Page 299 of 1212 FirstFirst ... 199249289297298299300301309349399799 ... LastLast
Results 5,961 to 5,980 of 24238
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Huh, I found the writing in Vampire to be at least five times as good as the writing in Alpha Protocol, which was uniformly terrible. If you dislike Vampires, though, I don't know why you would pick up the game.

Still Diablo 3 mostly, but I'm starting to play other stuff as well. Other stuff being Wrath of the Lamb and TF2. After playing D3's Inferno difficulty TF2 is starting to feel like a vacation.
    steam

http://dailycelluloid.blogspot.com/- where I write about movies.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Giaddon View Post
    Huh, I found the writing in Vampire to be at least five times as good as the writing in Alpha Protocol, which was uniformly terrible. If you dislike Vampires, though, I don't know why you would pick up the game.
    Alpha Protocol was suitably cheesey for its genre of Spy Thriller, but for moody supernatural drama Bloodlines falls short, but really if I was to take 2 vertical slice moments of my most memorable scenes
    Talking to Velvet Velour:
    Velvet Velour: Mmm-hmm...
    Malkavian: What is your fable, doll?
    Velvet Velour: Mmm-hmm...
    Malkavian: How come you hide your true name behind a fabric, Susan?
    Velvet Velour: There's only one part of my body I don't want anyone entering and that's my head. That other name...never say it again, it belongs to a dead girl.
    Malkavian: Why are you hiding your past from me doll?
    Velvet Velour: I'm not hiding, I'm not that girl, she was flawed, she was naive, she was nobody and now she's dead. Let the dead rest in peace. My name is VV, show yourself out, I'd like to say a prayer for someone I used to know.
    This is a Quest breaker, only happens for Malkavians

A Conrad Marburg

The range of variation in both is excellent
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Raiden 3. Shit's hard. I think it actually did see a Windows release, but I'm playing the PS2 version.

I am trying really hard to get into Deus Ex: Human Revolution, and it's just not doing it for me. It seems like the developers were so focused on creating a game like the original Deus Ex, they forgot to put any heart into the game. Everything just feels really mechanical, and not in a good way that fits the augmentation theme :) . I'm at the end of the 2nd city and the game really feels like a chore to keep playing. And this is coming from someone who liked Deus Ex, Invisible War, and the Project Snowblind shooter spin-off to play all of them multiple times.

Quote Originally Posted by Hensler View Post
    I'm at the end of the 2nd city and the game really feels like a chore to keep playing.
    Skip quests, really, you don't need to wallpaper your mom's basement and collect all the cans in the drive, sort them into steel and aluminium with a magnet and them take them to be recycled.

You only need about 30% of the praxis points to really shine.

Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    You only need about 30% of the praxis points to really shine.
    That's kind of the impression I started to get looking at the "tech tree" - and only a few of the augments are very interesting. I'd like to see more crazy stuff like the punching through walls or turning my body into an IED and less stuff that feels like a basic Call of Duty perk. I think I've found all the Praxis stuff I can at this point in the game, and I'm already an uber-hacker with some strong stealth skills.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    This is a Quest breaker, only happens for Malkavians
    The F--- you dare doing? You will make me play Bloodlines again. Goddamnit Malkavian playthrough was such an amazing thing.

Playing Mass Effect 2. I quit Warband. not a game for me.

Hardcore level of difficulty. Femshep and trying to play as renegade as possible. Second playthrough of ME2, started last year but quit eight hours in.
    I continued from my last save.

First hour or so was so so frustrating as i completely forgot how to play the game, to play vanguard properly. I died a lot, couldn't properly do anything. lots of restarts and 20 hours later i pretty much crush anyone who is not a boss and die only when i get too overconfident (it doesn't help that this move which allows you to hit your enemy with great power is so awesome and yet so useless most of the time. good for regenerating shield in tight spot but using it when there is more than one guy is extremely hazardous).

Finished Torchlight yesterday. It was fun for a while but got a bit samey. Still it was a freebie for ordering TL2 so can't complain, I got 25 odd hours out of it, which is 5 times more than MW3.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Vexing Vision's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Giaddon View Post
    Because everyone tells me that if I like computer roleplaying games, it's the one game "I must play". I have some very convincing friends who nevertheless underestimated my dislike of Vampires despite severe discussions on the topic.
    NETWORKING 101 SIGNATURE INCOMING
    Playing games with each other makes for the best business contacts, so feel free to add me on LinkedIn.
    You should also follow me on Twitter.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vexing Vision View Post
    Apart from that, neither combat nor stealth nor character progression impresses me. Dialogues would have been cheesy for a game 10 years older and I saw the "surprise" in the Asylum coming when I entered the room upstairs.
    Hang in there. AP didn't get good till the starting country was over.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    If you dislike vampires it can probably never be good. But of course disliking vampires means you are obvioulsy malfunctioning, so who knows.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Activated Node
    Playing Far Cry 2 over and over again expecting it to change into Far Cry 3.

Wait a second...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Elven Legacy is quite a vicious game. I'm not even sure how it is physically possible to win gold on the mission I just played. I suppose I could rush my skyships to the hexer and hit him with spells from afar.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by NathanH View Post
    If you dislike vampires it can probably never be good.
    I don't know, I dislike vampires and still managed to enjoy the game (although I wouldn't call it a classic).
    Give me steam and how you feel to make it real.

I'm still quite baffled about how I managed to take down a coupla Bell Gargoyles, playing as my second character in Dark Souls. I tried killing them with a Halberd +3, which had me to go through a few good tries, a few months ago and I tried killing them with a Broadsword +5 (with a little helping of gold pine resin) and I almost took down the first one before its buddy went down to fry me! Didn't die fighting them, today. And I almost won a Gargoyle Helm...
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

NIPPON DOMINATION-log or new playthrough of Shogun 2 in which I may fail miserably and restart several times-log

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Because everyone tells me that if I like computer roleplaying games, it's the one game "I must play". I have some very convincing friends who nevertheless underestimated my dislike of Vampires despite severe discussions on the topic.
    Never take "you must play this" claims seriously, tastes are far more subjective than anyone is willing to admit, and the sacred cattle of PC gaming are all deeply flawed besides.

PC Gaming is more broken than any other type, but that allows the epic and the bizzare in.

It's a compromise I'm more than happy with.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    So I got Vampire: Bloodlines to run.

It's not impressing me. At all.

Part of this is because of fucking sparkly vampires. I hate fucking sparkly vampires. And I know way too many people playing Vampire as pen&paper. And they're all fucking sparkly. I think it's catching.

Apart from that, neither combat nor stealth nor character progression impresses me. Dialogues would have been cheesy for a game 10 years older and I saw the "surprise" in the Asylum coming when I entered the room upstairs.

I'm probably becoming jaded, and it doesn't help that just two weeks ago, I replayed Alpha Protocol which has excellent dialogues despite also not impressing me with combat and stealth.
    There should be a massive fan-patch around that fixes a lot of stuff and enhances the textures somewhat if I recall correctly.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    PC Gaming is more broken than any other type, but that allows the epic and the bizzare in.

It's a compromise I'm more than happy with.
    Oh, me too. I just mean that one man's sacred cow is another man's broken pile of useless slag, even moreso in PC gaming than in other media.