Page 349 of 1136 FirstFirst ... 249299339347348349350351359399449849 ... LastLast
Results 6,961 to 6,980 of 22712
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    Just finished Alpha Protocol for the second time. Took me 27 hours, huh. Probably far less time than first run. I remember not taking pistols back then and suffering for it, worst mistake ever since pistols are totally overpowered, good for nonlethal gameplay and great against bosses. I also remember having a lo of problems with hacking even after putting some points into it, but now I had a dozen of EMP every time. Storywise some things happened differently, some characters died, some I ignored, I spared lots of people and in the end I only killed Brayko and Darcy. Albatross managed to die along the way, Mina too( I told her not to return and lay low, huh?). Then I punched both Yancy and Henry and left with Scarlet, I never rally wanted to take her with me but game forgot to ask. Marburg didn't show up, Parker left. Well, ok.

Sadly, we are not getting anything like thgis ever again. This game lacks just a bit of polish and quicksaves.
    Last edited by coldvvvave; 14-07-2012 at 10:29 AM.

And Brayko is the worst boss of all time. Stopped me from playing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Just did a level in PAYDAY The Heist. It's a little brainless, but it's a nicely looking and quick FPS fix that actually seems to have some decent squad AI. Or perhaps the enemy is just really bad...

Also spend some more time on Cargo! The Quest for Gravity - a great way to spend €2, though I can see its limitations. One wonders how long it'll be until somebody combines the contraption making elements of a game like this, the building elements of a Minecraft, and - because this is gaming - adds weaponry.
    Last edited by Tritagonist; 14-07-2012 at 11:14 AM.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Quote Originally Posted by Hypernetic View Post
    My suggestion for the Portal 2 co-op is to find a friend who hasn't done it before to play it with (which might be hard). If you play with someone who's already completed it they are either going to spoil all the puzzles for you or just sit there while you try to figure them out, either way it's a lot less fun than the thrill of solving the puzzles together with a friend.
    Actually I bought the game because I wanted to play it with a friend of mine who hasn't played the co-op chambers yet. Right now I am running through the singleplayer levels (I lost track of the chapters/chambers count, I just hit the part where the antigrav beams come into play). It is fun, but not as much as I would have expected. Somehow the puzzles feel less interesting compared to those of the first game and more than once I realised that I just want the chamber to be over. The whole background thing of Apperture Science et al. also doesn't grab me too much, it feels pretty tacked-on. But it is undoubtedly a well made game with lots of good ideas.

I've also played some more Dark Messiah of Might and Magic. What a lovely game! At first the controls felt a bit wonky and I had trouble beating even the easiest enemies, but since I got the healing spell I am much more relaxed in encounters and fool around with my opponents. Kick -> spikes (who put those up everywhere?), kick -> cliff, kick -> bonfire, kick -> other monster, kick -> kick. :) Other highlights include charming enemies to fight their buddies, icy puddles of bruised rumps, and kegs to the head.

I also love how the game rewards exploration and gives you lots of different possibilities to approach combat situations. The only bad thing I have encountered so far are the infamous poisonous spiders. I hate spiders in video games. But all in all I am very happy with the purchase and would recommend it to anyone who can shrug off a tricky situation or two in his action RPGs.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    So I started To the Moon. Inception meets the make-a-wish foundation?
    To amend my earlier statement - Inception meets the make-a-wish foundation meets Memento. Really great stuff, I can tell I'm going to be thinking about the themes when I drift off to sleep tonight. Anyone who isn't emotionally affected is dead inside!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    To amend my earlier statement - Inception meets the make-a-wish foundation meets Memento. Really great stuff, I can tell I'm going to be thinking about the themes when I drift off to sleep tonight. Anyone who isn't emotionally affected is dead inside!
    Yeah, but will the husks among us still enjoy it?

I'm trying to continue my campaign of Might & Magic: Heroes IV (TM), but some failed update causes all saves to throw you back to the horrid horrid U-play... Man, what was I thinking when I bought this game? Regrets regrets regrets. But they at least taught me to avoid Ubisoft forever more. And skip Diablo 3 as well. There's no way I'll be getting a game with DRM that forces you to be online and can kick you out any time. Blegh...
    Mijn Uitlaatklep - My (Dutch) blog about games, music and more

I've just finished Space Marine, I'm actually hoping very much THQ can manage to make a sequel, seeing how it ends on an obvious "To be continued".
    Also finished KOTO, malak's fight was tiring.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    I've been playing spec ops: the line, alongside some planescape torment and shogun 2: fall of the samurai.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Hypernetic's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorzan View Post
    I've just finished Space Marine, I'm actually hoping very much THQ can manage to make a sequel, seeing how it ends on an obvious "To be continued".
    Also finished KOTO, malak's fight was tiring.
    Orc yelling "SPACE MARINE!" x10000 =D

Secondary Hivemind Nexus coldvvvave's Avatar
    HL2EP1 I wanted to go to that hospital. But I'm stuck at starting levels. god I forgot how bad the starting levels are. No guns, only super-gravitygun and Citadel. Killing millions of Combine. Alyx talks and talks and talks. Oh god this is horrible.

