Page 294 of 1139 FirstFirst ... 194244284292293294295296304344394794 ... LastLast
Results 5,861 to 5,880 of 22770
    Lesser Hivemind Node Juan Carlo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    Kill people and sell their stuff.
    Tournaments are profitable (last floris mod update nerfed that heavily). Just go to a tavern and ask bards where a feast is being held. Usually if there is a feast there is a tournament.
    Go to castles. Lords usually have quests, as well as guild masters in the cities.

There's a very profitable trade circuit that takes you from town to town around the map. Just buy low and sell high. If I remmeber correctly I only had to circle the whole map like three times before I had enough to invest in several businesses, at which point money generates automatically. Then just keep buying businesses as you get enough money. Eventually you will have so much money that you can rebuild your entire army from just one payday.

Network Hub
    Given up Far Cry 2 now; didn't even get as far as I did the first time, not long before the second half. It's strange. One day I'm happily swimming in a stream, marvelling at the night sky (which I thought was better than Skyrim's), and the next day the gamey, grindy-ness of it takes over. It's like something just snaps.

Spending some time with Fallen London now, while looking for something else to play. Fallen London handles grind very well because it's actually painless. You just read the storylet, click a button, read a bit more, and then repeat without reading. It doesn't pretend that you're supposed to find the grindy bits fun and concentrates on providing fun in other ways.

Finished Part II of Sword & Sworcery EP. I'm lost for words (in a positive way)
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Activated Node
    Playing Day Z. Thank you, RPS, for destroying my life.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Carlo View Post
    There's a very profitable trade circuit that takes you from town to town around the map. Just buy low and sell high. If I remmeber correctly I only had to circle the whole map like three times before I had enough to invest in several businesses, at which point money generates automatically. Then just keep buying businesses as you get enough money. Eventually you will have so much money that you can rebuild your entire army from just one payday.
    oh? could you explain it more please? cause i am sitting on 1800 gold with 260 upkeep of my army. and i got to train 7 guys to be elites so my spending will go up even higher when i grind.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Malawi Frontier Guard's Avatar
    Binding of Isaac is cursed. I can't finish my Eve run.

Just now I got epic fetus, thinking it would be an easy ride. I enter Mom's room and use best friend for the hell of it. As she steps on the decoy, the game freezes. Turns out this instantly kills you for some reason.

Path of Exile - I haven't played huge amounts yet, but thoroughly enjoying it (and certainly a lot more than I enjoyed the D3 beta). Whilst I haven't really got to grips with the passive skill tree and the active skill gems (plus supports), I'm quite excited by the possibilities. Mostly as I've ended up with a paladin-esque, mace wielding, sparkly shield wearing, aura toting templar who can rain fire down from the skies like a sorceress, leap into battle like a barbarian and raise zombies like a necro. See this? This is happiness.

