Page 341 of 1156 FirstFirst ... 241291331339340341342343351391441841 ... LastLast
Results 6,801 to 6,820 of 23114
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by laneford View Post
    Finally got to the end of Binding of Isaac... and got killed by mom.
    Don't feel too bad. The first Mom fight is easily the hardest fight in the game, between the horrendous slowdown and the lack of telegraphing before the attacks hit (though some may argue the former alleviates the latter).

I beat Rochard. The combat somehow continued getting worse and worse towards the end, but the upgraded gravity gun a la Episode 1 did alleviate my pain a little bit. The 10 second loading screens following every death really started to wear on me, given that I don't really like the game much to begin with. At least the final boss was easy. Glad that's over.
    Last edited by sabrage; 09-07-2012 at 05:06 AM.

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    Still rather enjoying Blacklight: Retribution. I also got Outcast on sale at GOG, and I'm a little disappointed in the state that it was sold in. The available resolutions are ridiculously tiny, and pretty jankified on a widescreen monitor.

I've completed The Witcher 2 yesterday. The last chapter kinda pales in comparison with the first two; it feels a bit rushed and uninspired, but overall it's still an amazing game non the less. I'd even go as far to say that chapter 1, as a whole, is some of the best RPG content I've ever played. I'll definitely play this game again soon, just to see where the alternate choices take me.

Anyway, I'm moving on to LA Noire next.
    steam

http://dailycelluloid.blogspot.com/- where I write about movies.

Lesser Hivemind Node postinternetsyndrome's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Don't feel too bad. The first Mom fight is easily the hardest fight in the game, between the horrendous slowdown and the lack of telegraphing before the attacks hit (though some may argue the former alleviates the latter).
    If you are prepared (which you are probably not when it's the first time obv.), the stomp attack is telegraphed quite clearly, and the other ones are restricted to certain static zones of the room, which can be easily avoided.

I'm now obsessed with building fortresses for pixelated dwarves. There goes 1000+ hours of my life!
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Banned
    Does DF support the solo challenge mode yet?

Or at least base 7 challenge?

Trine 2. It's absolutely gorgeous but the platforming is still subpar, the combat is boring and the puzzles are hit and miss; often it's simply easier to just stack crates and planks instead of trying to figure out the obnoxious physics.

Regarding the mom fight in Binding of Isaac: You can actually instantly kill her with certain tarot cards.
    to wound the autumnal city.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthile View Post
    Regarding the mom fight in Binding of Isaac: You can actually instantly kill her with certain tarot cards.
    There's also a certain spacebar item that insta-kills mom.
    steam

http://dailycelluloid.blogspot.com/- where I write about movies.

Quote Originally Posted by Mohorovicic View Post
    Does DF support the solo challenge mode yet?

Or at least base 7 challenge?
    Dunno. I'm still new to DF, anyway
    Art blog here.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Mirror's Edge is so freakin' bright.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Hypernetic's Avatar
    I finally traded my way to having an unusual hat for each class in tf2! =D (No, I didn't spend any real world cash on any of them).

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Mirror's Edge is so freakin' bright.
    It just looks so good doesn't it? Not enough games use colour that well. I hope DICE make a sequel (Without guns) not that BF3 has become this monstro success.

My retinas are exploding, they should supply a complimentary pair of sunglasses with every box.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Hypernetic's Avatar
    Bah! You don't really need​ retinas.

What I feared, happened. I had a week-long holiday which obviously interrupted my gaming, and now that I'm back I can't seem to really get back into Dragon Age. And to make matters worse, I've become horridly addicted to Bejeweled 3 after buying from the sale some time back. But good lord is it some good match-3 action.
    Give me steam and how you feel to make it real.

Mirror's Edge was a surprisingly good game. The platforming was visceral and fun, the combat was often good because it wasn't just about beating your enemies to death, the setting was cool, the levels were cool, the art style was beautiful, and the concept was original. Too bad the story was so disappointingly bad (especially because there was some real potential there) and the game itself so short.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    I have some kind of twisted love-hate relationships with JA2 v1.13. I keep forgetting how bad it is this until I have all fancy gear and sniper rifles and how it's even worse when all enemies are snipers and mortar-guys. It's fun for a very short period of time and than it's like a second boring job with lots of recource micromanagment. Difficulty is all over the place. Enemies with half-broken pistols easily outshoot my guys with assault rifles, penetrate armor like it's nothing with regular non-AP bullets, shrug off bursts of AR fire while having nothing but a flack jacket and headshot me through a Specra Helmet next round, throw grenades perfectly while my guys throw grenades almost in the wrong direction, see my fully geared for night combar guys at night without NVG's, always detect first and interrupt etc etc. I hate that kind of difficulty settings. It's just unfair and stupid. Saveloadsaveloadsaveloadsvaeloadsaveloadsaveload. Thankfully AI is as stupid as ever.

Damn, Mirror's Edge was short. Too short. And the story had a lot of lost potential but not that it matters or anything because I like to see that just as an excuse to do all those awesome parkour in a beautiful city!
    Art blog here.

Indeed, finished it in two days. I was only looking for a minor diversion while I waited for the physical copies of To the Moon and Limbo by post anyway. Still, it sure was nice to play a mature game which didn't use a dirt brown palette.

Quote Originally Posted by Flint View Post
    And to make matters worse, I've become horridly addicted to Bejeweled 3 after buying from the sale some time back. But good lord is it some good match-3 action.
    Yeah Bejewelled 3 is ace. The Diamond mine minigame in particular had me addicted to it for a week. So. Many. Explosions.

Bulletstorm continues to impress me; it's always nice to be surprised by a game. If the demo hadn't been so ludicrously short then I might have bought this sooner than I did.