Page 353 of 1049 FirstFirst ... 253303343351352353354355363403453853 ... LastLast
Results 7,041 to 7,060 of 20972
    Secondary Hivemind Nexus Casimir Effect's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fumarole View Post
    Until I played Shogun 2 I didn't realize just how awesome the rotatable map is.
    Now I'm really looking forward to playing it

Currently Playing Spec-Ops: The Line.

The story is so incredibly fucked up, and I love it. I Think the best way to describe it is like an inverted 'Call of Duty' game. The setting is kinda unique as well (what with it being Dubai, instead of Iraq/Iran/Afghanistan). IMO it's definitly worth the 1/2 price sale they were offering it for on Amazon recently (not sure if the deal is still going).

The gameplay's nothing new, and the "push space to do everything" feature is abit annoying (same as it was in ME2), but otherwise it's a game that's definitly worth experiencing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus SirKicksalot's Avatar
    I finished Sniper Elite V2. It was FUN AS FUCK. The cover system is broken but otherwise it's a very solid game. Trip wires and booby traps were sadistically enjoyable, don't ignore them if you play this.

Why are all modern Rebellion games so ultraviolent anyway? After playing this and watching the new Dredd footage, I wonder why exactly aren't they making a Judge Dredd game. The whole franchise is theirs!

Lesser Hivemind Node internetonsetadd's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Finicky View Post
    It's a lot better than the awful tv show that's for sure.
    The game is survival with some horror, the show is neighbours/home and away with the odd zombie, some jesus bible hugging crap and poor writing, acting and dialog.
    I don't hate TWD series as much as a lot of people seem to, but fiction is my life and none of your criticisms are off the mark. I find the story arcs and production values enjoyable, but most of the characters and their ongoing interaction with one another are poorly written. The general idea--a zombie epic that focuses on the living--is good (too few zombie encounters isn't the problem), but the execution isn't. Most of the drama is forced and not particularly believable or engaging; my girlfriend rolled her eyes all through the last season. Despite that, there are some shining moments, and it's still better than 95% of everything else on TV.

So far, the characters in the game are infinitely more believable and engrossing.

And to the guy who mentioned Aquaria, that was one of the few SNES-style platformer-type games that really enthralled me in the last ten years. So, so good.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mnemnoch View Post
    Kicking you say? I loaded up Cargo for the first time and well I shouldn't have click that when I'm about to sleep. Those buddies are creeping me out and kicking them is apparently fun for them.. Im gonna try playing it tomorrow properly.
    They look innocent, but they have a mean streak - and they're our replacement!

Don't let that stop you though, the game has a good few hours of tinkering with the vehicles - and if you really can't stand the rather linear campaign and story, you can always do said tinkering in the sandbox mode.
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

The Binding of Isaac. I die a lot, quit a lot, then come back five minutes later (a lot). Also dabbling in Warlock - Master of the Arcane, the combat AI is way better than Civ V's already.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    They look innocent, but they have a mean streak - and they're our replacement!

Don't let that stop you though, the game has a good few hours of tinkering with the vehicles - and if you really can't stand the rather linear campaign and story, you can always do said tinkering in the sandbox mode.
    I'm not sure they are mean, technically they are incapable of being nasty.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Tritagonist's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Heliocentric View Post
    I'm not sure they are mean, technically they are incapable of being nasty.
    Well, perhaps - but they did say they 'couldn't do much worse' than Flawkes - and called her a fool!
    "He has anointed me to bring good news to the poor. He has sent me to proclaim release to
    the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to let the oppressed go free". ~
    Luke 4:18

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Heliocentric's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tritagonist View Post
    I believe they were talking in a ghettoised vernacular than insultingly.
    I'm failing to writing a blog, specifically about playing games the wrong way
    http://playingitwrong.wordpress.com/

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Ys: Origins. Oh dear god, so good, but the boss battles are harbingers of rage and desperation.

Still, I'm freaking loving it. If Felghana goes on a flash sale of some sort, instant buy. If not, last day purchase.

Finished Dear Esther. Veredict: MEH
    Playing Sam & Max Season 3.
    I'm not getting very into it despite having liked the previous seasons a lot.

Network Hub
    Quote Originally Posted by Rauten View Post
    Ys: Origins. Oh dear god, so good, but the boss battles are harbingers of rage and desperation.

Still, I'm freaking loving it. If Felghana goes on a flash sale of some sort, instant buy. If not, last day purchase.
    Yeah, I hate the boss battles in that game too. And in Felghana, come to think of it. Yeah definitely buy Felghana if you like Origin.

Network Hub
    Christ allmighty Mirror's Edge is a frustrating game. It started off well, and I was impressed, but now I've gotten to a part where I have to follow another runner by making a series of jumps from pipe to pipe, and Faith will absolutely not grab the third pipe, for some insane reason. The controls seem very particular, which isn't a good thing for a platformer. The most frustrating thing in a game is when you keep having to perform the same task over and over without a clue as to why you are continuously failing.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus sabrage's Avatar
    Felghana is awesome. And yeah, the bosses are total bitches.

Lesser Hivemind Node
    Quote Originally Posted by gganate View Post
    Christ allmighty Mirror's Edge is a frustrating game. It started off well, and I was impressed, but now I've gotten to a part where I have to follow another runner by making a series of jumps from pipe to pipe, and Faith will absolutely not grab the third pipe, for some insane reason. The controls seem very particular, which isn't a good thing for a platformer. The most frustrating thing in a game is when you keep having to perform the same task over and over without a clue as to why you are continuously failing.
    I know exactly the bit you're talking about. It took me forever. I'm afraid I can't remember exactly what I did to make it work. The other worst thing- knowing what you're supposed to do, but having the game make doing it pointlessly fiddly.

Lesser Hivemind Node TechnoJellyfish's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gganate View Post
    I think you have to aim your crosshair at the object your trying to grab. I remember missing some of those myself until I tried to aim properly.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Lukasz's Avatar
    Finished DEHR. very underwhelming ending.

and tried to play F:NV but audio lags. found solution but did not implement it yet.

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Rauten's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmicolor View Post
    Yeah, I hate the boss battles in that game too. And in Felghana, come to think of it. Yeah definitely buy Felghana if you like Origin.
    Quote Originally Posted by sabrage View Post
    Felghana is awesome. And yeah, the bosses are total bitches.
    I have to say though, as horrible as the boss battles are, they're part of why I'm loving it; because when I actually manage to beat the damn bastard, I feel like the king of the world.

Started playing Fallout 3 for the first time, pretty fun so far. I read that the Broken Steel DLC allows you to keep playing after you finish the main quest. Does that mean that your game 'ends' once you finish the Broken Steel questline, or that you are unrestricted in the same way you are in Elder Scrolls games?

Secondary Hivemind Nexus Smashbox's Avatar
    You can keep going after Broken Steel, Scrolls™-style.

I've played a fair amount of From Dust recently - it's pretty hypnotic and it makes me think I would spend time playing a game about sorting things into piles. It's not GREAT though. Very linear (and Ubilauncher grumble grumble whythefuckdoineedtologintomygame).

Also just started Orcs Must Die, and that's a blast, so far!
    Last edited by Smashbox; 17-07-2012 at 05:07 PM.