Page 324 of 1155 FirstFirst ... 224274314322323324325326334374424824 ... LastLast
Results 6,461 to 6,480 of 23082
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vague-rant View Post
    Baldur's Gate 2. It's definitely a lot less work than the first one (which I ultimately only completed to get to number 2), but after escaping the dungeon... just not clicking. I do very much feel like I'm wandering instead of exploring which might not seem like a big difference but it is.

If it doesn't get good in the next hour or so, I'll probably just uninstall and try out Avadon instead.
    Give it a little longer. Trust me. Go to the Copper Coronet and investigate what goes on in the back rooms. Or go to the Temple District and investigate the Cult of the Eyeless. One of the bigger Act II quests is all it will take to hook you.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    I finished Syndicate. To its credit the story goes full retard hippie-hippie fight the powah only in the final hour of about five. On the other hand, the middle section of the game takes away two of the three hacking powers.
    All things considered, it was a great power trip. Buy it cheap and play it on easy. I don't care about the coop but the campaign is a worthy purchase for a tenner.

Now I wish someone would make a Matrix game where you play as an agent.

Lesser Hivemind Node agentorange's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Vague-rant View Post
    Baldur's Gate 2. It's definitely a lot less work than the first one (which I ultimately only completed to get to number 2), but after escaping the dungeon... just not clicking. I do very much feel like I'm wandering instead of exploring which might not seem like a big difference but it is.

If it doesn't get good in the next hour or so, I'll probably just uninstall and try out Avadon instead.
    I'd advise keeping it installed. I hit the same issue actually, I think part of the reason was that I had simply burned myself out with BG1. I played some other games for a month, then the mood struck me to play it again and I was absorbed for a week.

Network Hub
    Diablo 3 (Nightmare)
    Binding of Isaac - So addicted, but I still suck at it.
    Mass Effect 3 - Finally ready to dive in now that FF XIII-2 is done.
    Civ V - Not ready for Gods & Kings, but maybe soon...
    Hamilton's Great Adventure - Great puzzler
    Shank - Love me some 2D gore
    Alien Breed 2

Network Hub
    So how is QC? I am interested in that game but don't know if it's worth pulling myself away from something else at the moment. Immediate purchase or wait?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    DayZ - first time I played it on a decent server for a couple of hours and there were almost no bugs.

Me and my friend spawned in different places. We spent an hour looting and avoiding Zeds. We both had hatchets and some bits of supplies, we decide to meet somewhere. After I alerted some Zeds in Bolota and got into a fight I'm a bit roughed up and my vision isn't very clear even after bandaging myself and taking painkillers, I also pass out often. My friend tells me he is almost in Bolota, I have no idea where I am in this village sneaking around almost blinded. He alerts Zeds an I pass out near some burned truck. Exactly when I wake up I see a Survivor running from a bunch of Zeds five meters away from where I'm lying. Yeah, it's my friend. I follow the mob of Zeds and when he loses them I sneak around and we finally end up on a different sides of a concrete wall. After some running around we link up and share supplies. We have some food and bandages, no water, four Makarov rounds and hatchets. We decide to loot a big building with vertical ladders. Zeds are there, we separate and end up on a roof after a couple of minutes of Zed hatchet-bashing. There is only one way and we kill Zeds who climb the ladder. Finally there is another Zed. We hit him with our hatchets. It's another Survivor. He offers us some supplies but we refuse since he have nothing we need. He leaves after bandaging himself while we laugh maniacally. We die in couple of minutes, my friend pass out near a Zed and when I rush to help him I am knocked out by another Zed and eaten. Game over.

Now I get whats the fuss is about. It's an anti-game sandbox game. Yeah, it's interesting, I'll try again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ezhar View Post
    Witcher 1 (got nostalgic after finishing the 2nd), Minecraft, Avadon - The Black Fortress. Also just found out about Exult, so I might poke at Ultima 7 in the near future.
    Be warned. There are reports of disappearing objects over time when playing with Exult. It's long known issue but there is still no fix.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    I'm playing Dragon Age: Origins now, trying to conjure up some sort of immersion in the party camp while a smug intruder sits in the corner advertising DLC.

"It'll be well implemented" they told me, "we'll probably put the DLC merchant in some corner of the world and you could walk right by him in the streets" they insisted. Fuck you Bioware. Some corner of the world isn't my own camp - the one place I can't possibly ignore him.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    The first time I played Dragon Age I never connected to the internet at any stage and that fellow never appeared. It's amazing how annoying I found him when I replayed.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

Receiver. It's great! Even if it is only a broken demo

I finished Quantum Conundrum yesterday and while it was good fun, it tried a bit too hard to be Portal. I guess I'll tackle Resonance next. Damn those new games, how am I supposed to clear my backlog when people just release new games all the time?
    to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    I finished Quantum Conundrum yesterday and while it was good fun, it tried a bit too hard to be Portal. I guess I'll tackle Resonance next. Damn those new games, how am I supposed to clear my backlog when people just release new games all the time?
    A game designed by the lady who worked on Narbacular Drop and Portal created a game that's trying too hard to be Portal?

My brain just imploded.

Well, I worked on burritos once but that doesn't mean that everything I cook tastes like burrito.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Somebody called me charming once, but I don't try to be charming every day.
    Irrelevant on further examination of the rest of the thread.

I once worked at KFC, now I deep fry everything.

Network Hub
    Currently making my way through Secret Of Monkey Island, the new HD edition. I love the art style, though i've turned off the voice overs as I prefer to make those up in my head. It's really well written so far, though i'm absolutely awful at following adventure game logic.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Althea's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Track View Post
    though i'm absolutely awful at following adventure game logic.
    I think it's unpossible to be good at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Track View Post
    though i'm absolutely awful at following adventure game logic.
    not sure what you're expecting exactly from the game which introduced the world to the wonders of a rubber chicken with a pulley in the middle.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    So, Phantasy Star Online 2 is back, in Open Beta form. And suddenly, there are no other games.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by alms View Post
    not sure what you're expecting exactly from the game which introduced the world to the wonders of a rubber chicken with a pulley in the middle.
    I was actually okay with the rubber chicken; the game continuously gave you the option to ask people to take it as payment, so its uselessness became something of a running joke. When I finally did use it it didn't seem too far-fetched of a solution, if only because it was the only other thing that it could possibly be used for at that point in the game.

What really threw me was the stewed meat + condiment thing. I don't know if I missed a clue near the beginning of the game, but that seemed completely arbitrary to me.