Page 286 of 1157 FirstFirst ... 186236276284285286287288296336386786 ... LastLast
Results 5,701 to 5,720 of 23132
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    I managed to kill a couple by using the hide next to a door opening and stab everyone who walks through it, didn't know there was a back door though. Sam dies pretty quick.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Network Hub
    Mount and Blade Warband again, trying to ingratiate myself with King Ragnar. I will work my way up the ladder, damnit.

Started playing Saints Row 3 and while the game itself is great fun; despite about a gorillion customization options there seem to be neither top hats nor monocles available. How am I supposed to play the game properly now?
    It's disgusting how the game industry treats us top hat wearers. Arcanum had bullet-deflecting top hats, now THAT was a game.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Lesser Hivemind Node Juan Carlo's Avatar
    Finished Avernum 4. Strangely, it was by far the easiest Spiderweb game I've ever played on torment. I probably had less than 15 party wipes for the first 90% of the game. Not sure what he did different for that game. Plus, story wise, it certainly took its sweet time to get interesting. The main plot doesn't kick in until like 20-30 hours into the game, which on the one hand takes balls (not to mention trust in your audience), but on the other hand the earlier portions of the game do drag quite a bit. Still, once it gets good it gets pretty good, but I have to say it's probably my least favorite of all the spiderweb games I've ever played. It felt a bit rote--like Vogel was just churning it out quickly via formula to make a buck and fill the gap until Avernum 5.

Now I've started both Geneforge 4 and Assassin's Creed Brotherhood. Both are awesome so far. I've been playing through the Geneforge series since 1 and each game is a massive leap in quality from the last--both in terms of game design and (especially) writing. I know fans like to shit on Geneforge 3, for example, but personally I think that's when the series gets interesting as having only 2 very imperfect factions to choose from forces the game's universe to go to some very, very grey areas. I actually think only "The Witcher" series rivals the later Geneforge games when it comes to moral ambiguity of the sorts of choices you can make (e.g. good intentions often turn out bad, and the justifications for evil often sound strangely good). I'm looking forward to completing the series.

As to Assassin's Creed, I always shit on video game music, but I have to admit that the main theme to Assassin's Creed has kind of grown on me. I still don't play with the music on, though, just because the music that plays during the game proper is annoying and pretty terrible (melodramatic children whispering? Awful psuedo-Opera? And the music that plays when you burn a tower sounds like a shitty Phantom of the Opera reject). I've barely started the game proper, though, just because with AC games I'm always compelled to seek out every single crow's nest before actually starting to play. It's kind of annoying.
    Last edited by Juan Carlo; 01-06-2012 at 04:17 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node Spider Jerusalem's Avatar
    superbrothers and whoooooaahooooo it's the worst thing in the universe and i hate it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    Started playing Saints Row 3 and while the game itself is great fun; despite about a gorillion customization options there seem to be neither top hats nor monocles available. How am I supposed to play the game properly now?
    There's a top hat available from Nobody Loves Me.

No monocles, tho.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Bastion, from the bundle. Trine 2, from my birthday. League of Legends with friends. I also have a huge stack of games I still need to work through.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    It's disgusting how the game industry treats us top hat wearers. Arcanum had bullet-deflecting top hats, now THAT was a game.
    Top hat from Nobody Loves Me, as above. In a similar sartorial vein you can get a bowler hat from the NyteBlade pack which comes free with the Season One Pass, I have no idea if it's worth it full price having not played any of it but its similarly discounted in the Steam Midweek Madness deal so I bought it for 4.23 or whatever it was. There isn't much in life which costs less than 4.23 these days.

The Void

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Boris View Post
    Bastion, from the bundle. Trine 2, from my birthday. League of Legends with friends. I also have a huge stack of games I still need to work through.
    Enjoy Trine 2, its charming, see if you can drag friend to the keyboard, set them as the Warrior (and/or the Thief if they are used to controllers) and explore away. It will be over all too soon. Where is that damn expansion.
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2012...e-2-expansion/

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Jerusalem View Post
    superbrothers and whoooooaahooooo it's the worst thing in the universe and i hate it.
    I was considering buying the bundle just for this (as i have all the others on steam) is it really that bad?

