Page 320 of 1186 FirstFirst ... 220270310318319320321322330370420820 ... LastLast
Results 6,381 to 6,400 of 23705
  1. #6381
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,583
    Quote Originally Posted by bonkers View Post
    Wanted to beat "Orcs versus Humans" over the last weeks but three days ago I started steam and my OVH savegames were just gone and nowhere to be found. As I was already 3/4 through the game I stopped it. Maybe I watch a Lets Play or something on the last levels... I was waiting for part 2 but now I am unlikely to get it. That issue kinda killed the fun for me.
    Out of curiosity, are you referring to Orcs Must Die or have you been playing through Warcraft 1 recently?

  2. #6382
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    Stalker. For fourth time...
    and this time i want to beat it. last time a bugged quest killed my interest in the game and i haven't touched it in four years. (time passes so quickly goddamnit)
    I want to get into that game so bad, because I know I would love it, but every time I get some terrible bug or glitch that stops me. I recently reinstalled it, patched everything up, downloaded the STALKER: Complete mod, and it crashes every time I try to open the first door. :|

  3. #6383
    Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    984
    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Decided to mess around on Saints Row the Third this afternoon and finish off the activities. The game crashed during my final one, so I'll do that shortly.

    But yeah... The activities do kinda suck, especially towards Hard difficulty. It's not so much they become truly hard, more they follow the Dragon Age 2 school of thought - +difficulty = +more enemies. Not better AI, not lower ammo, but MORE enemies. This gets particularly frustrating during the Escort and Snatch missions as the roads often become impassable or the frustrating aspects (e.g. the 'footage' bar during some Escort missions goes up because you're being trailed by, like, 7 TV vans) are stacked against your favour with no real room for you to counter it. There's also a Mayhem/Rampage (I forget) one on an island that changes at one point during the game, and it becomes ridiculously hard if you try it after that point. I only managed it 'cos I blew down every fence I saw with the rocket launcher.

    They're okay the first few times, sure, but after that you just get fed up with them. It's just that they're so unbalanced and poorly thought out that you end up getting frustrated with the game.

    Gonna work on doing the Assassinations, Vehicle Thefts & Challenges, too.
    Yup, I didn't bother with more than a handful of assassinations and vehicle thefts but I did the activities and I agree.

    They could have done with cutting down the existing activities to 2 of each and adding some more variety. I can't believe it would have been so hard to add in a couple of plane fly though targets in the skyscrapers, mexican wrestling matches and others that wouldn't necessarily require new assets or mechanics. Repetitiveness is the bane of these games.

  4. #6384
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    NY f'n C
    Posts
    9,917
    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    This gets particularly frustrating during the Escort and Snatch missions as the roads often become impassable or the frustrating aspects (e.g. the 'footage' bar during some Escort missions goes up because you're being trailed by, like, 7 TV vans) are stacked against your favour with no real room for you to counter it. There's also a Mayhem/Rampage (I forget) one on an island that changes at one point during the game, and it becomes ridiculously hard if you try it after that point. I only managed it 'cos I blew down every fence I saw with the rocket launcher.
    Spawn your own upgraded car and drive it to the Trafficking and Snatch missions. That helps a lot. In both missions, don't be afraid to swap cars - in late Trafficking missions, you'll likely be doing that for every stop.

    In Trafficking, get out of the car so they stop shooting at it whenever you wait for Zimos or Pierce. Fully-upgraded D4TH Blossoms are good for getting rid of brutes quickly.

    In Escort, TV vans can't take corners, but you can.

    In Mayhem, spawn a tank before taking the mission. It makes the mission far easier. Focus on fences, newspaper boxes, phone booths and trash bins. It's all about the number of things you hit, not the worth of those things.
    Last edited by Nalano; 21-06-2012 at 06:34 PM.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

  5. #6385
    Lesser Hivemind Node TailSwallower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Cold Toast, Straya
    Posts
    735
    Well, I finally came around concerning Possession in Dungeon Keeper II after managing to kite a couple of giants that 10+ minions and a Call to Arms banner weren't able to take care of. Would still rather not have to do it, but it was entertaining.
    weekendwarrio.rs - We've got more games than time...

  6. #6386
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,457
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Spawn your own upgraded car and drive it to the Trafficking and Snatch missions. That helps a lot. In both missions, don't be afraid to swap cars - in late Trafficking missions, you'll likely be doing that for every stop.

    In Trafficking, get out of the car so they stop shooting at it whenever you wait for Zimos or Pierce. Fully-upgraded D4TH Blossoms are good for getting rid of brutes quickly.

    In Escort, TV vans can't take corners, but you can.

    In Mayhem, spawn a tank before taking the mission. It makes the mission far easier. Focus on fences, newspaper boxes, phone booths and trash bins. It's all about the number of things you hit, not the worth of those things.
    Those are some good tips, and if I ever go through it all again I'll bear them in mind.

    That said... I just didn't find the activities that great in general. I've finished all of them now and the last few weren't worth the time nor effort I put into them.

    So, with 98% completion (I think it's the thefts/assassinations for that last 2%), I'm going to move on 'properly' from Saints Row the Third. Like GTA IV, I might come back to it for the odd hour here and there, but... no, I think I've largely exhausted it.


  7. #6387
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    NY f'n C
    Posts
    9,917
    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Those are some good tips, and if I ever go through it all again I'll bear them in mind.

    That said... I just didn't find the activities that great in general. I've finished all of them now and the last few weren't worth the time nor effort I put into them.

