have their fair share of problems, and I can't wholeheartedly recommend them (I only played F1 2010), but they're 'serious racing' games with a rather simplified driving model - so that might be a mix you're interested in. It is only one type of car on 19/20 tracks, though - so it's not exactly great on the diversity front.

There sadly aren't any Forza Motorsports (Xbox) or Gran Turismo (Playstation) games released in recent years for PC - that I am aware of, at least.

The racing game I've been having most fun with the past six or so months is definitely TrackMania 2: Canyon. It's time trial only, as there is no contact between the different cars online, but the great arcade driving model, and the endless number of tracks thanks to the excellent track editor make it great fun.
    Last edited by Tritagonist; 29-05-2012 at 08:39 PM.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    driving on an Icerink and your car is made out of glass
    I'd play that.

Yes...
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Programmer Spike View Post
    Yes sir! And Wanted is the best mode.
    Yes?
    It's just a great experience.
    Yes!
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 29-05-2012 at 09:10 PM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    Yes?
    From my not so humble viewpoint, it is :P.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    So, i joined the Thieves Guild, robbed some fellow's expensive wine cellar, didn't notice he had walked in, got arrested. I'd stolen a snazzy outfit from him too. Oh well, back to prison clothes again.

This is basically like playing that disturbing Oblivion furry comic.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Red Orchestra 2. It's fun. Really fun.

But the unlock-system feels a bit... stupid. I'm constantly levelling up something (honor, weapons, whatever), all the time BLING BLING BLING YOU GAINED A LEVEL but it seems to have no effect on anything. Two days in, I started completely ignoring the levelling system.

Agreed. I'm level 25 with my Mauser and it seems worthless. Honor doesnt matter, leveling up a gun increases your ability so little it may as well not even happen

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    ravelle or others - Do you have a suggestion for another racing game, nothing too simmey or too arcadey?
    You may want to check out "Shift 2" nonetheless. It's definitely on the sim side of the racing game spectrum, but it's not a hardcore sim either.

I'm in no way into racing sims (last I remember playing has to be "Grand Prix 3" :D), but I got "Shift 2" in a recent sale on GG and enjoy it quite a bit. It features an extensive and diverse career mode, fairly good driving physics and the cockpit view is done better than in any other game I've seen to date. The sense of speed is also really good, a thing most racing sims seem to lack.

Downsides? The UI is unintuitive and extremely overladen, the AI is unreasonably aggressive at times and steering controls do feel a little awkward with a gamepad (laggy? I can't put my finger on it), but it seems I got used to it. Also, the game requires an EA account.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Just finished Defender's Quest which I scored from the Because We May sale.

Surprisingly fun for a tower-defense game - the RPG aspects are really well done, even though I found armor obsolete. Good closure at the ending, and some interesting and unexpected mechanics at the last few battles - very well worth it.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

I've been playing Thief : Gold for the first time and to be completely honest I'm finding it dull. I'm on the mages tower level and it's become a platform game.

Every level has some fun blackjacking / archery and then it's just boring. I can't seem to give a shit about the story. I'm on the verge of giving up on it

More Splinter Cell Conviction and I suck at it, I keep accidentally pulling attention and getting myself killed hundreds of times, and doing parts of a level over and over again is so frustrating.

Obscure Node
    Playing through Half Life 2 for the second time since getting back into PC gaming.
    Also playing through Saints Row 2, but it's hard playing such a bad port (random crashes, very inconsistent performance etc).

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    More Splinter Cell Conviction and I suck at it, I keep accidentally pulling attention and getting myself killed hundreds of times, and doing parts of a level over and over again is so frustrating.
    Add me on steam (heliocentric) if you are interested in getting over the hump with some help.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    JG_Man looks at time played of Binding of Isaac before playing it last night.

JG_Man looks at time played of Binding of Isaac after playing this afternoon.

Jeez. I've spent 8 hours on it since the expansion came out. That's what I've been playing, apparently. Also, screw glitches. I beat the original final boss [spoiler]Satan[/spoiler] but because I had a petrify attack, it broke the boss. I had a gazillion hearts, an explosive attack AND a constant laser (with aforementioned petrify). I really wanted the D6 too...