GTA:San Andreas I compiled my own "90's music list" even though I never listened to anything until 2000's. Custom Radio is the greatest thing. I shoved early 90's FLA, NIN, Skinny Puppy, Curve, Killing Joke( Brighter Than A Thousand Suns only), Sheep on Drugs, 16volt, Chemlab, Acumen Nation and some demo tapes of The Birthday Massacre( haters gonna hate) in there and I'm enjoying it all even though I understand how out of character I'm behaving.
    Last edited by coldvvvave; 14-07-2012 at 07:08 PM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Limbo. I don't think I've ever begged a game not to kill me so much.

Limbo is a great game but the ending is almost as disappointing as ME3's. Though ME3 would be better off with Limbo's ending. Think I checked an online walkthrough twice or so.
    Twitter! Occasional impressions on random sim games.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Sketch's Avatar
    Eh? I thought Limbo had a great ending.

Nothing ever disturbs me much about death than Limbo. And maybe Heart of Darkness but both games are pretty graphic when it comes to that. *shudders*
    Art blog here.

Doodles poodles sheboodles

Starting up Lara Croft & the Guardian of Light with my sis, because I was able to get a second copy from the summer sale. Co-op is pretty cool, but the way some obstacles can be overcome by dying and respawning in your partners place is stupid.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus
    Space Colony. A 2003 Firefly game with the worst box art ever?

Fortunately, the game is awesome. It's an economic/management game, (so you place structures, gather resources, and refine base materials into more profitable products) but the twist is that you are also managing the individual colonists of your base. They're predefined characters who want to be happy, get paid, work out, eat, all that stuff.

The setting is very well realized. You have to make sure you have enough power and oxygen in your domes, and a perimeter of laser guns to keep the aliens out. You also have to send a colonist out to blowtorch weeds that encroach on your dome and spit out MUTANT BEES. The map is completely dark except for where you plant a light post, which adds wonderfully to the menacing, alien feel. You set up a robot with chainsaw arms to hack down the plants you refine into your food, and a little flying drone will come pick up the nutrients and fly it back to your warehouse.

The only blemish is that the colonists have these terrible, stereotyped personalities. There's the black rapper guy, the gruff biker guy, the middle-aged Texan drunk woman, the Nebraskan farmer who can only farm space chickens (but do it really well). There's even a valley girl. It's pretty easy to tune it out, but it can be annoying.

Fun game nonetheless.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Still enjoying Cargo! The Quest for Gravity in short bursts of 30 minutes or so.

"He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Just finished Bulletstorm, which was a very enjoyable FPS indeed. Solid shooting, fun weapons and some crazy set-pieces. Wasn't expecting to like it half as much as I did.

Next items on my gaming agenda are Stacking and Quantum Conundrum.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Still Empire: TW, about 70 hours in now, only 2 minor nations left (see if you can guess which) and the major nations are myself (Great Britain), United Provinces (ally), Prussia, Russia, Po-Lithuania, Ottoman (ally) and Sweden. I own all of India except Ceylon (UP owns), most of the Americas apart from 2 UP regions and 2 Swenish regions, and a decent part of Europe.

Just declared war on Russia, as they were getting a bit big in Europe, and finally the AI seems to have realised there's a diplomacy window. I don't know if it's because my prestige is about 5 times the next best or that there are so few nations left that things are simpler for it to understand, but finally the computer is using diplomacy. Except it doesn't matter now for the most part. In the AI turn after I made war with Russia (who were joined by their allies Po-Lithuania), the Prussians offered me money and military access for a tech - meaning I could go through them to attack the Po-Lithuanians. I accepted, thinking "Ah-ha!". Then the Po-Lithuanians offer me money and peace in exchange for tech, Croatia and Venice, which I renegotiate to just some old tech (they didn't even have Wedge Formation) - removing them from the war meaning Russia are double-fucked. Then Russia offer a peace treaty with no strings attached - straight up peace. Obviously I refuse as by now the war is on the best terms I could ever have (no Russian allies) but the fact they tried was nice. It's just annoying that the AI is 100 turns too late with this shit. I no longer have any real need for diplomacy seeing as my armies are veteren, my troop tech is almost maxed out, my fleets contain mostly 1st-4th class ships of the line, and my income is almost 100,000 per turn; ie. I can make a full stack army appear in a few clicks.

Still, great game. Can't believe I've had this much fun with what I thought would be the black sheep of the Total War family.