    So, with 98% completion (I think it's the thefts/assassinations for that last 2%), I'm going to move on 'properly' from Saints Row the Third. Like GTA IV, I might come back to it for the odd hour here and there, but... no, I think I've largely exhausted it.


    That's the third 100% I got. Yeah, I'm not gonna play it in earnest any longer (like SimCity or Alpha Centauri), but I suspect that - like Company of Heroes - I'll be dipping in for half-hour sessions for a long while yet.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

  8. #6388
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,457
    It's a shame, really, because SR3 really does have its good moments but at times it seems like a kid who's learned a new joke and insists on repeating it every two seconds.


  9. #6389
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    NY f'n C
    Posts
    9,917
    Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    It's a shame, really, because SR3 really does have its good moments but at times it seems like a kid who's learned a new joke and insists on repeating it every two seconds.
    I have 134 hours in the game. "Shame" doesn't enter into it. If anything, I should feel shame for the masturbatory 158 hours I spent in Skyrim.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

  10. #6390
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,457
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    I have 134 hours in the game. "Shame" doesn't enter into it. If anything, I should feel shame for the masturbatory 158 hours I spent in Skyrim.
    No, I don't mean I feel shameful for playing it or anything, what I mean is it's a bit crap that SR3 doesn't live up to its potential. It has these great story missions, it has some really cool activities, but it never quite gets it right.


  11. #6391
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    4,234
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosm View Post
    I want to get into that game so bad, because I know I would love it, but every time I get some terrible bug or glitch that stops me. I recently reinstalled it, patched everything up, downloaded the STALKER: Complete mod, and it crashes every time I try to open the first door. :|

    Then its problem on your side,i had problems at release,i'll admit that but after so many patches game plays without crashes and any flaws.

  12. #6392
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,692
    So far i haven't encountered any bugs.

    Game is hard tough. so so hard. I use the magic power of quick save and load to beat missions as one wrong move and i got head shot, or run into radiation or anomaly. Just did the steal documents from military quest and it took me lots of retries. I suck so much that I had to sneak, wait in the corner, save, lean from my hideout, try to kill a guy before i get shot it the face and if succeeded save. Game does require very methodical approach to fire fights. no gun blazing.

    also not sure whether i should buy a new gun with the scope from barkeep.
    Its 16K and 300 ammo is another 7K (i have 42K) but i hate to spend that money and then find the gun in my next mission (don't remember anymore whether i needed the gun or not or how much trouble i had with getting cash)

  13. #6393
    Moderator Anthile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    People's Republic of Germany
    Posts
    2,487
    So, just finished Dungeon Siege 3 plus the DLC. It was actually pretty good. It's never spectacularly good but it does just about everything right. The boss fights are fun too, a rare accomplishment.
    New! The Fall of Infinite Games 2014 - A handy release schedule for the dark season.
    Not so new anymore! Thrust Issues: A Marvelous Guide to Fencing in Dark Souls 2

    to wound the autumnal city.

  14. #6394
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus bonkers's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    1,169
    Quote Originally Posted by Serenegoose View Post
    Out of curiosity, are you referring to Orcs Must Die or have you been playing through Warcraft 1 recently?
    Sorry. Yeah I totally confused the two. I was refering to Orcs Must Die.
    But replaying WC1 is actually a great idea. Thanks! :)
    Last edited by bonkers; 21-06-2012 at 09:35 PM.

  15. #6395
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Jolly Ole England
    Posts
    3,224
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    I have 134 hours in the game. "Shame" doesn't enter into it. If anything, I should feel shame for the masturbatory 158 hours I spent in Skyrim.
    How do you get 134 hours of content out of a game which doesn't have 134 hours of content? It makes sense on Skyrim - you probably didn't even do half of everything you could do. I only managed the main quests, the guild quests, and a couple of the more crazy sidequests.

  16. #6396
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    That hellhole known as "Spain"
    Posts
    1,803
    Quote Originally Posted by wasikminop View Post
    Dont buddy! it's the reality :)
    Quote Originally Posted by wayimimo View Post
    Playing Madden 2012 and other EA Sports.
    Wasikminop and wayimimo, both registered this very month, one defending yearly asshat releases by EA, the other saying he's playing Madden 2012 and other EA sports games.

    Shrills, bots or trolls? Perhaps I should create a poll to gather people's opinions.

  17. #6397
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    NY f'n C
    Posts
    9,917
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    How do you get 134 hours of content out of a game which doesn't have 134 hours of content? It makes sense on Skyrim - you probably didn't even do half of everything you could do. I only managed the main quests, the guild quests, and a couple of the more crazy sidequests.
    Because I like playing SR3 and played it to 100% three times.

    Because I don't like Skyrim and found it boring, having spent most of it hiking from point a to point b and grinding blacksmithing and enchanting.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

  18. #6398
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    1,692
    Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    Because I don't like Skyrim and found it boring, having spent most of it hiking from point a to point b and grinding blacksmithing and enchanting.
    how can you put 150 hours into a game and say you don't like it and find it boring.

    the hell?

  19. #6399
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    England
    Posts
    3,457
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    how can you put 150 hours into a game and say you don't like it and find it boring.

    the hell?
    It's easy. I've put 150+ hours into Dragon Age Origins and the majority of it was dull, lifeless and boring.


  20. #6400
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    NY f'n C
    Posts
    9,917
    Quote Originally Posted by Lukasz View Post
    how can you put 150 hours into a game and say you don't like it and find it boring.

    the hell?
    The sheer amount of time it takes to do anything in the game. The hope that it'll become better. The mental gymnastics involved in justifying having paid full freight. Time spent theorycrafting while tabbed out.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •