Page 334 of 1259 FirstFirst ... 234284324332333334335336344384434834 ... LastLast
Results 6,661 to 6,680 of 25163
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Just reached Chapter 4 on the Game of Thrones RPG, and I gotta' say it feels like Game of Thrones. The player characters and their motivations belong here, so much so that I'd swear they've been in the books for years. The loot system is great - armour changes your appearance, there's enough loot to be rewarding but not so much that it bogs you down. Combat is surprisingly tough, I've died several times already (my own fault of course). For any fan of the books or TV show GoT is a must buy. A TV/movie series hasn't been this well converted into video games since Jedi Knight.

Must buy it from a sale then.
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Scumbag View Post
    I swear Sam & Max has a special repellent in it that pushes people away. I love old point and clicks, yet I cant play past part 3 of that no matter how hard I try.

Rather then revising for exams I've been doing the following
    Legacy if Kain - Soul Reaver 2: Fixes a lot of the problems the first game had such as the horrid PS1 camera, fully dynamic music, slightly better combat and expands on the already rather nice scripting and voice acting (still one of my favorite games of all time in this regard). Shame its just one long liner corridor and, while improved from the first game, the combat sucks after killing the forth opponent onwards.
    I still love it, but I cant recommend it at all unless you really want to play out the full story. You may as well Youtube all the cutscenes without the stress of the boring walking back and forth.
    You should really play the Dreamcast version of Soul Reaver. Glorious gaming. All those issues you mentioned were non-existant for me when I played it way back when (This might be nostalgia but I don't remember a bad camera at all) and the port took full advantage of the DC's hardware too.

Lesser Hivemind Node apricotsoup's Avatar
    That does make the game of a game of thrones roleplaying game sound a bit more interesting to me, but again I think it'll be a sale purchase along with plenty of other stuff I've missed.

Been back playing TF2 mostly, really don't care for the new game mode but I have found a new enjoyment for pyro and sniper (a class I completely and utterly overlooked before for no good reason other than the overuse of them on most teams).

Also a bit of Dredmor and an episode of same & max.

Now downloading Tribes:Ascend finally, had it sitting on my computer for ages but for some reason it didn't work and now steam stops my excuses for fixing it.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Regarding Majesty: how should I be setting up my tax collectors for maximum efficiency? Sometimes they take forever to reach my marketplaces, and I don't always see the ratmen in time to Extort before they jack all my shit.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Drayk View Post
    Just Finished HL2 ! \o/ I am only 8 years late. The game is still amazing.
    How long is it? I was thinking about playing it for a long time, but I am not sure if it's something I would enjoy. If the main storyline is <10 hrs I might give it a try.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doodier View Post
    If the main storyline is <10 hrs I might give it a try.
    Yeah, if you avoid getting out of the vehicle in the vehicle sections to check under every flipped over bathtub you can easily finish Halflife 2 in 12 hours.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Lesser Hivemind Node fiddlesticks's Avatar
    Well, this speed run of HL2 manages to finish the game in under two hours, so just follow their lead and you'll be fine.

Alright I admit it, I was just looking for an excuse to post the speed run because I feel it's incredibly entertaining. For a serious answer, the game is probably going to take you somewhere between 10 and 15 hours, depending on how much you explore and how good you are at FPS.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Hypernetic's Avatar
    Funny story about HL2. When it first came out I got stuck in the first section with the helicopter and the airboat for HOURS.

Why? Well I somehow managed to skip the airboat part or something and continued on foot and then got stuck trying to run from the helicopter. The funny part is I managed to get passed it by memorizing where cover was and slowly making my way across without dying. It wasn't until my second playthrough that I thought "WAIT WTF?!" and then I remembered that I used to do a lot of drugs.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Doodier View Post
    How long is it? I was thinking about playing it for a long time, but I am not sure if it's something I would enjoy. If the main storyline is <10 hrs I might give it a try.

Let me check my steam,loading..

Half Life 2 - 16 hours
    Ep 1 - 6 hours
    Ep 2 - 7 hours

All three games were played on hardest difficulty settings.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    It wasn't until my second playthrough that I thought "WAIT WTF?!" and then I remembered that I used to do a lot of drugs.
    Friends don't let friends play Halflife 2 high.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Just bought spec ops the line, max payne 3, x com collection and dnf, ty amazon sales! (still deciding if i should go for the darkness 2). Will probably start specops today, and some bf3 /mowas/ civ V rounds.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    Finished Spec Ops: The Line in one sitting. Best game I played this year.

As a shooter it's more than competent. Controls are tight, no mouse acceleration bullshit on my PC. The weapons are very deadly - this goes both ways. There are many large open combat areas which provide a lot of tactical options. The enemy AI is aggressive and your squadmates are surprisingly useful. Sand and glass offer a lot of amusement. Minor annoyances: no peek option in cover (you know, press A or D to look a bit left/right) and Shift being used for both melee and vault got me in danger a couple of times.

Dubai is absolutely stunning. I can't praise the sound design and voice acting enough... Without such a high quality presentation the story Yager wanted to tell would have been impossible. Story, characters, art and sound - together they create a very unique experience.

Ten days ago I was praising Syndicate ITT for being a demented, sociopathic power trip. I enjoyed playing a bad guy and executing every civilian in sight. And now Spec Ops made me feel awful. I always loved games that make me feel. I'm not sure how much Spec Ops makes me think, but on a visceral level it hit hard and I love it for that.

Side note: the loading screens are quite interesting, especially late in the game. One of them has the message The US Army does not condone the killing of unarmed combatants. But this isn't real, so why should you care?

Quote Originally Posted by SirKicksalot View Post
    Side note: the loading screens are quite interesting, especially late in the game. One of them has the message The US Army does not condone the killing of unarmed combatants. But this isn't real, so why should you care?
    Damn. That is quite something indeed.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by apricotsoup View Post
    That does make the game of a game of thrones roleplaying game sound a bit more interesting to me, but again I think it'll be a sale purchase along with plenty of other stuff I've missed.
    Everyone who bought Diablo 3 should have spent their money on Game of Thrones instead.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus The JG Man's Avatar
    Where the hell did Spec Ops come from? It looked like Generic Action Shooter: The Generic Game, but it seems to be receiving near universal acclaim. I'll need to look into it later on, although without an operable PC, I suppose I'll be waiting. Moving sucks. Moving where you have no space sucks worse. Anyhow, I can just about get Binding of Isaac to play on my laptop without it killing it, although it needs to be run on the lowest graphical setting, resolution and still at the suffering of low fps. I guess I'll be sticking quite a lot to Pokémon Black, of which I've finished the 'main' game.