And I've just finished playing GTA IV + EFLC, and really enjoyed all of that too. The plot was a little basic but I genuinely liked some of the characters, but the city....my god the city.....she is beautiful. Especially after I applied icEnhancer, but even without that, the scope and detail of the city just takes my breath away. I couldn't help but constantly compare how far games have come in the 27 or so years I've been gaming. It's astonishing. I got to the point where I was quite happy to do nothing but drive around, soaking it all in. More of that please, yes. Though some better porting would be lovely, thanks.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Trinity of Elements is a bizarre deck, it performed well against Ancient Depths and utterly crushed the normally-formidable Realm of Illusion, but got battered by rubbish like Apex Predators and Dragon's Roar.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Goddamn, some of the later vehicle theft missions in Saints Row 3 are really hard. Basically, you have to grab the worst vehicles imaginable (garbage truck, concrete truck, limousine, etc.) which are slow and handle like shit. Oh, and you have a permanent 3-4 cop badges on your ass so you get continuously harassed by attack helis, SWAT teams, road blockades, etc.. More often than not the car gets blown to pieces not even halfway to the destination.
    Luckily, I found out you can use the police notoriety wipe while doing these missions and then you can just deliver the car without any intervention. It really feels like cheating but I don't see any alternative.
    Also, whoever came up with the Trailblazing minigame should be thrown into a shark tank.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    Luckily, I found out you can use the police notoriety wipe while doing these missions and then you can just deliver the car without any intervention.
    That's what I was about to suggest. Just as well, you can't use your notoriety wipes or mayor call-in for in-mission stuff, so what else would you use it for?
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Network Hub
    I haven't touched Diablo 3 for weeks and felt a loot whore void so I'm back to WoW. I took a 2-month break from WoW because I was bored of clearing the same raid week after week. Now I've rolled on a new server and am roughing it with no heirlooms or bank and I'm having a good time. It's ridiculous how replayable the game is, particularly after a refreshing break.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Played a bit of Blacklight: Retribution. It looks nice; it has a bit of a Deus Ex: HR feel to it (except that it's not orange everywhere) in that it's futuristic, but not in a space-age kind of way, and it's generally dark, rainy and not-quite-perfect. They've got some decent maps in there with some pretty fun gameplay and a nice bit of variety as far as customizing your character goes - but the fact that the stuff you buy, either with in-game points or paid-for-currency, lasts only a day or two before it disappears is perhaps understandable from a business perspective, but not really very encouraging from a players perspective. You can buy the items for longer periods of time, even permanently, but the price becomes very expensive. I'm not sure how this impacts the competitiveness of stingy players yet.
    Last edited by Tritagonist; 05-06-2012 at 10:41 PM.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Empire Total War might have gotten me. Took a while, and I thought about quitting several times, but now I understand what's going on things are clicking more.
    I now understand that you need to fight naval combat personally, as that way you won't lose lots of ships/men and you'll probably come away with trophies to sell. Also, never give a straight attack order unless the battle is all but won.
    I now know that taking territories angers other nations so slow expansion is advised, else you find yourself in a war with Spain and France at the same time.
    I now realise that you need to very careful with your economy, as a few bad things happening at once can make you go bankrupt - something I've discovered (the hard way) will fuck you up for several years after the fact, even if it was only for 1 turn.
    It also takes a while to get your head around the different style of combat. This isn't Rome: you can't win every or even most battle by cavalry shock tactics

But now I've learnt these and other things, everything has clicked and I'm having a lot of fun. It's become a Total War game, where clicking the 'End Turn' button is irresistible and will keep you up far too late.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    Empire Total War might have gotten me.
    I played over 250 hours of Empire before playing Napoleon. Have you played that? It may be my favorite of the series so far, but I have yet to play Shogun 2.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    I love Shogun, but I miss the scale of Rome and Medieval, but when I play Empire it's too much! Maybe Napoleon would be the one for me, never really tried it, even though I have it on Steam.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    I have Napoleon. His day will come.

Probably once I've finished Empire and left a few months to recover from Total War fever.
    Last edited by Casimir Effect; 06-06-2012 at 11:47 AM.

I'm taking a break from Day Z to enjoy its parent game, Arma 2. I'm playing some of the singleplayer campaigns and scenarios. Arma does have a bit of a learning curve, but once you're used to it, it's much easier to appreciate the immersive experience it offers.

Also attended my second 'Tactical Tuesday' with the ARPS crew last night, which was tremendous fun. We did some pretty good coop and adversarial missions, followed by a test mission which involved charging at the enemy by riding bicycles, where our mission objective was to capture an exploding goat. (no really!)

Also just started L.A Noire. I had a major performance problem when I first loaded it - my frame rate was in single digits - but a quick trip to Rockstar's tech forum revealed a solution. I'm quickly finding out that I'm not very good at interrogating people, but I do love that the gameplay feels as if you're actually solving crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    It's quite handholdy for the first... few missions. You get walked through numerous activities but once you finish a certain big mission, you've got a lot more free reign.

That said, you don't have to do the missions at all. You can just go off on your own - but if you follow the story missions and so on, you'll get what you want a lot faster.
    Well, I have to change my opinion about Saints Row 3 after playing it for some hours. I'm enjoying it pretty much, and am already overwhelmed by all the possibilities available! It's still not my usual cup of tea, for I'm not too fond of mindless shooting/fighting, but so far I'm not bored by it, which is a good sign. And I love details like being able to surf on a car, use a parachute when falling and even details like your character singing along with the radio.
    Mijn Uitlaatklep - My (Dutch) blog about games, music and more

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Been playing some more Warlock. The AI definitely needs some work, particularly in expansion, creation of powerful units, and overcoming its odd water fetish. But it is still good fun.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Network Hub
    I was gonna play the new DLC for Dungeons of Dredmor but I don't see the new skills in the beggining. Do I have to somehow make it active or..?