Page 296 of 1206 FirstFirst ... 196246286294295296297298306346396796 ... LastLast
Results 5,901 to 5,920 of 24106
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Alright I... don't understand this. There's so much to complain about with skyrim - the lacklustre combat, the nonexistent characters, the empty world - but the fact that you don't need to backtrack through a dungeon just to get out again isn't top of its list of problems.
    I think it's called "IF I JUST BROUGHT A LADDER I WOULDN'T HAVE TO GO THE LONG WAY"
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Quote Originally Posted by Tikey View Post
    I've just finished Saints row the third: The trouble with clones.
    THE FINAL MISSION MY GOD! Could barely play from laughter. It was brilliant.
    Too bad we didn't find a way to re-activate the super powers again :(

Still playing Catherine, up to the sixth night. I can't get enough of the announcer at the beginning of each 'boss' stage: "The [Child/Doom's Bride/etc.] has arrived. It's the killer. Do not die." I wish all video games came with such succinct instructions.

EDIT: Found a clip with the voiceover, ~0:20:

Also I can't believe that Katherine may be cheating on me. =/
    Last edited by Rii; 07-06-2012 at 06:11 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Juan Carlo View Post
    I just finished "Geneforge 4" and it might be one of the best RPGs I've ever played. It approaches Fallout 2 levels of greatness, I think. Geneforge 3, while taking a huge leap forward in the quality of writing in the series, also was a bit restricted and linear and the last portions of the game became a massive monster grinding slog. But G4 is just the right size, nearly every mission can be completed in 3 or 4 different ways (often without fighting at all), and the storyline is far and away the best of any spiderweb game I've ever played.
    You are going to have such a ball with GF5.

Can't wait to see your reactions!
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Jerusalem View Post
    i don't understand you or your kind.
    It's called a respect for superb audio design and insanity resulting from enjoyment of adventure games, I'd say.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Keep View Post
    I'm doing my best to avoid it but it keeps leaking in. Like poo out of a sewage pipe. (A linear sewage pipe that is, with a boss and a special treasure chest at the end, and a shortcut route afterward that conveniently drops you back outside.)
    If you want you could just turn around at the end of the dungeon and spend 5-20mins of your life walking out with pride. Throw on that Proclaimers song while doing it to enhance the fun. On repeat, of course.

Thanks to a few weeks of break from everything (stomach bugs, exams, weekend retreats) I've not been able to really play games at all (or do anything else) but slowly getting back into things. Still trudging with Amalur every now and then - enjoyable, but can only play for small portions every now and then because it's getting a bit monotonous. What's been taking my time moreso has been Rayman Origins that a friend got me for my birthday a while back. Now, despite pretty much starting my gaming life with an endless armada of 2D platformers, I've gone off the genre quite a lot in the recent years and it's really hard for me to find one that really sticks with me. Sonic Generations' 2D parts did it last year and now Rayman Origins has stolen my heart. Such a wonderfully charming, adorable, lovely, feel-good, funny, beautiful, perfectly executed game that is, to put it simply, incredibly fun. The level design is excellent, the art style and animation are AMAZING, the difficulty is spot-on and it's all just so damn charming and charismatic. I can't help but smile when playing it. Lovely, lovely little thing.
    Give me steam and how you feel to make it real.

Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Alright I... don't understand this. There's so much to complain about with skyrim - the lacklustre combat, the nonexistent characters, the empty world - but the fact that you don't need to backtrack through a dungeon just to get out again isn't top of its list of problems.
    No what bothers me about it isn't the shortcut, it's the predictable structure of the whole thing. Every mission I take on, doesn't matter if I'm working for the Bard's college, or the Mage's guild, or just some random mini-quest, or woteva. It's gonna be the same deal regardless: travel to cave/cairn/ruin, crawl down a linear tunnel, boss room at the end, shortcut out. Would it have killed 'em to throw in a few more open-ended maps for the quests, like something you'd meet in Doom, or Thief, or Deus Ex? (Ok, high-standards I know, but at LEAST just a few different patterns!)
    Free speech don't mean unchallengeable speech.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    There could probably be a few more sprawly interiors, but I guess you go into a dungeon to get something different from the open exterior so it isn't that bad.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    I'm finished with Binding of Isaac for now.

Platinum.jpg

That took a lot more time than I'd care to admit. Now, since the Dead State Kickstarter just launched two days ago I figured I'd play through Vampire: Bloodlines again to see if it's as good as I remember. But I don't know what clan I should choose. Already played as Brujah, Malkavian and Nosferatu. Any suggestions?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Tremere; nothing like killing your foes by making them puke their innards.

Obscure Node
    Now playing through Half Life 2: Episode 1 and Bastion (which is beautiful!).

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Jerusalem View Post
    i don't understand you or your kind.
    and what kind would that be? ;)

The game is not without flaws, the writing can be uneven, and the twitter integration is just a little more tolerable than Word's Clippy. But it was also a game that dragged me in its world as I was playing it, and that's about one of the greatest compliment I can make to any game.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by apricotsoup View Post
    Free DLC on steam can be odd if the devs put it out as DLC instead of a patch as you need to go to the DLC page and hit install (even if you already have the game installed). This will credit your account with the DLC and it should work fine.

If you've done all of this and it's a DoD issue, ignore me :]
    Thanks! It helped!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    The later levels of Tidalis are rather fiendish.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    @fiddlesticks Malkavian are the best thing in the game, best dialogue, best unique content, best "your character spelling out the plot of the game but it didn't make sense at the time", best argument with inanimate objects, best conversation "win button" (insanity).

Feel free to play Malkavian 2nd, but don't miss out.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    @fiddlesticks Malkavian
    He already played Malkavian, Nosferatu and Brujah.
    But yes, for anyone else reading that might not have beaten VtmBloodlines as Malkavian: you're missing out on some of the funniest and most interesting dialogues in the game. Although I'd say that Malkavian is best played for a 2nd run, really puts into perspective some bits of insanity.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Although I'd say that Malkavian is best played for a 2nd run, really puts into perspective some bits of insanity.
    I second that. Nozzie's are third.

any other clan can be first.

Finished Saints row 3 yesterday now getting stuck into AC: Revelations. Why do games have to have such long tutorials, yeah AC games are about the worst, 3 hours in and still being told about stuff. Thing is it is pretty much the same as the last 3 games. Still I love the game though. Once I finished this I will go back and finish Torchlight.

I found Toreador to be a pretty great clan to go with thanks to the Celerity power. Bullet time in a game with wonky combat is a blessing.
    Give me steam and how you feel to make it real.