Page 323 of 1204 FirstFirst ... 223273313321322323324325333373423823 ... LastLast
Results 6,441 to 6,460 of 24073
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    I've just finished Broken Sword 2: The Smoking Mirror (Remastered). Not bad, but they really only did a half-assed job of the remaster.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodeen View Post
    Started up Demon's Souls yesterday.
    Forum - PC GAMING - PC Gaming Discussion - What are you playing at the moment?

You might as well go to a hardcore Christian forum and talk about the advantages of Buddhism. The next person who mentions a game I can't have, gets the evil eye.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Nalano's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post

You might as well go to a hardcore Christian forum and talk about the advantages of Buddhism. The next person who mentions a game I can't have, gets the evil eye.
    I'm going to disagree with you solely on the basis that you dislike Saints Row 3, which makes you a bad person and worthy of scorn in all things.

Also, your face.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Director of the Friends of Nalano PAC
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Did you see the new 3DS XL? That thing is HUGE!

Your mother.

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Your mother.
    He can have that. It's just wrong and bad.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl
    "His lack of education is more than compensated for by his keenly developed moral bankruptcy." - Woody Allen

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    You're supposed to tag.

Quote Originally Posted by Nalano View Post
    I'm going to disagree with you solely on the basis that you dislike Saints Row 3, which makes you a bad person and worthy of scorn in all things.
    Fortunately I don't judge others based on their entertainment preferences. Achieving 100% completion three times on SR3 has in no way tarnished my opinion of you.

Tasteless cretin.

Did you see the new 3DS XL? That thing is HUGE!
    3D is a myth spun by corporate. Much like magic eye puzzles.

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    Your mother.
    Your adoption agency.

3D is a myth spun by corporate. Much like magic eye puzzles.
    Aw man, I hated those things. Not because I couldn't get them to work, I could, but the subjects of those pictures were always so banal. Here's a boat. Here's a giftwrapped present. Here's a ball.

Balls are art.

Fortunately I don't judge others based on their entertainment preferences. Achieving 100% completion three times on SR3 has in no way tarnished my opinion of you.
    Which immediately draws the question as to your opinion of me.
    Nalano H. Wildmoon
    Attorney at Lawl

Playing Crusader Kings II some more because I'm excited for the Swords of Islam expansion. Just messing around in the Game of Thrones mod at the moment though, because I'm not sure what effect all the new stuff is going to have on my old saves. Just going to start a new game when SoI comes out. But right now I have a Greyjoy game going (taking a cue from the books and raiding the north while they're away at war) and also a Clegane game. Gregor's ruling the house now, but it's diverging from the books just a bit. The Mountain-That-Rides is a nice man, with happy feelings all of the time, and The Hound's dream is to fall in love.

Also playing through Planescape: Torment for the first time, and it's great. I was kind of worried because the writing is always so hyped, I thought it might not live up to it, but it definitely has. One the best, most creative, and interesting RPGs I've played (preaching to the choir here I'm sure). The combat is my only complaint. It's really clunky and pathfinding can be incredibly annoying, but for the most part it works out. Been playing a mage, and I really like how the spell memorization system forces you to think carefully about when to use your spells.

Bought 7 games this week, Darksiders, LA Noire, Darkspore, Batman Arkham CIty, Sniper Elite V2, NFS Hot pursuit and Dungeon Siege III with DLC. And Out of all those I can;t stop playing Darkspore, loving it with all the different hero's and stuff it really adds a new dimension to dungeon clickers.
    If graphics are not important why spend so much on a GPU?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosm View Post
    Also playing through Planescape: Torment for the first time, and it's great. I was kind of worried because the writing is always so hyped, I thought it might not live up to it, but it definitely has. One the best, most creative, and interesting RPGs I've played (preaching to the choir here I'm sure). The combat is my only complaint. It's really clunky and pathfinding can be incredibly annoying, but for the most part it works out. Been playing a mage, and I really like how the spell memorization system forces you to think carefully about when to use your spells.
    Oh just you wait. It only gets better as you progress with more and more stories and threads come together as the parties stories are revealed. For story, writing, setting and characters I find nothing compares. Whereabouts are you*?