Quote Originally Posted by Juan Carlo View Post
    I've barely started the game proper, though, just because with AC games I'm always compelled to seek out every single crow's nest before actually starting to play. It's kind of annoying.
    You'll burn out twice as fast if you do that.

Try and keep your activities varied between exploration, patience and action. The game no efforts to guide you to variety until Ass Creed 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Raaritsgozilla View Post
    It helps if you just creep to the left then silent takedown anyone when they get too close to your shadows. Then mark and execute groups of 2 or 3 if you have upgraded your pistols to it. Rinse and repeat.
    The hardest part I found on that mission was when you finally get into the gatehouse and kill the lights everyone rushes you. Hit cover and pop out for shots.

I loved conviction. One of the few games that held me in for long enough to complete it. Same as ME2
    Do you know how hard we are in the minority? Really though, had the game been called "Borne: Superlative" people would be hailing it as the greatest movie game since goldeneye and it would have universal acclaim, but because its "not splinter cell" peoples pants get twisted.
    Last edited by Heliocentric; 01-06-2012 at 01:01 PM.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    In a similar sartorial vein you can get a bowler hat from the NyteBlade pack which comes free with the Season One Pass, I have no idea if it's worth it full price having not played any of it but its similarly discounted in the Steam Midweek Madness deal so I bought it for 4.23 or whatever it was. There isn't much in life which costs less than 4.23 these days.
    That's quite a good price, considering the season pass includes the three DLC packs that actually matter, Genkibowl VII, Gangstas in Space and Trouble With Clones.

Gangstas in Space and to a lesser extent Trouble with Clones are really good!

I'm currently playing Divinity II: Dragon Knight Saga which I got from amazon for 6$. It's quite good, doesn't take itself too seriously and mind reading was a fantastic idea.
    Later in the day, I will probably play some Binding of Isaac (I was quite good at it, now my skills are rubbish) and Day Z. Both games have in common that I die a lot, although Isaac thankfully doesn't have any ladders. Goddamn ladders.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FunnyB View Post
    That's quite a good price, considering the season pass includes the three DLC packs that actually matter, Genkibowl VII, Gangstas in Space and Trouble With Clones.

Gangstas in Space and to a lesser extent Trouble with Clones are really good!
    I'm sure I'll enjoy it, as SR III has been the best Rollercoaster Tycoon type stupid creative fun I've had on a computer since Rollercoatser Tycoon came out. Wasn't wanting to recommend it objectivley is all.

I haven't bought any of the other DLC but if/when it hits half price I'll buy most of it that fits the game's best tropes. Not too fussed about the Penthouse Pets (ugh) or the cheat one but anything that lets me shoot things in a fun way whilst looking stupid (and in the game) will be first on my summer sale shopping list.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I was considering buying the bundle just for this (as i have all the others on steam) is it really that bad?
    It is, though why not give charity some money to find out for yourself?

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Labbes View Post
    Both games have in common that I die a lot, although Isaac thankfully doesn't have any ladders. Goddamn ladders.
    There are ladders in BoI! :) And they are quite handy, too, if you don't have any items for flying.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Giaddon View Post
    It is, though why not give charity some money to find out for yourself?
    Sound argument.

I can decide if I'm in the "its art" camp or the "its crap" camp too.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    I would be playing Saints Row the Third but Gaben's piece of shit DRM software decided to overwrite my latest saves with earlier ones meaning I've lost almost a week's worth of progress.

Fuck.
    That.
    Shit.

Fuck you, Gaben. Seriously.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Ho-ho fuck yes, Bill Gates' Windows 7 saves the day.

Fuck you, Gaben!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    It's not his fault.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    And I highly doubt that there's a line of code for "randomly fuck with people's savegames for the lulz."
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen