Page 351 of 1137 FirstFirst ... 251301341349350351352353361401451851 ... LastLast
Results 7,001 to 7,020 of 22725
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DaftPunk View Post
    Beware of the all mighty Russia! I'm currently playing as them in Medieval 2 with SS mod,and i am slowly preparing army to start taking other nations,i think Lithuania will be my first victim! buahaha :v
    Thanks but something tells me I'll be okay...

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Oh,nice. Also how UI looks so nicee,you don't want to see my,on low settings :'(

Keeping on with Deus Ex: HR, I'm currently at detroit's riots.
    Also, starting to play Blood Bowl Legendary Edition, This morning I took a good look at the Blood Bowl manual and am now playing a campaing to get the hang of the rules before jumping to the RPS Challenge Leage, on wich I expect to do horribly wrong for quite some time, because, as much fun as it's looking like, I don't think I'm very good at this game.

Quote Originally Posted by LTK View Post
    What's the last version you played? After around version 1.1 I just got bored with how routine I was playing the game, and my creative spark for building was sapped completely as well. Even in my Hardcore game I was so ridiculously succesful that it didn't feel like the world was at stake at all. So I quit Minecraft cold turkey - no playing the game, no posting on the forum, no reading the wiki, no reading the patch notes - until it got sufficiently changed that it'd cease boring me. So I'm wondering: has that happened yet?
    I think when i first started it had been in April 2011 that i last entered my minecraft worlds. So that was even before it went final. So yes, there is a lot of new stuff to discover. The worlds that are created are very new to me, there have been many changes to the environment, the wildlife and I sill didn't know about that experience bar (what's that for?).

Still, I think I play Minecraft in a different way than you. It was never about a challenge for me. I tried to survive, then discover something new, not master and eventually enslave the world I created. :)

Secondary Hivemind Nexus vinraith's Avatar
    Minecraft has never lived up to its initial potential as a survival game, and at this point I'm certain it never will. It's clearly not where the developers want to go with it. That's a shame, but I got my $15 worth out of it a long time ago, so I'm content to simply let it go. I've no idea when the last time I played it was (last spring, at best) and I really have no itch to go back.

To topic: Playing Mass Effect 3 and having a nice time of it. They put a little RPG back into the tactical shooter with conversations, it's nice to see. Nothing too substantial, of course, but then ME's strength has never been its mechanics.
    Last edited by vinraith; 16-07-2012 at 01:12 AM.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Drake Sigar's Avatar
    Started playing Skyrim again. So I sit down in a tavern and buy some food off a waitress, and this dude just starts running towards me like he's going to tackle me through the table. Then he suddenly stops and says something about being 'lucky I got to it in time'. Then a pot falls off a shelf.

Six freakin' months and they still haven't fixed the basics. I suppose this means I won't be able to decorate my future guild room either.

Oh,nice. Also how UI looks so nicee,you don't want to see my,on low settings :'(
    The Empire campaign map is easily my favourite so far. Everything looks so crisp and it isn't running anywhere near full - this alone makes my GPU fan go crazy. I long for the day I can once again play a Total War game maxed out. The only slider I need to max out these days is Unit Size, and I will sacrifice any amount of shadows and particle effects to be able to do that.

i am going to buy the Kotor Collection on Wednesday.
    i am still running through Gundam vs Zeta Gundam
    also downloaded Darksabers Ultimate craft pack for XWA.
    i am also playing the Amazing Spider-man.

Obscure Node
    Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Limbo. I don't think I've ever begged a game not to kill me so much.
    I hate you. It's been like a year since I finished it, saw your post and now playing it again. I don't know how to do the spoiler thing since I'm new to this forum but late last night I continued from the part where you are to amputate you know who by using the metal trap. One of the greatest things about Limbo and that foe in particular is because "he" made it personal. If it was simply hunger or instinct, he would have went for that boy in the cave, instead he ignores him to go after you. Anyway, I started off that segment late in the night while I forgot my volume was turned waaaaay up. When he swung at me, it shortened my lifespan by about 5 years.

Currently playing Hitman: BM for the first time, skipped it due to bad vibe I got from reviews, I'm still undecided whether that was a good idea or not.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    All the JC2 discussion in the other thread made me want to try it out again... God it's big.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sonson's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    Thanks but something tells me I'll be okay...

Are you not just really bored by the lack of challenge at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Sigar View Post
    Six freakin' months and they still haven't fixed the basics. I suppose this means I won't be able to decorate my future guild room either.
    That bug is really really annoying. I can't have a talk with the innkeeper without triggering a hurricane of dishes and vegetables flying through the room. It's like the Dragonborn is telekinetic savant of some kind.

Activated Node
    Bought Anno 2070 and SpaceChem in the Steam sale. Started playing Anno then uplay fell over and I remember why I didn't buy it at release. It was a good thing though as it meant I played SpaceChem and it's properly amazing. Think it'll keep me occupied for quite a while given that even some of the early levels are proving to be a challenge.

Finished the Portal 2 singleplayer campaign. Solid stuff but as I've already mentioned earlier, not the Second Coming of video games in my opinion. Now onwards to the co-op chambers!

Secondary Hivemind Nexus DaftPunk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Casimir Effect View Post
    The Empire campaign map is easily my favourite so far. Everything looks so crisp and it isn't running anywhere near full - this alone makes my GPU fan go crazy. I long for the day I can once again play a Total War game maxed out. The only slider I need to max out these days is Unit Size, and I will sacrifice any amount of shadows and particle effects to be able to do that.

What kind of setup you have there ? I don't believe game is that much demanding now,or is it :o Post some screenshots in screenies thread,let me see the beauty :3

Q.U.B.E.
    Not bad. Not shabby and well presented but wears its influences on its sleeve a little too much. Also seems really bloody easy.

Legend of Grimrock
    One of the few times where the hype seems to be spot on. This is bloody fantastic!

DirT 3
    Dragon age II
    Two Worlds 2
    Hitman Bloodmoney
    Splintercell Conviction
    Asscred Rev
    Torchlight

are the ones I play daily.
    If graphics are not important why spend so much on a GPU?

Network Hub
    Gateways

Completed at last! What an awesome game. That time travel mechanic sure makes for some difficult puzzles. I think it would have been better without any enemies at all, but it is one of my favourites of recent games.

Max Payne 3

Started and finished this weekend. I like where they've taken Max Payne's story with part 3. The setting has changed from NY in the snow to tropical slums but it definitely feels like more Max Payne; he's drunk, he's lost and he gets mighty angry at everyone who's out to get him. The soundtrack is excellent throughout, with the opening airport scene near the end being a particular high point.

The gameplay feels like a throwback compared to other modern 3rd person games. It adds a cover system like all the rest but it also manages to be incredibly brutal. There are lots of enemies and every one of them can kill you in an instant if they get behind you or catch you in the open while all your guns are similarly quick to kill. The lowly pistols are still highly effective at the end of the game. I've not played a 3rd person shooter that's quite so quick to kill you for your mistakes in a long time and it was glorious.

There were a couple of frustrating moments, mostly because of their decision to add a 'boss' enemy with near invincible armour to a few scenes,and the checkpoints are occasionally a little wayward but as a whole it managed to be enjoyable while it was kicking you yet again. Yes, there are lots of cutscenes. They're well done and there's still plenty of shooting between them.

Alice: Madness Returns

A few hours into this now. The world is the highlight of the game so far. There are plenty of plain odd and surreal characters and locations along the way and it's all rather dark too. I've not taken as many screenshots in a single game before this. The combat is fun if a bit shallow and the platforming is long-winded and very basic. It feels like it needed someone to cut out a few chunks of meandering platforms and remove a few hours of tedium. It's hard to judge how far you can go with the quadruple jump and glide system but most of the time it's so straightforward that it's irrelevant. Definitely worth pushing through for the sake of the world they've designed around it.

Some screenshots here.
    Last edited by Goateh; 16-07-2012 at 11:32 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by sonson View Post
    Are you not just really bored by the lack of challenge at this point?
    Normally I would have stopped but I have a lot on right now and just want a relaxing game to play when I have time. With Empire at this point I know I'm unbeatable, but if I want drama I can still declare war on everyone or go into battles with far fewer troops. And the bigger battles are always worth doing, especially now I've discovered how great artillery can be.

What kind of setup you have there ? I don't believe game is that much demanding now,or is it :o Post some screenshots in screenies thread,let me see the beauty :3
    It was only an above-average build back when I built it in 2009: AMD Phenom II X4, GTX 275, 4GB DDR2. So it's definitely showing its age now and games like Empire and The Witcher 2 can wreck it. It runs Empire pretty well on medium-high detail but I wouldn't try going to Ultra. TW games are always hard to judge as well - it can run fine with high FPS in small battles but your first 2000 vs 2000 man battle causes the FPS to drop below 10. So it's usually better to be on the safe side with the graphics. Empire itself can be demanding as there is a lot a scale in the graphics options, and also I don't think it has ever been the best optimised game.

Been playing a little Terraria, some Max Payne 2 (yes, not 3), a hint of Hitman: Blood Money, and latest Frozen Synapse. MP2 doesn't feel as good as MP1 used to feel for some reason, or then it's just nostalgia. Hitman is good fun, though it's a bit difficult sometimes to figure out the neat ways to cause various sorts of accidents without consulting a walkthrough. My assassinations therefore tend to become rather messy, but quiet, thanks to the silenced Silverballer!