Page 302 of 1212 FirstFirst ... 202252292300301302303304312352402802 ... LastLast
Results 6,021 to 6,040 of 24231
    Network Hub
    Crusader Kings 2.

Well, kind of. The game has far, far too many buttons and no real tutorial to speak of. The Youtube tutorials I have seen are dry and long-winded so I'm just hacking away at it and learning as I go.

Lesser Hivemind Node Spider Jerusalem's Avatar
    game of thrones da rpg. enjoying it much more the second time round. i bounced off it at first (immediately), but was hungover/disinterested enough in the world to give it another shot today. i think watching the entire second season of the show in about a day and a half also helped. really solid if you're a fan of the world.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    It is, however, extremely good looking and refreshing to see so many colours in an FPS. The humour is fairly good, if not a little predictable and as I said, the actual gun-play is pretty good. The whole game just feels lacking though. It's just one long shooting gallery, where it neither doesn't care and just runs with this (a la Serious Sam) nor tries to persuade you that it isn't. Disappointed, I'm sure, is the word I'm looking for. It's not bad, it's just painfully mediocre. I hope the second half does something cool, but I'm not convinced it will be.
    I paid £35 for it. Seriously.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    1.5 years on, I decided to re-attempt Amnesia from the beginning... Even the parts where I know there aren't any monsters or real danger freak me out.

So I ended up playing Oracle of Seasons instead.

Obscure Node
    First few days in The Binding of Isaac. Sick little game, but fun :)

Activated Node
    On the few people talking about Far Cry series:

Seriously Crytek have this twisted fascination with ruining their games at the half-way mark by putting in unnecessary monsters/aliens.

Like c'mon, I'm sure everyone playing Far Cry 1 thought they were having this awesome Rambo experience until they pull the trigens on you. It's like a smack in the face - maybe that's why I like Far Cry 2 more. Roll on FC3 though, finally with working stealth melee kills!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Jerusalem View Post
    game of thrones da rpg. enjoying it much more the second time round. i bounced off it at first (immediately), but was hungover/disinterested enough in the world to give it another shot today. i think watching the entire second season of the show in about a day and a half also helped. really solid if you're a fan of the world.
    I really want this, but the bank messed up on sending me my new credit card thrice. :(

I'm done with L.A Noire. I really want to like it, since there are some great ideas there, and solving crimes as a cop is a nice change of pace; but there are so many things which bug me about it too.

I've had a number of cases now where I've performed fairly well, picking up solid evidence and asking the right questions, only to have the case completely fall apart when I get a single question wrong near the end. It's very frustrating, and sometimes illogical.

I feel the devs should have taken the resources devoted to the shooting and driving bits (which are both mediocre) and funnelled them into fleshing out the investigation and interrogation elements. The action bits would have handled perfectly well in cutscenes.

I started and finished Dear Esther as well. I'm really not sure what to make of it. It's ... an experience, I guess.

After that I booted up Q.U.B.E. There's a Portal-like vibe coming from it, but the puzzle mechanics are distinct enough. It's not particularly taxing, but the game changes itself often enough not to become stale. Liking it so far.
    Last edited by airtekh; 12-06-2012 at 12:13 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Crusader Kings 2 with the GOT mod, I have no idea what I'm doing or what most things mean.
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravelle View Post
    Crusader Kings 2 with the GOT mod, I have no idea what I'm doing or what most things mean.
    I was tempted to give it a whirl. Is it the tweaked features you're having trouble with, or did you not know what you were doing in the base game either?

Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    I hope the second half does something cool, but I'm not convinced it will be.
    It won't, it's pretty much the same as the first half.

The thing that annoyed me about Bulletstorm is that there is a great, immensely fun shooter extravaganza bubbling underneath the surface of the game but it keeps getting pushed down by all sorts of bigger and smaller annoyances (constant dreadful NPC accompaniment, weapon selection limits, levels that do not take full advantage of the zany action you could have in the game, etc). There's potential and it occasionally taps into that potential, but never allows it to go wild with it. A shame, because god knows today's FPS world needs more games with a more colourful, imaginative design, a setting that isn't modern/almost-modern warfare and genuinely fun weapons.

Decided to finish Amalur last night and just had a big binge of it. The final journey didn't really stand out from the rest of the game, and if I'm honest I actually started getting annoyed at all the enemies - for a long time the combat had become completely trivial because my character was essentially a god among men who couldn't be defeated and by the end I had already gotten slightly bored at the invulnerable onslaught I could cause just by twirling my fingers. Ending was enjoyable, even if hilariously abrupt in transition from the final boss' death to the final cutscene. Overall, a pleasant and enjoyable game - at times, and especially in the beginning, it actually feels like a great game but it's way overlong and the consequences of that (character overpowers everything, the skills become pointless, everything starts feeling a bit monotonous and repetetive) start to overshadow the good times I actually had with the game.

Now I'm once again at that crossroads where I've no idea what to play next despite a grand desire to play something. I've still got Rayman Origins hanging in the background but I'm in the mood for another long, sprawling RPG-ish adventure. Just can't decide which one. Somewhat leaning towards Dragon Age: Origins but who knows what I'll end up with.
    Last edited by Flint; 12-06-2012 at 12:48 PM.
    Give me steam and how you feel to make it real.

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Flint View Post
    I've still got Rayman Origins hanging in the background but I'm in the mood for another long, sprawling RPG-ish adventure.
    For what it's worth, I heartily recommend going through Rayman: Origins. It's the best platformer I've played in years. So unashamedly joyful.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    I paid £35 for it. Seriously.
    Ow. I remember trying the demo as soon as it was available on the 360 and thinking "Hey, this is pretty good...but not amazing." I only picked it up on Steam during a sale because it was really cheap and I did have some interest in it. It's one of those occasions where I wished my convictions were a little stronger and I'd gone with my "not amazing" rather than "this is pretty good" feeling.

Quote Originally Posted by Flint View Post
    It won't, it's pretty much the same as the first half.
    Ah. Well that'll make tonight's session all the more fun!

The thing that annoyed me about Bulletstorm is that there is a great, immensely fun shooter extravaganza bubbling underneath the surface of the game but it keeps getting pushed down by all sorts of bigger and smaller annoyances.
    Bingo. I generally agreed with all of that paragraph, but as a summation, yes. I can tell there is a great game there and it almost makes me sad that there won't be a sequel, but the potential was unmet here and it unfortunately shows.

Quote Originally Posted by airtekh View Post
    I'm done with L.A Noire. I really want to like it, since there are some great ideas there, and solving crimes as a cop is a nice change of pace; but there are so many things which bug me about it too.
    I have an issue with L.A. Noire; I want to play it, but part of it has been spoiled and the general response people seem to have for it is "alright". Having learnt from Bulletstorm and a variety of other games that I shouldn't just rely on alright, despite the price, I'm conflicted between a game I'm genuinely very curious about and one that I've actually heard other people's thoughts on it...