Page 339 of 1208 FirstFirst ... 239289329337338339340341349389439839 ... LastLast
Results 6,761 to 6,780 of 24141
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    Just finished Machinarium (one less in the backlog pile), which was pretty enjoyable point and clicker except for the unpleasant discovery that CCleaner will delete your saved games unless you set them as an exception.
    So that's why I couldn't resume my game!
    Well, at least now I know.

AND KNOWING IS HALF THE BATTLE!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Isn't knowing in Machinarium the entire battle?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kadayi View Post
    Just finished Machinarium (one less in the backlog pile), which was pretty enjoyable point and clicker except for the unpleasant discovery that CCleaner will delete your saved games unless you set them as an exception.
    A common issue with flash-based games. The Binding of Isaac had the same issue upon release, as did VVVVVV.

Well VVVVVV has been ported over to C (or C++ was it?). I'd recommend managing flash cookies with an extension, set up a whitelist. That way you can get rid of tracking supercookies and junk while keeping the good stuff.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

It's pretty easy to tell CCleaner to ignore the folder in question, but most people wouldn't know to until it's too late.

The problem with CCleaner is it just throws everything out of the window. OTOH if you don't do anything, a lot of crud piles up, and most if is tracking stuff. Obviously it boils down to how offensive one finds the idea of being tracked.

BTW I finished The Sea Will Claim Everything earlier tonight. The music's really pretty, the art kinda grew on me, and the guy definitely has a way with words. The whole thing is literally bursting with personality and charm. All in all I'd say it's a good game, one worth playing, in spite of being rather light in the gameplay department (it's not really an adventure game, lacks real puzzles, it's more a hidden object game/interactive fiction)

http://chrischristodoulou.bandcamp.com/

Track #10 must be one of my favorites, it has something reminiscent of Spirited Away. Or try #7. But everything is just beautiful.
    Looking for you daily bundle fix? Join us on The onward march of bundles
    Stalk my Steam profile, or follow my fight against the backlog on HowLongToBeat.

"You take the Klingon's detached hand"

Lesser Hivemind Node Juan Carlo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    So am I, but all the bits in between are kind of dull, to be honest. I'm pretty much through with it after four courses.
    Rock of Ages is fun provided you view it as a marble madness clone rather than a tower defense game. The tower defense stuff is kind of dumb and doesn't work very well, however I had lots of fun with the game just from navigating obstacles with the boulder, collecting keys, and smashing stuff.

They really should have just ditched the tower defense aspect and made it a straight up marble madness type game.

God damn, that last level in Majesty was hard. Either my economy was fucked, or I didn't have enough heroes to defend, or I couldn't pump out upgrades fast enough... But I beat it. Think World in Conflict is going to be my next RTS squeeze.

Pokemon Black 2 in japanese (bought it at my journey there XD)
    actually I am more smiling about the look of the new pokemons than anything else~ the ideas aren't getting better, but the "simle" gameplay still makes fun sometimes ^^

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Finished The Walking Dead episode 2, which in my opinion trumps the excellent episode 1. The group politics get more complex and their encounters are deliciously dark. Great writing with the multiple choices and great voiceacting as usual.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Finished The Walking Dead episode 2, which in my opinion trumps the excellent episode 1. The group politics get more complex and their encounters are deliciously dark. Great writing with the multiple choices and great voiceacting as usual.

Dat Finale.

Network Hub
    World of Tanks
    Endless Space

Network Hub
    Just finished Alien Breed 2 and ready to push through to the third and final game. This game is so repetitive and simple. Why has it hooked me like this?

Oh, my miner killed the zombie! Yay!

Now that's out of the way, time to move out the stockpile from the first floor to the second and third (planning to do that, just in case), make a still, kitchen and dining hall, expand the refuse/corpse pile and dig for a new meeting hall. Still trying to figure out how to make dem walls and I need to find some iron or copper, fast.
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Finally broke up with Diablo III and now starting to dive into Endless Space. Only played a couple of hours so far, and most of that time was spent reading the tutorial screens, but it looks very promising. And all the love for the music is well deserved.

Network Hub
    Recently bought The Binding of Isaac so I've been butting my stupid head against that without much success. Furthest I've gotten is about the 4th floor before dying.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Ravelle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SlipOnShoes View Post
    Finally broke up with Diablo III and now starting to dive into Endless Space. Only played a couple of hours so far, and most of that time was spent reading the tutorial screens, but it looks very promising. And all the love for the music is well deserved.
    Be sure to research your military tech quickly first otherwise you're pirate food like me. ;(
    Steam | Origin: xRavelle | Skype: TheRavelle | PSN: Voltburn | Watch me struggle through my backlog

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmicolor View Post
    Recently bought The Binding of Isaac so I've been butting my stupid head against that without much success. Furthest I've gotten is about the 4th floor before dying.
    It's really hard, but when you get the hang of it it becomes... really hard. And once you complete it once, it becomes harder. It's very worth it though. Sometimes it might feel a bit too luck-based, since certain item combos just demolish the enemies, but then you'll need to catch the moment and actually utilize those combinations to their fullest. The one skill that is really important to perfect though is damage minimizing. Every bullet dodged is a heart saved is a room cleared is a floor completed. And so on. Patience is a virtue. Taking your time while clearing rooms with stationary enemies for example is very much advised. You've got infinite ammo, not health.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Got around to playing Really Big Sky - visually impressive but the developer needs to play a few games and perhaps they'll realise that randomly killing the player for no apparent reason/with no warning in a game with just one life makes you a douchebag.

We moved-on from games where you have to guess what the fuck is going on about 30 years ago - and they only existed to take coins from people - in this case it's just futile/assholery of the highest order.

It's also developed in Multimedia Fusion which means it comes with all the resolution/control issues that particular pile of steaming cowdung always throws at you (better in this than some previous games but still capable of making the menus unusable or the game look like shit - your choice).

Blacklight: Retribution
    Considering that these kinds of shooters usually bore me to tears, I'm kinda enjoying it. Don't think I'll sink any cash into it however.

Tribes Ascend
    Oh hai! I hear you like Doombringer Mines!