The combat is the weakside though, especially if you've played Baldurs Gate 2. It gets better later on when you aren't so fragile and when you'll have the more powerful spells open to you. Luckily, having played Icewind Dale 2 the pathfinding in any other Infinite Engine game seems like the most perfect, sublime example of it's craft to be found.

* I shouldn't ask as it'll only make me want to replay it

Tobe's Vertical Adventure. I love this little game! It's oh so cute (I mean rubber ducks^H^H^H^Hzebra finches!) and the spelunky-ish(*) platforming just works for me (especially difficulty which is pretty spot on for the platform-impaired players as myself) and the OST is pretty cheerful, if a bit repetitive. On the downside, the port is a bit rough round the edges, sound design amateurish and the graphics in the third world slightly crummy (namely tiles, and can't comment on the final world yet). It's also short, but hey, it's less than two euros/etc on sale.

(*) TBH I can't say how much spelunky really is in this one besides ropes and the general indiana jones/archeology adventure spin, but that was the best I could come up with.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Fumarole's Avatar
    I also started up Eschalon Book 1, and so far it looks pretty good. I must have been on the character creation screen (for 1 character!) for 15 minutes.
    For some reason I bounced off the first one twice but the second grabbed me immediately.

The character generator is indeed quite dandy.
    The Medallion of the Imperial Psychopath, a Napoleon: Total War AAR
    For the Emperor!, a Total War: Shogun 2: Fall of the Samurai AAR

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    pathfinding can be incredibly annoying
    I can't remember if Planescape is like all the other Infinity Engine games, but all the others have a config program you can run and set "pathfinding nodes" to the maximum possible, dramatically improving the pathing for effectively no cost.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

@Casimir Effect, Not sure how far along I am, but I got to the upper ward areas just a little while ago. I've been taking my time trying to explore all over the place, because there are neat spells and interactions hiding everywhere. Just got Ignus in my party too, and he's great. The way he teaches you spells is so amazing haha. Those two are definitely on the list of classic RPGs I still need to play. I'm thinking I'll beat Planescape and then wait for the Baldur's Gate HD rerelease, go through that, BGII, and then hopefully conquer Icewind Dale I & II. So many old awesome games I have to catch up on. :|

@NathanH, Is there a way to do that besides editing the .ini file? I was looking into that but apparently 32000 is the max, and that was also the default.

After finishing Broken Sword 2 earlier, I moved almost straight into Broken Sword 3: The Sleeping Dragon.

Well... Wow, that's a big change. The controls are a little weird at first, but oddly they feel almost perfectly natural very, very quickly.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    @NathanH, Is there a way to do that besides editing the .ini file? I was looking into that but apparently 32000 is the max, and that was also the default.
    Yuck, the early versions of the IE were limited like that. I know Baldur's Gate 1 on release had the same limit, and it was horrible. Eventually BG1 was patched up to 400000, but perhaps Planescape never was.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    @Casimir Effect, Not sure how far along I am, but I got to the upper ward areas just a little while ago. I've been taking my time trying to explore all over the place, because there are neat spells and interactions hiding everywhere. Just got Ignus in my party too, and he's great. The way he teaches you spells is so amazing haha. Those two are definitely on the list of classic RPGs I still need to play. I'm thinking I'll beat Planescape and then wait for the Baldur's Gate HD rerelease, go through that, BGII, and then hopefully conquer Icewind Dale I & II. So many old awesome games I have to catch up on. :|
    Well, I hope you enjoy what's coming. Torment is probably my favourite game of all time.

I should mention that the pathfinding is the only real bad point of Icewind Dale II and it is otherwise a very solid game. And Baldurs Gate I looks and plays great if you use the Baldurs Gate Trilogy mod so you don't really need to wait for the HD release.

Network Hub
    Baldur's Gate 2. It's definitely a lot less work than the first one (which I ultimately only completed to get to number 2), but after escaping the dungeon... just not clicking. I do very much feel like I'm wandering instead of exploring which might not seem like a big difference but it is.

If it doesn't get good in the next hour or so, I'll probably just uninstall and try out Avadon instead.