Page 308 of 1054 FirstFirst ... 208258298306307308309310318358408808 ... LastLast
Results 6,141 to 6,160 of 21075
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodeen View Post
    This patch will add controller buttons to the GUI. Just be sure to let it run for a little while, it's not the best at indicating progress.
    Eh? I've played the game for over 2 hours and it does recognise some controller inputs on the GUI, but overall it seems like it doesn't quite get it. How long is 'a little while', do you know?
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    So, Psychonauts, eh? It's pretty good, isn't it?
    My advice, which I wish I had known during my play through- Get the arrowhead diviner thing asap and then search for the deep arrowheads straight away so that you can buy the cobweb duster, which becomes a necessity later on. Without wanting to spoil anything it is much harder to collect the deep arrowheads to afford it after a few hours in.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Wow, RAGE sure ended suddenly. I was expecting something more epic I guess?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lambchops's Avatar
    Started Max Payne 3 but got distracted by the FTL beta.

Drox Imperative for the last 4hrs. OMFG it's space crack!

Just finished the main story to Alan Wake. I have to agree with some comments I've seen that the gameplay gets pretty stale about halfway through, but my god the story more than carried me until the end. And what an end! Totally spine-chilling. Now I'm up to the specials, and I started playing The Signal, but it was a massive step up in difficulty from the main game.

Quote Originally Posted by The JG Man View Post
    Eh? I've played the game for over 2 hours and it does recognise some controller inputs on the GUI, but overall it seems like it doesn't quite get it. How long is 'a little while', do you know?
    It appears that I am dumb and did not link to the patch I was referring to. Try this out.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2151566

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LutherBlissett View Post
    Drox Imperative for the last 4hrs. OMFG it's space crack!
    How does it play? I'm interested, but can't find any decent videos or articles on it.

Diablo 3 and Arkham City mostly.

I had a list of games to play so I decided to play a ton of them at once. Currently playing Full Throttle, The Dig, No One Lives Forever, Vampire : Bloodlines, Octodad, and replaying Curse of Monkey Island, Splinter Cell 1, and Mechwarrior 2.

Granted I'm not getting very far in any of them but I figure I'll stick with the ones I like best.

On the list to start up this weekend are The Witcher and The Saboteur

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodeen View Post
    It appears that I am dumb and did not link to the patch I was referring to. Try this out.

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2151566
    Thanks, I'll look into that!
    Powered by Steam. And biscuits. I'm also a twit and dabble in creative writing.

IMO Psychonauts doesn't even require a pad, the mouse/keyboard controls are well done.
    Give me steam and how you feel to make it real.

Network Hub
    I just dropped $15 on LOTRO's Steam Starter Pack, someone sent me a 21-day Eve trial today, and I have Analog: A Hate Story staring my in the face begging to be completed.

So how come all I can think about is Origin's Bioforge? It's an awful game but I'm having nostalgic pangs to beat a blue imprisoned man with his own severed arm!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by djbriandamage View Post
    I'm having nostalgic pangs to beat a blue imprisoned man with his own severed arm!
    And in the game?
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by djbriandamage View Post
    and I have Analog: A Hate Story staring my in the face begging to be completed.
    ...Fuck. *Adds to the list of games to buy during the sale* *Sigh*

On topic: DotA2 with some IRL friends and tried the War of the Roses alpha a bit. I'd comment, but I'm pretty certain the NDA says something about an endless pit in the bowels of the earth or something like that.
    Oh, and also started Noitu Love 2 from the Indie Royale; it's like a beat'em up on crack cocaine that was told to become mouse-centric if he wanted to keep receiving his doses of crack. Pretty damn fine, and hectic as all hell, can't play for long or I get dizzyness.

Lesser Hivemind Node TailSwallower's Avatar
    Lone Survivor. It's weird, it's creepy, it's unsettling, and I honestly don't know what to expect from the game. Loving it so far.

Noitu Love 2: Devolution. Played the first stage and I'm not too sure about it. So far it's simply been a case of holding the right arrow and clicking on things until they fell down dead. 2D side-scrolling Diablo? Not at all, but the constant clicking certainly didn't feel like exciting gameplay to me. Doesn't appear to be any different attacks - apart from the double-tap moves which are limited), and doesn't appear to be any meaningful combos, ways to juggle enemies or anything like that.
    Shame though, 'cause the art style and animations are great (if you like that sort of thing).
    weekendwarrio.rs - We've got more games than time...

Quote Originally Posted by Woundedbum View Post
    How does it play? I'm interested, but can't find any decent videos or articles on it.
    If you've ever played Din's Curse or more specifically Depths of Peril... it plays like them but in space. The things that make those games "quirky" fit naturally into the space setting. Evolving / organising AI, algorithmically generated sectors etc... It reminds me of a skirmish game of Star Control II though I haven't played it for a while. OR imagine someone else is playing Endless Space or GalCivII and you are Han Solo... working for the highest bidder. That's kinda what it is... doing missions for the NPC AI - helping them win the galaxy.

Play wise... it has a learning curve and no effective tutorial yet but if you stick with it for a few hours, and have played any Action RPG, you'll probably get it. It starts off slow and builds up to hectic within the first hour as the NPC AI start expanding and declaring wars.

After the disappointment that Krater currently is, Drox was a happy find.

Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    ...and tried the War of the Roses alpha a bit. I'd comment, but I'm pretty certain the NDA says something about an endless pit in the bowels of the earth or something like that.
    I'm one of those people whom God forsook. Now i doubly hate Fatshark.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Still working my way through The Witcher 2.

I'm in Act 1, maybe the middle of it, and I'm finding it okay. The combat is... a little crappy, I much prefer TW1's style, but I think the minigames have improved somewhat.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Still working my way through The Witcher 2.

I'm in Act 1, maybe the middle of it, and I'm finding it okay. The combat is... a little crappy, I much prefer TW1's style, but I think the minigames have improved somewhat.
    I've owned Witcher 2 since it came out, but haven't ever actually gotten around to playing it. I wasn't a big fan of the rhythm game combat in the original, how's the new combat work?